Comments

1. Fenrox says

What a pile. You know you are a useless relic if you think men need to be strong and that weakness is an insult.

Also this slime ball is a massive transphobic bigot who only came around to being somewhat pro-gay for ratings. He is in no way an ally.

2. Chris says

@fenrox…I think you misunderstood something. He is referring to OPPONENTS of same sex marriage as “weak”. Weak is an insult, period. No amount of pseudo politically correct nonsense can change the meaning of the word into a positive. Strength can be physical, mental spiritual or moral…all of them are positive. Many a person who is weak physically has great internal strength, your superficial understanding of the word is intellectually weak. It’s reactive people like yourself that damage everyone around them. Those that attack allies because of personal bias, are indeed weak-ass bitches.

3. Rob says

I agree, this is not the first time Joe has voiced pro gay support. Very supportive guy who is not afraid to question what is considered to be the norm.

4. darren says

The only way to maintain the true idea of marriage is to first make divorce illegal..
    Straights that continue to marry and divorce are the ones that make marriage a joke.
    Like adoption gays have had to spend a considerable amount of time and energy considering if its something they truly want…not on a whim like so many Las Vegas tourists driving thru.

5. Ready says

Did Joe Rogan himself share this story himself or was it a guest on his show? Joe is 46 years old and would have been 11 years old in 1978. What newspapers would have had stories about gay men being allowed to marry in 1978?

6. Dback says

Rogen used to do an incredibly offensive routine about “Brokeback Mountain” and how funny it was to him, including Jake Gyllenhaal being beaten to death. I know he’s got a body and ass like a god, but I no longer find him endearing or attractive.

7. says

Joe doesn’t understand. Masculinity is brittle and delicate and has to be protected with arms and loud noises or manhood will crumple and wash away. Sex roles are essential to the delicate edifice of manhood; without sex roles men would think they were women because they are easily confused.

8. Seattle Mike says

We do need to allow for people to change their minds, but he did do some pretty offensive stuff in his stand up:

9. Francis says

Joe Rogan is one of those types who is legitimately pro-gay but also isn’t above using homosexuality as a means to insult. He’s always been pretty outspoken regarding gay rights in a positive way.

10. johnny says

I have mixed emotions about this. I know on one hand that Rogan has been extremely homophobic in the past. I also know that he’s smart enough to change his ways and his mind and might be an ally going forward.

Jury is still out.

11. EchtKultig says

Thanks for the like SeattleMike. His bit about Brokeback Mountain is homophobic, douchey, and worst of all, not very funny. I actually think there might have been very circumspect discussion of gay marriage in the media in the late 70s, but I find it totally unbelievable that an 11 year old of his socioeconomic background would have taken a stand against it.
    Still, I’m glad that he’s gotten with the program. I think most authentically heterosexual men in the West have realized that homophobia is paper tiger constructed by Abrahamic religion, mainly, and that barring religio-cultural indoctrination, the only reason a person would be virulently anti-gay would be to suppress their own unwanted urges.

12. Sean says

What newspaper was printing articles about gay people getting married 35 years ago? Nice sentiment but the story seems false.

13. Hisurfadvisory says

Lets see, 35 years ago a dumb b!tch named Anita Bryant was tearing up south Florida all about perverts. That was code for teh gay, back in the day.

Bet that’s what he was talking about. But I doubt this bald headed dufus said a damn thing about it one way or the other. He’s so full of crap his hair fell out.

14. Bryan Leger says

To those offended by hit stand-up, keep in mind he wasn’t giving a lecture. He was making jokes. I’m gay and I adore his material, especially the gay and bisexual stuff.