Gay Marriage | Joe Rogan | News

BigGayDeal.com

Joe Rogan Rips 'Weak-Ass Bitches' Who Oppose Gay Marriage: VIDEO

Rogan

On his podcast The Joe Rogan Experience, Rogan blasted opponents of same-sex marriage, saying he "can't believe" there are bans against it.

Rogan told a story about being an 11-year-old kid and watching a friend's dad react to a story in the newspaper about gays being allowed to get married. The friend's dad slammed down the paper:

“I was 11, and I was like, what a silly man you are. You’re a grown man and this is something that bothers and concerns you? I remember thinking as an 11-year-old boy, wow, there’s a lot of weak-ass bitches out there posing as men.”

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. What a pile. You know you are a useless relic if you think men need to be strong and that weakness is an insult.

Also this slime ball is a massive transphobic bigot who only came around to being somewhat pro-gay for ratings. He is in no way an ally.

Posted by: Fenrox | Nov 21, 2013 2:20:47 PM

2. I've always known Joe to be pro-gay friendly, wtf you talking about?

Posted by: irma | Nov 21, 2013 2:25:09 PM

3. @fenrox...I think you misunderstood something. He is referring to OPPONENTS of same sex marriage as "weak". Weak is an insult, period. No amount of pseudo politically correct nonsense can change the meaning of the word into a positive. Strength can be physical, mental spiritual or moral...all of them are positive. Many a person who is weak physically has great internal strength, your superficial understanding of the word is intellectually weak. It's reactive people like yourself that damage everyone around them. Those that attack allies because of personal bias, are indeed weak-ass bitches.

Posted by: Chris | Nov 21, 2013 2:32:19 PM

4. I agree, this is not the first time Joe has voiced pro gay support. Very supportive guy who is not afraid to question what is considered to be the norm.

Posted by: Rob | Nov 21, 2013 2:39:59 PM

5. The only way to maintain the true idea of marriage is to first make divorce illegal..
    Straights that continue to marry and divorce are the ones that make marriage a joke.
    Like adoption gays have had to spend a considerable amount of time and energy considering if its something they truly want...not on a whim like so many Las Vegas tourists driving thru.

Posted by: darren | Nov 21, 2013 2:44:10 PM

6. Fenrox is speaking about his comments about Fallon Fox & the UFC.

Posted by: Belthazar | Nov 21, 2013 2:45:58 PM

7. Did Joe Rogan himself share this story himself or was it a guest on his show? Joe is 46 years old and would have been 11 years old in 1978. What newspapers would have had stories about gay men being allowed to marry in 1978?

Posted by: Ready | Nov 21, 2013 3:00:15 PM

8. He may not be a homophobe but he is racist. It's why he faded into obscurity.

Posted by: Sam | Nov 21, 2013 3:04:47 PM

9. Rogen used to do an incredibly offensive routine about "Brokeback Mountain" and how funny it was to him, including Jake Gyllenhaal being beaten to death. I know he's got a body and ass like a god, but I no longer find him endearing or attractive.

Posted by: Dback | Nov 21, 2013 3:11:58 PM

10. Joe doesn't understand. Masculinity is brittle and delicate and has to be protected with arms and loud noises or manhood will crumple and wash away. Sex roles are essential to the delicate edifice of manhood; without sex roles men would think they were women because they are easily confused.

Posted by: Glenn I | Nov 21, 2013 3:13:18 PM

11. Just goes to show that supporting marriage equality doesn't mean you aren't an ignorant pig.

Posted by: JMC | Nov 21, 2013 3:20:12 PM

12. surprising.. never thought he was gay friendly. maybe i stereotyped him or something.

Posted by: NE1 | Nov 21, 2013 3:21:01 PM

13. We do need to allow for people to change their minds, but he did do some pretty offensive stuff in his stand up:

Posted by: Seattle Mike | Nov 21, 2013 3:51:37 PM

14. @Chris, sure, whatever. I am not going to expand your mind, so shush.

Posted by: Fenrox | Nov 21, 2013 4:45:47 PM

15. Joe Rogan is one of those types who is legitimately pro-gay but also isn't above using homosexuality as a means to insult. He's always been pretty outspoken regarding gay rights in a positive way.

Posted by: Francis | Nov 21, 2013 5:15:14 PM

16. Joe is a crude guy but he isn't a bigot.

Posted by: Francis | Nov 21, 2013 5:16:10 PM

17. I have mixed emotions about this. I know on one hand that Rogan has been extremely homophobic in the past. I also know that he's smart enough to change his ways and his mind and might be an ally going forward.

Jury is still out.

Posted by: johnny | Nov 21, 2013 5:28:03 PM

18. Thanks for the like SeattleMike. His bit about Brokeback Mountain is homophobic, douchey, and worst of all, not very funny. I actually think there might have been very circumspect discussion of gay marriage in the media in the late 70s, but I find it totally unbelievable that an 11 year old of his socioeconomic background would have taken a stand against it.
    Still, I'm glad that he's gotten with the program. I think most authentically heterosexual men in the West have realized that homophobia is paper tiger constructed by Abrahamic religion, mainly, and that barring religio-cultural indoctrination, the only reason a person would be virulently anti-gay would be to suppress their own unwanted urges.

Posted by: EchtKultig | Nov 21, 2013 5:29:02 PM

19. What newspaper was printing articles about gay people getting married 35 years ago? Nice sentiment but the story seems false.

Posted by: Sean | Nov 21, 2013 5:45:14 PM

20. Lets see, 35 years ago a dumb b!tch named Anita Bryant was tearing up south Florida all about perverts. That was code for teh gay, back in the day.

Bet that's what he was talking about. But I doubt this bald headed dufus said a damn thing about it one way or the other. He's so full of crap his hair fell out.

Posted by: Hisurfadvisory | Nov 22, 2013 12:06:23 AM

21. To those offended by hit stand-up, keep in mind he wasn't giving a lecture. He was making jokes. I'm gay and I adore his material, especially the gay and bisexual stuff.

Posted by: Bryan Leger | Nov 22, 2013 10:17:54 AM