Josh Hutcherson | Kate McKinnon | News | SNL | The Hunger Games

SNL and Josh Hutcherson Spoof 'The Hunger Games': VIDEO

Snl_hutcherson

Kate McKinnon served up some Effie Trinket in Josh Hutcherson's opening monologue on SNL last night, in which cast members names were drawn out of a bowl in order that they fight to the death.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. He's so.....compact. I think he's hot.

Posted by: Wisebear | Nov 24, 2013 10:37:25 AM

2. Compact and cute and with a very nice c*ck, if those pics are really of him. TERRIBLY episode last night, though.

Posted by: DrJWL | Nov 24, 2013 10:49:24 AM

3. it was a lot of not funny last night for me. i changed the channel multiple times and kept going back hoping the next skit would get me to laugh. mostly nope.

the outfield/your love skit was the best thing i came away with.

oh well, the last few new episodes before this were better than i was expecting so maybe next week.

Posted by: av control | Nov 24, 2013 11:22:48 AM

4. snl if falling fast. in the past, it's steadied itself before hitting bottom, but i'm worried for the first time. if it doesn't self-correct soon, this is the beginning of the end.

with bad writing, cute guys only help if they're shirtless...

Posted by: northalabama | Nov 24, 2013 12:01:17 PM

5. Was that high school or what?

Posted by: Blip | Nov 24, 2013 1:10:37 PM

6. Yes, the Your Love skit was best, but Girlfriends Talk Show was enjoyable, as was the Animal Hospital. I dunno, maybe I'm super forgiving, but I rarely hate an episode. It's my DVR'd thing to watch on Sunday mornings.

As for "snl sucks", "snl is on its last leg", etc., people say this every week, every season. i don't think it's going anywhere.

Posted by: Mike | Nov 24, 2013 2:46:13 PM

7. I just watched it online and laughed out loud at my computer a bunch of times. The news and baby boss and subway "entertainer" skits were also hilarious. The bug interview was not great but that guy did really funny videos before SNL and maybe they he or they will figure out how to use him better.

If naysayers watched some SNL from the glory days of their youth when they thought it was so great they would probably find it was pretty lame then too. Also to a great degree it has always been topical and of the moment and that doesn't have a long shelf life.

Posted by: emjayay | Nov 24, 2013 5:26:43 PM

8. i've been an snl viewer since the original cast, and imo this is not the worst group, by far. this season's been a lot better than i thought it would be with so many changes.

i just didn't like the show last night.

i'm looking forward to seeing how some of the cast members develop. for instance, kyle mooney. he does a series of commericals for comcast/xfinity ( not my favorite company ) the one with the nascar driver cracks me up every time, and they show it multiple times a day. ( but the mindy commercial i don't like so much. ) hope he develops on the show.

and i think snl will be around for awhile longer.

Posted by: av control | Nov 24, 2013 6:51:31 PM

9. Kate McKinnon is great.

Josh Hutcherson is very cute. A little pocket twink.

Posted by: db | Nov 25, 2013 12:01:40 PM

10. I can't even handle how freakin cute he is. He's like the most adorable little McNugget ever. And he speaks out for pitbulls and LGBT people. Me happy :) more plz

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 25, 2013 12:20:20 PM