Comments

1. Mike says

Oh for the days when the US government was there to protect against foreign invasion. As a physician I have to laugh when this asshat thinks he can decree to an insurance company that they will or will not cover TriSprintec. Well they’re sure giving you a big F-U with your ratings now at Katrina/Bush levels and over 50 percent polled thinking you a blatant liar.
    Get out of the insurance industry you idiot.

Don’t you love the Republicans today sending a letter “Don’t even TRY to quietly exempt the AFL CIO from this crap.”

2. Ted B. (Charging Rhino) says

Err, while this is an interesting stop-gap…where does he have the legal authority to make this change? The changes required by the ACA have already been approved at the State-level, is Pres. Obama proposing forced-Federalizing of the role of the States to regulate insurance?

Executive Orders and Presidential-fiat has it’s limits…it called the US Constitution and the rule of law.

3. Ted B. (Charging Rhino) says

4. Randy says

Mike, I’m so glad you’re not my physician. There ought to be government health insurance as an option, or like in Canada and the UK, as the norm for everyone.

“protect against foreign invasion”

Really? From who?

5. NYCer says

I’ve been communicating with Medicare for months trying to sort out something for my dad, and the level of sheer incompetence is astounding. I’ve never been so frustrated in my life. While I believe all people should have some access to healthcare, my interactions with the government make me VERY, very worried. It’s been such a bureaucratic nightmare dealing with this people, that I am ALWAYS left wondering how these morons have a job? And nothing has comforted me that Obamacare will be any better. I seriously worried for the future.

6. JMC says

Jim Bryant: Hopefully by the time of the next election all of the catastrophic failures of the Obamacare rollout will be smoothed out and the focus will have moved towards all of the good healthcare reform is doing for people rather than its terrible first few months.

7. says

The Affordable Care Act will undermine Democrats running for reelection in the 2014 mid-terms.

My fear is, the anger Americans have at this president will translate to the 2016 presidential election and help elect NJ Gov. Krispie Kreme.

For a man as smart as Barack Obama, he sure has managed to screw up what should’ve been a positive thing for America’s 42 million uninsured.

8. anon says

This was not a bill that anyone really wanted, it was just the bill that anyone could pass. What is wrong with free clinics (to avoid the whole issue of standard care through emergency rooms) and subsidized insurance? When states mandate you buy car insurance, it’s generally assumed that poor people will buy cheap cars and get cheap insurance, and there are no subsides. It’s not directly comparable to medicine, where “cheap” doesn’t have the same ring to it.

9. simon says

Obamacare was there before Obama’s reelection. It didn’t hurt him one bit. A small fraction of people got their insurance cancelled was over-exaggerated mostly by the tea party nuts. Most people are unaffected. I am one of them.
    That it will play a role in coming elections is just wishful thinking.