Comments

1. Jude says

This is wonderful. His victory speech was indeed a good one.

Btw, notice how he’s wearing a purple tie. Coincidently, one day after his win on Oct 17th is GLAAD’s Spirit Day and they are asking people to wear purple in a stand against bullying. But is it a coincidence on his part? I think not.

2. Mike says

Think that Cory Booker is a staunch LGBT ally and NOT necessarily gay himself. (Sorry David.) Have been impressed with him for MANY reasons. His ideas, his speaking ability and by his direct action. Not the least of which is when he disobeyed his own security staff, pushing them aside and choosing instead to follow a mother’s screams and the faint calls of “I’m here, I’m here. Help! I’m here” He then ran into a burning building and emerged with the trapped occupant safely in his arms. The burned and bandaged Booker later told reporters that he didn’t feel like a hero. He simply said “I felt terror”.

3. anon says

Great, but he sleepwalked his way to victory in an attempt to conserve cash for next year’s election. He barely made any appearances out of Newark or Essex and Hudson counties.

4. Derrick from Philly says

@ “He barely made any appearances out of Newark or Essex and Hudson counties.”

No, darlin’, from what I read (and saw on MSNBC) he barely made an appearance in New Jersey.

But that’ all right. If Hillary can do it so can he. I’ll be voting for her in 2016. And I’ll probably be voiting for Corey in 2020 …from my grave.

5. Derrick from Philly says

@ “He barely made any appearances out of Newark or Essex and Hudson counties.”

6. eric says

he is just a fame whore. long on rhetoric and short on accomplishments. i hope hillary wont pick him as her mate.

and yes please, its safe outside the closet now.