Comments

1. Adam says

Maybe Andy needs to explain why he keeps promoting Miley.

2. Derrick from Philly says

@ “She’s not particularly gay-friendly and has failed to embrace the gay male aesthetic in her videos. She’s done nothing for us.”

Well, that’s interesting. I just got finished reading one of those internet biographies of her (because I didn’t have a clue what she was famous for). It turns out that she’s been known as a supporter of civil rights for Gays since her early teens.

Very interesting family history also.

3. Hyde says

Actually, her sticking tongue out thing is a popular pose in Japan that Ganguro girls do, and it has been around for a while now. It’s in a lot of anime, manga, and hentai too.

Twerking is also an old New Orleans thing, but she does it wrong.

But really, who cares about what she does? If she wants to do Ganguro poses and try to twerk then so be it? Definitely not a reason to bash her.

4. Daniel says

SNL has a bad track record with young female hosts. It usually means a bad show. I’m trepidatious-but the premiere was really good by SNL standards so I’ll wait and see.

5. Bosie says

I’m still amazed that this young girl…let me remind you she’s growing up!! Robin Thicke is more offensive than she is…that rape song is horrible YET we rather go after her BECAUSE some assume since we’re men we can give him a green card and pick on her instead. PEOPLE GET THE FCK OVER IT~ everyone and i mean everyone at a young age do things that seem stupid to older people….yet we did it. idiots. AS FOR her “FAT’ Tongue…thats an idiot post. I’d like to see Towleroad talk about men like that his “Fat” face or his “fat face” . such sexism on here.

6. Bosie says

I’m still amazed that this young girl…let me remind you she’s growing up!! Robin Thicke is more offensive than she is…that rape song is horrible YET we rather go after her BECAUSE some assume since we’re men we can give him a green card and pick on her instead. PEOPLE GET THE FCK OVER IT~ everyone and i mean everyone at a young age did things that seem stupid to older people….yet we did it. idiots. AS FOR her “FAT’ Tongue…thats an idiot post. I’d like to see Towleroad talk about men like that his “Fat” face or his “fat face” . such sexism on here.

7. Adam says

Miley embraces the sleazy straight guy fantasy, not the gay male aesthetic. She has failed to show any male-male sensuality in her videos. She’s like Britney in this regard.

Andy Towle seems to think that we must like women who sexualize themselves and other women in their videos. Why on earth would I, as a gay guy, want to see this?

Andy is losing the plot.

8. Tyler says

Adam seems to think we aren’t all aware of the fact that he’s just another alias of Rick (who also posts under the names Hagatha and Adrenan P). We know the because the only time Adam ever posts comments is when he has an opportunity to post anti-woman or anti-effeminacy sentiments. In fact on some stories three or more of rick’s aliases will post comments with the exact same psychopathic anti-women drivel. Adam/Rick is a sad, deeply disturbed individual who should just be ignored.

9. SpaceCadet says

Thanks for pointing the troll out Tyler! Every time I read one of his comments it’s an automatic eye roll from me. Now I know better and will just skip them over.