On May 6, 2014, AMC theaters across the U.S. will be showing a one-time screening of Focus On The Family's Irreplaceable as a part of their Fathom Events program. The documentary film follows one man who believes in traditional marriage and family as he consults with various "experts" - like anti-gay Rabbi Shmuel Goldin, ex-gay advocate Dr. Miriam Grossman, and Prop 8 supporter Michael Medved - to determine if his traditional marriage is "meaningful or outdated."
Coming from an independent film maker, there are a wealth of interesting opinions and issues to be explored on the topic of marriage, relationships, and family. However, since it's coming from the group that:
- Claims gay marriage will "humiliate" children
- Former members admit to doing harm because of FOTF
- Claims to be victims of gay bullying
- Started the "Day of Discussion" to protest equality-focused "Day of Silence"
- Tried to legalize anti-gay discrimination
...it's probably safe to assume that the man's findings will be less than balanced, or even honest.