Colorado | Education | News | Transgender

CO School Board Member Wants Transgender Kids Castrated Before They Can Use Bathrooms: VIDEO

Svenson

Katherine Svenson, a school board member in Delta County, Colorado, is making headlines for statements she made at a board meeting demanding that transgender students be castrated before they are allowed to use the women's bathroom, KREX reports:

"One of the board members said that she had gotten comments from my district, that the people are very unhappy with me commenting, they're very abashed about what I said," Svenson said.

Svenson passed out an issue of the Education Reporter during the October meeting, and said: "I would like to pass out something that shows people what is going on in the rest of the country. Massachusetts and California have passed laws relating to calling a student, irrespective of his biological gender, letting him perform as the gender he thinks he is, or she is. I just want to emphasize, not in this district. Not until the plumbing's changed. There would have to be castration in order to pass something like that around here."

She stands firmly by her statements.  "I don't have a problem if some boys think they are girls, I'm just saying as long as they can impregnate a woman, they're not going to go in girls locker-room," said Svenson. She says she brought the issue up in order for other board members to be aware of the issues that could be coming to Colorado very soon.

Watch KREX's report, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Yes, and Ms Svenson should be beheaded if she is to continue as a school board member in Delta County.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Nov 25, 2013 1:18:45 PM

2. There's an old biddy who won't be missed when she finally croaks. She's so proud of her ignorance.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 25, 2013 1:26:36 PM

3. Pathetic old crone.
    Has she been recently released ?

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Nov 25, 2013 1:34:26 PM

4. Kathy Svenson (2015)
    Kathy Svenson was elected to the Board in 2011 from Delta District 1 for a 4-year term. Kathy has been widowed twice (both from cancer) and feels that she has perhaps acquired enough wisdom in her 71 years to help guide the community. After three years at the University of Colorado, she was excused after having lost interest when an Education professor agreed with her that the course he was teaching - Psychology of Education - "went against all common sense!"

From that time on, she let life educate her. She had already entered the workforce at age 16 as a trained Nurse Aide. After university, she learned several other technical skills - welding, care for mentally challenged, billboard sign painting and horsemanship. But it was during waitressing where she met her husband (a WWII P-40 pilot, self-taught from 5th Grade). He taught her to fly and build light aircraft. In 40 years together, they designed and built several experimental aircrafts, eight homes and an Olympic-sized covered riding arena with their own hands. They incorporated both solar and wind power, animal husbandry, gardening, etc., while living off-the-land.

At the same time, Kathy home-schooled their only daughter seven of her first eight years. Leanna became an acclaimed artist, horse riding/training champion and has gone on to be awarded both Master's and Doctorate degrees. Fifteen years ago, she founded and now directs an ongoing Christian ministry in North India (TellASIA) where she established a 30-child children's home while also teaching leadership skills to indigenous Christians who have planted thousands of village churches! She is currently funding education to 23,000 children and has purchased acreage to build 100-child children’s home and a school for 400!

Kathy enjoys volunteer teaching in the Delta community - Basic Plumbing to House of Promise girls, Royal Rangers at church, Reality Ranch Bible Camp, Vacation Liberty School, a substitute for Sunday School classes, helped at the Dream Catchers Handicapped Riding facility, Vision approved for Beginning Riding and now also teaches sewing.

Kathy is proud of the influence that she had on her daughter's life and education, and looks forward to begin enabling other children to become leaders.

Phone: 970-874-1617
    E-mail: kathy@tellASIA.org

Posted by: dave02657 | Nov 25, 2013 1:44:34 PM

5. Okay, so the MTF are castrated. What happens to the FTM?

Posted by: Clayton | Nov 25, 2013 1:45:33 PM

6. Must we report on every single redneck biddy with something awful to say

Posted by: David in NYC | Nov 25, 2013 1:56:00 PM

7. Little Kiwi - We could say the same about your mom!

Clayton - That's a much simpler problem to solve. Just remove the plastic tube that the FTM pretends is a wiener. And remember to recycle!

Posted by: LikeButtah | Nov 25, 2013 1:57:06 PM

8. DAVEE026657,

thank you for giving us biography of Ms Svenson, and all of her wonderful accomplishments. But Miss Crazy B.tch is talking about castrating gender role non-conforming little children.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Nov 25, 2013 2:00:39 PM

9. In theory, the MTF transgendered would only be too happy to comply, but then why does her proposal sound so cruel? There are no easy answers.

Posted by: anon | Nov 25, 2013 2:02:30 PM

10. Well that school board needs a new member. To the trolls: Please defend and support this woman by saying your crazy crap in the comments. It's helpful for the rest of us to ignore you as the troll you are. Believing that kids could enter a situation where castration is possible is the sign of a defective person that should not be listen to, just pitied.

Posted by: Fenrox | Nov 25, 2013 2:06:23 PM

11. I can't decide if BARBARIC or IGNORAMUS is the best word here...

Posted by: Pdxblueyes | Nov 25, 2013 2:17:06 PM

12. I think my favorite nugget in the bio of this nut job is the pride she takes in having failed university, marrying a grammar-school dropout and home-schooling her child.
    Exactly what were her motivations for joining a public school board? And what kind of idiots would have voted for her?
    Just hilarious!

Posted by: Wavin' Dave | Nov 25, 2013 2:33:35 PM

13. Fenrox, no need to get your tuck in a twist. I think people were just pointing out the irony of trans activists opposing castration.

Posted by: SteveB | Nov 25, 2013 2:34:57 PM

14. She looks pretty dried up to me. Her brain must have atrophied as well.

Posted by: Jack M | Nov 25, 2013 2:38:37 PM

15. @DAVID IN NYC: Yes, we must.

Posted by: jamal49 | Nov 25, 2013 2:51:07 PM

16. Seriously, is that her horse in the background ?
    And is it being maltreated by starvation ?
    Where's the grass and where's the feed ?
    ---------------------------------------
    She teaches to "Reality Ranch Bible Camp".....
    and Basic Plumbing to "House of Promise Girls".
    I don't even know where to begin.
    Can this be meant to be serious ?
    Was it written as an April Fool's Joke
    Is there any wonder why we foreigners laugh at such delusional self absorption ?
    BTW, 71 years does not bring wisdom.

"Do not let me hear of the wisdom of old men, but rather of their folly....."
    Thank you once again TS Eliot.....a great American.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Nov 25, 2013 3:09:50 PM

17. I like the idea of lopping of her head. I mean the way to resolve conflict with a persons body part, at least to her, is to remove it completely. She says she cares about children, just not transgendered. Children's genitals are a problem for her so she suggests lopping them off to resolve the problem. Her mouth is a problem so remove the head and problem solved.

Posted by: CW | Nov 25, 2013 3:25:37 PM

18. Steveb: only a fool would be incapable of distinct finishing between forced castration and providing the option of gender reassignment surgery to adults who desire it.

Posted by: Thedrdonna | Nov 25, 2013 3:27:40 PM

19. "Distinct finishing"="distinguishing"

Dumb iphone autocorrect.

Posted by: Thedrdonna | Nov 25, 2013 3:28:24 PM

20. @Steveb, You know what I love about trans activists? They are SO reviled and SO hated by you and your ilk over 2 core issues:

You find them "ungrateful" and you find them "ugly". SO being ungrateful and ugly renders them "the enemy" equal to any anti-gay monster.

Seriously, your only complaints have ever been about some trans activists glitter bombing some people, BECAUSE THAT IS THE WORST THING TRANS ACTIVISTS HAVE EVER DONE.

Holy crap man, get your freaking head straight! You know there are real people for you to hate and freak out about. The ego on you.

Posted by: Fenrox | Nov 25, 2013 3:43:36 PM

21. ... because someone seeing you naked is worse that cutting the testicles off a child.

Posted by: woody | Nov 25, 2013 3:47:41 PM

22. Standing up to ruthless and tragic Trans activists is exactly what we as empowered gay men should be doing more often. LGBT is a myth promoted by deluded, liberal progressives who don't actually care about the opinions if their straight peers.

Posted by: Rick | Nov 25, 2013 4:04:51 PM

23. @rick? How are they ruthless? Does glitter melt skin or something?

Posted by: Fenrox | Nov 25, 2013 4:16:21 PM

24. From the sound of it, someone surgically removed her brain.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Nov 25, 2013 4:16:51 PM

25. Unfortunately, I'm not an empowered gay man. I am indeed the sniveling wimp my father always knew me to be. That's why I come here every day and make hateful comments from a place of cowardly anonymity. I get so furious when I see straight people standing up for trans people, because my family never accepted me as a gay man, and that's just not fair. My family, you see, does not love me, and never has. And I hate reading stories about liberals who love transgendered people, and parents supporting their "gender-nonconforming" children. Don't you see how unfair it is that those trans-kids are being welcomed and accepted and I as a gay man have never once been shown love or affection by my own family? I don't even have any friends. At all.

I'd post a link to who I am as a strong man in order to finally shut my detractors up - but I can't because I'm just what everyone knows that I am - a pathetic wimpy coward of a man, lacking in masculinity, class, good looks, and anything resembling a pair of testicles.

Posted by: Rick | Nov 25, 2013 4:17:41 PM