Crime | New York | News

NYC Gay Basher Appears in Court, Faces Up to 4 Years in Prison: VIDEO

A_lanier

Alfonso Lanier, charged with an attack on Michael Felenchak and his partner Peter Notman in NYC's Chelsea neighborhood in August appeared in court yesterday on charges of aggravated harassment and felony assault as a hate crime:

A grand jury will be asked to indict Lanier on a charge of assault as a hate crime, which would carry a maximum penalty of four years in prison, WCBS 880′s Irene Cornell reported.

Lanier's accomplices are still at large.

Watch CBS New York's report, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Maia black commit more violent crime that's a statistical fact it would be idiotic to not be more apprehensive its called survival if you want to die then that's on you. Bet this couple will be watching over their shoulder from now on.

Posted by: Lee | Sep 19, 2013 2:30:29 PM

2. It's a statistical fact that whites commit more more mass shootings and sexual crimes such as peophillia than any other race in America, yet nobody is looking over their shoulder or hiding their children away from them.

Posted by: Frank | Sep 19, 2013 4:11:12 PM

3. Talk about being smacked with an ugly stick.

Posted by: ratbastard | Sep 19, 2013 4:53:09 PM

4. Why is it that the ugliest of this kind feel that all the gays want them? Or, is it that they are lashing out because we DO NOT want them? Does anyone rememeber the biogot and burning in hell now, sam kinison with the same complex? As ugly as this guy and guys like him are, no man, woman or animal would want them! I wish they would realize this truth and just kill themselves instead!

Posted by: Excuse Me | Sep 19, 2013 5:09:05 PM

5. 4 years? This thug isn't going to do anything with his life. Do society a favor and lock him up for much longer for his VIOLENT thuggery.

Posted by: Observer | Sep 19, 2013 8:44:10 PM

6. May this monster die a painful death for the pain he made that loving couple endure. This ignorant bigots life is over. He'll always have a criminal record.

Posted by: JoJo | Sep 19, 2013 8:44:42 PM

7. @ MIKEINSANJOSE,

While I'm clueless as to what was in your comment, I've come to realize that twlrd only censors comments with content that demeans White folks, even the sarcastic ones. If a comment with white supremacist connotations appears, it gets a pass no questions asked. Oh well.

Not long ago I posted a comment directed @ HAGATHA and JACKFKNTWIST which basically said the same things they've been saying about homophobia in non-white communities, only re-arranged and directed towards white folks and it never made it. I actually laughed all night as it was simply pathetic on the part of ANDY. The sarcasm behind went straight over his head.

I remember when I was in college and this site was my number one stop every morning before I hit the books. How anyone with a shred of common sense can allow some of the stuff I've seen on here lately, is beyond me.

Posted by: SHABAKA | Sep 19, 2013 10:56:06 PM

8. Just another thug who'll use the "my momma wasn't in my life. I had a hard life" BULL crap. May he rot in jail

Posted by: Leo | Sep 19, 2013 11:17:21 PM

9. You can bet if the roles were reversed and a group of gay teens attacked a black person, all the black posters, especially gay blacks, would be trying to shame the entire gay community with homophobic remarks bashing all gays. Yet the roles reversed and we have to ignore the obvious.

Posted by: Gino | Sep 19, 2013 11:18:21 PM

10. Actually frank yes I do I always assume to weird older white guy is a perv its called common sense just as its common sense to be on your guard when a large group of young(16-30) black males you dont know come up toward you only a fool would not become supsicous in either situation you can't trust anyone ever especial those who look like criminals cause guess what stereotypes exist for a reason and are true more often than not.

Posted by: Lee | Sep 20, 2013 3:07:18 AM

11. Actually frank yes I do I always assume to weird older white guy is a perv its called common sense just as its common sense to be on your guard when a large group of young(16-30) black males you dont know come up toward you only a fool would not become supsicous in either situation you can't trust anyone ever especial those who look like criminals cause guess what stereotypes exist for a reason and are true more often than not.

Posted by: Lee | Sep 20, 2013 3:07:19 AM

12. Good. Next, go after any net worth this idiot has in civil court. Bankrupt him once his is out of prison. MAKE HIM WORK FOR YOU...a judgement against him will have him doing just that. I sure hope he enjoys his time in prison. Just don't bend over, buttercup...it only hurts the first few dozen times...if you're lucky...

Posted by: millerbeach | Sep 20, 2013 3:07:19 AM

13. First of all, I don't know if you've be reading the news lately but it' not just weird old guys that are molesting kids. Gee I'll have to remember words next time me and a group of my other black friends are walking into a gay bar. We'll be careful to try not to make any sudden moves, because as you say "only a fool would not become suspicious when a large group of young black males is walking towards them".

Posted by: Frank | Sep 20, 2013 4:40:20 AM

14. I like how Gino tries to distance himself from white creepiness and crimininality by pinning it on "weird older white guys." Nope. Since we're stereotyping, let's have some realtalk: white guys (and not just "older ones") are more likely to be pedophiles, mass shooters, drunk drivers, and serial killers. White guys have killed more people than any group: form the Crusades, to the Inquisition, to the Witch Trials, to the Indian Genocide, to the Civil War, WWI, WWII, the Holocaust, the Iraq War, the Great Depression, and the financial shenanigans that destroyed lives through the Great Recession. White men have been responsible for more death, destruction, and downright evil behavior throughout human history than any other demographic. But I'm supposed to be scared of some poor powerless black kid?

Maybe the reason some blacks are homophobic is because white gays continue to demonstrate that as a group they are similar to the KKK (I know it's not true of all, but hey, it's okay to stereotype). Maybe you get what you put out? Just a thought.

Posted by: DK | Sep 20, 2013 1:11:23 PM