ACLU | Macklemore | News

Macklemore Carries the Only Card That 'Lets His Gay Friends Marry the Hell Out of Each Other': VIDEO

Macklemore

If only it were that simple.

Watch Macklemore pitch for the ACLU, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via jmg)

Comments

1. Yeah, you're wearing thin Macklemore, you should get your follow up album ready.

Posted by: Fenrox | Nov 12, 2013 1:11:39 PM

2. I love this man!

@FENROX -- When's your next album coming out?

Posted by: Gigi | Nov 12, 2013 1:22:15 PM

3. Real power doesn't come from feeding lawyers but from guns. So get an NRA membership card and a gun.

Posted by: Kev C | Nov 12, 2013 1:26:29 PM

4. Ugh. You guys are the worst.

Posted by: Mikey | Nov 12, 2013 1:28:41 PM

5. He's super kawaii ^^

Posted by: perry | Nov 12, 2013 1:46:28 PM

6. y'know, every time I hear "Same Love" on the radio I can't help but think how wonderful it would have been to have heard a song like that when I was a child. Kudos, Sir, for spreading love all over the world. It's greatly appreciated.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Nov 12, 2013 1:47:27 PM

7. Since Edie Windsor was represented by the ACLU, he's absolutely right. Anyone who cares about gay equality should be pitching for them.

Posted by: Ernie | Nov 12, 2013 2:04:32 PM

8. I second Mr. Little Kiwi.

Yes, imagine hearing anyone speak up for us as we grew up.
    Imagine if our love had been respected, or that we could even be seen in public ?
    That was just light years away for me and others. It would have been a different world if we had Macklemores.
    And was it Stonewall, or a plague or ACT UP, or all of us coming OUT with heads held high, and not taking the $h1t anymore, that begun the change ? It's not over, Macklemore makes that loud and clear.

@ FENROX : "He's wearing thin"....ha ha ha.

Thin, popular, unpopular,.....I'm truly grateful to have him on my side. My side needs him now, we always needed him.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Nov 12, 2013 2:09:11 PM

9. Eminem who???

Posted by: chadSF | Nov 12, 2013 2:33:42 PM

10. Guys, shut up a second and read, I want his next album to come out, IE I like him.

Also GIGI, where is your paper on soil density? Don't you have one? Surely I can demand that any and all people can fill any role at any time, right?

Posted by: Fenrox | Nov 12, 2013 2:55:10 PM

11. Fenrox, grow up, seriously. Who cares what you want, or when you want it? If he never makes music again, and becomes a full time activist, that's his business. He doesn't owe you a damned thing.

Posted by: Joey Y | Nov 12, 2013 2:57:25 PM

12. @Joey, What the hell are you talking about, the comment section is exactly for expressing stupid comments. I'm confused by what you want, if I stopped my comments you would have no reason to be on here. Also pick your damn battles, I am light-years away from the horrible scum commentators here. I am a grumpy, bitter guy, that's all.

Posted by: Fenrox | Nov 12, 2013 3:17:33 PM

13. I also want George RR Martin to get to work on his next book, want o chew me out for that?

Posted by: Fenrox | Nov 12, 2013 3:18:24 PM

14. Most gay men don't want to marry. They want to be footloose and fancy-free.Www

Posted by: ASam | Nov 12, 2013 3:19:37 PM

15. It doesn't matter if "most gay men don't want to marry". As long as we have the OPTION to marry, live in the suburbs, adopt a child, join the community PTA, assimilate into Normalville (if that's your thing), then it's all good.

I really wish I'd had the option of dating guys in high school, just casual dating like straight kids do. Pizza, movie, coffee, whatever. That's a learning experience I never got.

Posted by: will | Nov 12, 2013 4:11:41 PM

16. I often think that this site must be full of conservative trolls because I really cant imagine why gay people would talk this way to each other. I know we're all anonymous here, but youre still talking to a human being.

Posted by: JWL | Nov 12, 2013 4:29:24 PM

17. JWL, it's actually just one or two trolls posting under several usernames that gives you that impression. For the most part, commenters on this site are sane and equality-minded. But the trolls insist on ruining everything. It's a shame. I take solace in the fact that when the sites biggest troll, Rick, seen in this thread as Asam, dies he will do so alone and without ever knowing love or happiness. Tortured soul, that one.

Posted by: Tyler | Nov 12, 2013 4:40:05 PM

18. love him

Posted by: reality | Nov 12, 2013 5:04:56 PM

19. I love this guy.

Posted by: randy | Nov 12, 2013 11:18:30 PM

20. His uncles must be so damn proud of him.

Posted by: David | Nov 13, 2013 12:31:01 PM

21. Macklemore is great, and I credit his uncles and the rest of his family for helping to take him along the right path from the sound of it. I'm amazed that even the most positive and least offensive stuff on here somehow incites ugliness from some people.

BTW: Not sure what the guns and NRA comment is about, but the lawyers *are* the ones with the power. No state has arrived at equality without lawyers at work. It's either state legislators who are pro-equality (and almost always lawyers, or use lawyers to draft legislation), or judges who hear appeals regarding the constitutionality of bans/restrictions on marriage/adoption. Keep your guns--in the U.S. if I want to push for change I'll make nice with the lawyers.

Posted by: Daniel | Nov 13, 2013 4:09:08 PM

22. I totally dig Macklemore. But isn't the ACLU still employing that scumbag Jimmy LaSalvia? If so, no more money from me until he goes away.

Posted by: Douglas | Nov 13, 2013 7:13:55 PM