Massachusetts Anti-Gay Hate Group Offers ‘Not Equal’ Stickers

Oncar_0314_420

Well this is quite a statement to put on your bumper: MassResistance, a Massachusetts anti-gay group, is giving out 'not equal' stickers that are essentially copies of the Human Rights Campaign's logo with a big, negative slash right through them.

Via Jeremy Hooper's Good As You, here's just a taste of MassResistance's inspiration for making the stickers, taken from their own website:

The concept of "equal" is the building block of the homosexual movement's overall propaganda campaign. Simply put, homosexuality must be considered "equal" to normal heterosexuality throughout society, on all levels of human activity.

By pushing the "equal" sign everywhere, it's also meant to have an intimidating psychological effect on anyone who opposes their movement. Individual activists often display it as much as possible. It says that they're banded together, that they're everywhere, that their "equal" is the new normal, and that we don't have a chance countering their momentum.

The truth is: It's NOT equal. And MassResistance has decided to help you fight back. We've just "come out" with our own sticker that subtly and simply counters their propaganda.

MassResistance has a few suggestions for where you might put your stickers–say, for example, "on your car between your 'Impeach Obama' and 'NRA' stickers."  Maybe you'd like to put them "on doors and walls in public schools–or better yet, in the State House!"

It's one thing to campaign against LGBT equality and to make outlandish statements like claiming that legal protections for LGBT people constitute 'special treatment.'  But it's a whole new low to proudly proclaim your belief that people should be treated unequally, and to make conveient little stickers to share that message.

Oh, and the best part about them?  They're a lovely lavender color.

Comments

1. HadenoughBS says

I’ve got a suggestion where MassResistance members and followers can place the “not equal” sticker: right over their anus out of which they do all their homophobic talking.

2. Stan D says

My bumper sticker may not agree with your bumper sticker, but I will fight to the death for your right to stick it.

I can think of some place to suggest where these creeps can stick them.

3. Stan D says

I can think of some place to suggest where these creeps can stick them.

4. says

So this gang of highway men have just shredded Jefferson’s writing, ” We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal,….”

I don’t believe for one minute that the population of the great founding State of Massachusetts would display many of these deliberately provocative and demeaning and unpatriotic bumper stickers.
    How absolutely hateful they seem.

5. says

I’m typically very proud to hail from Massachusetts because it’s extremely liberal and the majority of the population there has a great sense of logic. This just goes to show ya there are nuts everywhere.

6. Bobubye says

I wonder how many of their members are Irish Catholic? how quickly the oppressed become the oppressors.

7. EB says

Massachusetts doesn’t dive for every baited hook. When it was the only state that voted for McGovern against Nixon, they had a bumper sticker that read, “Don’t Blame Me, I’m From Massachusetts” Gays can’t be so naive to believe that everyone’s been blown over.

8. says

@ BOBUBYE :
    You make a dull point……..times have changed…….it’s now a generational thing, not an ethnic one.
    There was certainly truth to your observation in the past….but things are not as they have been……it’s the old American Irish/Order of Hibernians etc who are now shocked to find that the “old country” is light years more liberal and progressive than they are.

9. Gestly says

Not only are these stickers hateful and bigoted — they are tacky, not well designed and in very, very poor taste. At least Hitler had a sense of design and style. How will MassResistance ever accomplish a gay genocide with such poor graphic design?

10. trees says

What is “normal heterosexuality”? Is it just the missionary position, and everything else is abnormal heterosexuality, or what?

11. Lee says

Request multiple copies over and over again….drain their bank accounts.

I actually think their slogan backfires and makes it clear it’s about hate.

12. norseman says

In Massachusetts this will be a total yawn and a fizzle. I hope they didn’t waste their money by printing a whole bunch. Oh wait, I don’t care.

13. NE Rich says

Ok here is what you do when you see this. Keep a supply of “I ‘heart’ CHER” bumperstickers in your car, pull up along side them and stick it over this. You may use any gay icon you want, I’ll go with CHER.

14. SoLeftImRight says

I don’t think I’ve ever met a “normal heterosexual”…what the hell is that? The concept that embracing and advocating inequality is somehow “American” or adheres to Constitutional values is really amazing. It takes a special kind of crazy to go there.

I guess I will use my “2nd Amendment rights” and blow out the back window of any car displaying this tacky symbol. OK, no, I won’t, but I’m sure some moran from the other side has said the same about HRC symbols.

15. Jim says

Why is this news? Why does anybody care? This little group matters not at all. Despite the name, all the members of MassResistance could fit comfortably in a corner booth at your local MacDonald’s. Why keep reporting the antics of unimportant cranks? Can’t you find anything better to post?

16. MajorTom says

We put equals stickers on our cars to show the world that we are equal. They put not equals stickers on their cars to show the world that they are…

17. Joe in Ct says

This is truly helpful. I hope it catches on. Let the bigots advertise their bigotry clearly and plainly. It’s much better than trying to identify them with less direct means.

18. Nelson says

Dear MassResistance: Please sit down with us and have a rational discussion about why some Americans should be considered unequal under the secular law of the constitution. Your discussion may not contain references to any religious belief, and must show clearly that gay people harm the state. Your argument must also take into account: science, tens of thousands of interviews with gay people who say they never knew any other orientation, and you must admit at the beginning that you do not want equality basically because , well, you just find gay sex icky. These are the parameters. Okay: discuss rationally! Go!

19. Bernie says

what is funny is that these bumper stickers crack me up and they reflect on the maker and users of these asinine stickers…I am not offended at all……..it just shows their hate and homophobia and using lavender is a great touch

20. Hagatha says

I admire the courage of ones convictions, I just don’t think your car should have to suffer for it. In general, when I see a political bumper sticker, or worse (
    “My chile is a f’ing genius at Beulah Johnston Smiff Elementary”) my reaction is “Who f’ing cares?”