BigGayDeal.com

What's the Worst Thing You've Ever Heard Your Mommy Say? — VIDEO

Kid

Jimmy Kimmel canvasses kids on the street about the naughty words mommy has been using.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. My mommy says s**t sometimes when she is really mad. I'm 55 and still scandalized that she know that word.

Posted by: Tom | Sep 14, 2013 11:21:11 AM

2. My mom, a good christian woman, would exclaim 'schiesse' and "H-E-double toothpicks". I just thought they were sounds to express frustration or anger; I never (at that time) thought they meant anything.

Posted by: woodroad34d | Sep 14, 2013 12:01:39 PM

3. my mother never swore; but very seldom, if my father was upset, she'd come out with "Don't get your b*lls in an uproar!" i never knew where that came from. she'd go to mass every day if she didn't have to work...

Posted by: mike/ | Sep 14, 2013 3:13:59 PM

4. My mom's favorite expression was "good night shirt." I have no idea what that means.

Posted by: Mike in the tundra | Sep 14, 2013 3:55:12 PM

5. Damn all those kids were so cute!!!

Posted by: andrew | Sep 14, 2013 4:01:20 PM

6. My son has told me that I'm "very inappropriate for children." He was 8 at the time.

Posted by: olympiasepiriot | Sep 14, 2013 4:31:49 PM

7. Olympiasepiriot, is your son's name Alexander?

Posted by: Palmer | Sep 14, 2013 7:09:20 PM

8. My mom was the world's biggest double-standard bearer; she could swear like a fishwife, especially in states of rage, but we kids were all forbidden to swear. As the oldest, I got the bare-butt spanking and the soap-in-the-mouth treatment; my youngest sister (by 12 years) made the mistake of flipping her off (at age 9, after my mom laughed when she fell in a creek on a hike), and got the silent treatment for 3 days.

Personally, as a teacher, I'm disturbed by the number of these kids--especially sweet-faced boys--being called "stupid." It's one thing to critique behavior, but if these kids are actually being called that, it's going to leave scars. (Ask Whoopi Goldberg, who's vented about it repeatedly.)

Posted by: Dback | Sep 14, 2013 7:55:11 PM

9. When upset, my grandmother would say 'sugar' or 'foot'. My mother was fond of 'God bless America!' Added a touch of cognitive dissonance to my childhood.

Posted by: Jesrad | Sep 14, 2013 10:13:33 PM

10. That she seriously thought about getting an abortion, all I could say was that I was glad you didn't.

Posted by: Miss Conception | Sep 14, 2013 10:37:06 PM

11. The worst thing I heard my own mother say was that I cramped her style. Yes, that's what she said. Dad was just as callous after their divorce. Both descended into parental irresponsibility so extreme that in another era they might have been arrested. Hence, I rebelled the only way appropriate - I became a socially conservative, pro-family right-winger.

Posted by: Mary | Sep 14, 2013 11:08:04 PM

12. I became a socially conservative, pro-family right-winger. - Mary

so then you were a rebel without a cause, grrreat!

Posted by: bigun | Sep 14, 2013 11:23:48 PM

13. Worst thing? Well, she's incredibly racist about African Americans, so there's that. But in regards to I as her son, when I was a teen I overheard her tell someone on a phone that if she had it to do over again she would have chosen to abort me (ouch!).

Posted by: Ian | Sep 15, 2013 12:05:02 AM