David Barton | Glenn Beck | Looking

Anti-Gay Pastor's Column Located Next To Video Of Men Making Out

Beck

Anti-gay fundamentalist David Barton — a man who thinks the government should "regulate homosexuality" or else the nation will be brought to its knees — might be interested to know that his most recent column on Glenn Beck's website The Blaze has a video ad of two men kissing right next to it. The video, of course, is for HBO's new gay drama Looking.

Plus, Pastor Barton recommended Ben Hur as one of his fave holiday reads?! Isn't Ben Hur a little gay

Image via Jezebel.

Comments

1. You do realize that those ads are tailored specifically for you, right? Although, I still wonder how so many Romney ads ended up on my view of Towleroad in 2012.

Posted by: Mawm | Dec 31, 2013 2:45:22 PM

2. And its interesting how fast information is gathered and shared for these ads. I bought a tub from home depot and about 5 minutes later I was reading articles on various sites and nothing but home depot tub ads were coming through.
    I still don't understand why they insist on advertising for something I have already purchased.

Posted by: Mawm | Dec 31, 2013 2:47:43 PM

3. Barton recommends Wallace's novel Ben Hur, published in 1880. The linked article from the Advocate is about the gay subtext introduced into the screenplay for the 1959 film adaptation of the novel by Gore Vidal. It says nothing about the novel being gay.

Posted by: borut | Dec 31, 2013 3:33:46 PM

4. Pastor Barton could never, ever be accused of being very bright. He aspires to being "stupid" one day - but that's a long way off, and frankly, just unrealistic.

Posted by: Geoff | Dec 31, 2013 4:31:12 PM

5. Facebook would- and did-delete a picture of two men kissing.

Posted by: Ken | Dec 31, 2013 4:52:09 PM

6. I find it difficult to believe that anybody who would seriously devote even a moment to Glenn Beck reads books.

Posted by: Jim | Dec 31, 2013 4:56:20 PM

7. I understand why casual users might not know that ads are customized using their browser history. But, what baffles me is that the person working for Jezebel didn't know, since that site is using targeted ads.

Posted by: alex | Dec 31, 2013 5:59:12 PM

8. I understand why casual users might not know that ads are customized using their browser history. But, what baffles me is that the person working for Jezebel didn't know, since that site is using targeted ads.

Posted by: alex | Dec 31, 2013 5:59:13 PM

9. I was getting ads asking me to support the Duck Dynasty bigot, here on Towleroad. I have a screen shot of it.

Posted by: Benny Lava | Jan 1, 2014 4:31:20 AM

10. OMG.
    "You do realize that those ads are tailored specifically for you, right? Although, I still wonder how so many Romney ads ended up on my view of Towleroad in 2012.

Posted by: Mawm | Dec 31, 2013 2:45:22 PM"

Yeahhh...this is about the dumbest post I've ever seen at Towleroad. Learn how the freakin internet works before you post about it.

Posted by: EchtKultig | Jan 1, 2014 2:26:08 PM