Comments

1. johnny says

It’s sort of sad when these old gals simply don’t retire with some class.

Greta Garbo did it the right way and so did Cary Grant. Seems like the stars from later eras want to hold on to something that isn’t really theirs any longer.

2. Mike Ryan says

Is anyone actually watching this show (Latifah?) Her refusal to talk anything personal about herself has alienated her from the majority of viewers. Two shows have already been axed from the Fall lineup (Ironside with Blair Underwood and Welcome To The Family) and it is just a matter of time before Bethany Frankle and Queen Latifah get a thumbs down. Don’t believe those rumors that McCarthy won’t be leaving The View despite their claims otherwise. Like Hecklebeck, she’s been given the axe. The best written new show? Sean Saves The World. You can’t get through the half hour without laughing repeatedly just on the writing alone.

3. UFFDA says

It’s good to see we mostly love her…but this was godawful. The Queen of whatever…future video historians will have to be cringe proof to get through any distant view of how awful hip-hop-street-move-crack-smokin style was back in the 2000 teens. The abscence of class is massive.

4. UFFDA says

5. says

Come on, y’all. It was a joke! A “bit.” A piece of schtick. Like a half-funny Saturday Night Live skit. It wasn’t that great, but people got a chuckle out of it, which was the intention. And looking back over her career, while she’s a genius and one of the greatest musical talents in world history, this really isn’t that much worse than a few of the skits on her 1980s ABC variety show or the entire movie Rhinestone she did with Sylvester Stallone.

6. Zach says

I don’t think Dolly was in on the joke. It looked like she was reading a teleprompter. Her reactions betrayed an unwillingness to sing the lyrics and a general sense of discomfort with what she was doing.

7. Matt27 says

Love Dolly! Relax guys, this was a joke.
    Her body is amazing.
    @Johnny, why should Dolly retire? Her concerts still sell well and she still has her voice and talent to write new music.

8. SeattleMike says

I absolutely adore Dolly Parton, but I just couldn’t watch this. Too awkward, even though she’s definitely in on the joke.

My favorite Dolly Parton line: “I’m not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I’m not dumb… and I also know I’m not blonde.”

9. mdnc says

That was just as bad as Dolly intended it to be. And you know what? She doesn’t give a rats ass what you think. The coolest thing is that in the few words that she actually sang you could hear her angelic voice trying to get out! I love that she can laugh at her self and the whole world too.

10. jamal49 says

Love ya, Dolly. No matter what.

P.S. I like Queen Latifah’s show. But then, I work 3rd shift and there ain’t a whole helluva lot to watch in the morning. Just Queen Latifah and the Winchesters.