Beyoncé | Music | Music Video | News

BigGayDeal.com

Beyoncé Releases Surprise Album with 17 Videos; Preview Them All HERE

Beyonce

Beyoncé dropped a surprise fifth studio album last night with 17 tracks and videos for each directed by the likes of Jonas Akerlund, Terry Richardson, Malina Matsoukas, Jake Nava and Hype Williams. On the album she also collaborates with Jay Z, Frank Ocean, Drake, and Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.

She announced the release on Instagram (see below), calling it a "visual album".

Said Beyoncé:

“I see music. It’s more than just what I hear. When I’m connected to something, I immediately see a visual or a series of images that are tied to a feeling or an emotion, a memory from my childhood, thoughts about life, my dreams or my fantasies. And they’re all connected to the music. I didn’t want to release my music the way I’ve done it. I am bored with that. I feel like I am able to speak directly to my fans. There’s so much that gets between the music, the artist and the fans. I felt like I didn’t want anybody to give the message when my record is coming out. I just want this to come out when it’s ready and from me to my fans.”

Watch the announcement below and 17 preview clips of all the videos, AFTER THE JUMP...

"Blue"

"Heaven"

"Haunted"

"Grown Woman"

"Ghost"

"XO"

"Yoncé"

Comments

1. Beyonce is a narcissist

Posted by: ASamb | Dec 13, 2013 7:58:17 AM

2. Oh Lord...why couldn't it have been her instead of Whitney?

Posted by: Derrick From Philly | Dec 13, 2013 8:06:51 AM

3. Also, can Andy Towle please start supporting gay male acts rather than corporate females with wealthy rapper husbands?

Also, don't forget that Beyonce reportedly accepted money from the homophobic Gaddafi family.

Posted by: ASamb | Dec 13, 2013 8:10:17 AM

4. I don't get it - she released a damn album...people are acting as though she cured cancer.

Posted by: Steve | Dec 13, 2013 8:22:38 AM

5. all this hard work and effort, and she simply forgot to retouch her roots...

watched the "haunted" video this morning, and while it is totally Beyonce doing Gaga doing Madonna doing Dietrich, I have to say that she's done it well, and as always, the sound is good and seems fresh... I'm not a big fan of her at all, but all I can say is that she has a great team behind her that makes great decisions (this is not a put down)... Gaga's team shitted on the fan last time, Madonna's wasn't too far behind...

Posted by: V-8 | Dec 13, 2013 9:03:18 AM

6. Wow, the bitches are out in full force this morning. Maybe some Xanax with your coffee, boys.

Posted by: Mikey | Dec 13, 2013 9:12:33 AM

7. And the whingers are off... Jesus. This is pretty cool. Dropping an album of 14 videos with no warning. I'll probably buy it. I like what I see/hear so far.

Posted by: Jack Ford | Dec 13, 2013 9:15:23 AM

8. And the whingers are off... Jesus. This is pretty cool. Dropping an album of 14 videos with no warning. I'll probably buy it. I like what I see/hear so far.

Posted by: Jack Ford | Dec 13, 2013 9:15:24 AM

9. bought it and love it been listening all night drunk in love is crazy in love but just insane

Posted by: Patrickp | Dec 13, 2013 9:27:18 AM

10. Um...the reason Beyoncé is still around and not Whitney is because Whitney was a chain smoking junkie who apparently couldn't breathe under water.

Posted by: Steven | Dec 13, 2013 9:33:13 AM

11. Visually much more interesting than the actual music. I didn't hear one song I would want to listen to again. And enough with the twerking already.

Posted by: Rolf | Dec 13, 2013 9:33:45 AM

12. First let me state that I am a fan of B and have seen two of her tours. While I like a few of these songs, I find several of the videos are similar in look and feel to what her younger sister, Solange, has done. And the video for "Haunted" is totally "Justify My Love" in colour. Haven't these wannabe's figured out that copying the Queen is reductive. LOL... seriously though, I'll give her props for a new concept having an entire album of videos dropped at once. It's pretty audacious. I wonder which of these songs will end up being the standouts.

Posted by: graphicjack | Dec 13, 2013 10:40:01 AM

13. First let me state that I am a fan of B and have seen two of her tours. While I like a few of these songs, I find several of the videos are similar in look and feel to what her younger sister, Solange, has done. And the video for "Haunted" is totally "Justify My Love" in colour. Haven't these wannabe's figured out that copying the Queen is reductive. LOL... seriously though, I'll give her props for a new concept having an entire album of videos dropped at once. It's pretty audacious. I wonder which of these songs will end up being the standouts.

Posted by: graphicjack | Dec 13, 2013 10:40:10 AM

14. First let me state that I am a fan of B and have seen two of her tours. While I like a few of these songs, I find several of the videos are similar in look and feel to what her younger sister, Solange, has done. And the video for "Haunted" is totally "Justify My Love" in colour. Haven't these wannabe's figured out that copying the Queen is reductive. LOL... seriously though, I'll give her props for a new concept having an entire album of videos dropped at once. It's pretty audacious. I wonder which of these songs will end up being the standouts.

Posted by: graphicjack | Dec 13, 2013 10:40:16 AM

15. So many crabbies today....jeez. Was totally thrilled to get this surprise last night and listened and watched the entire album. It is great! Not stellar....not life changing...but I really am loving it.

Posted by: C.J. | Dec 13, 2013 10:44:34 AM

16. CJ, it's really just one crab, our resident troll. AsamB used to just be Asam, but Rick changed it because he thought he could slip his trolling in a little easier that way, and that it would take longer for us to catch on. However, his rants are so similar and misogynistic that they could really only come from one demented soul.

Nice try, Rick.

I'm really diggin' Beyoncé's new material. Except the Pretty Hurts video is kind of a Marina and the Diamonds rip off. But otherwise I'm very pleased.

Posted by: Tyler | Dec 13, 2013 11:15:46 AM

17. CJ, it's really just one crab, our resident troll. AsamB used to just be Asam, but Rick changed it because he thought he could slip his trolling in a little easier that way, and that it would take longer for us to catch on. However, his rants are so similar and misogynistic that they could really only come from one demented soul.

Nice try, Rick.

Posted by: Tyler | Dec 13, 2013 11:15:58 AM

18. Um, have some of you not mastered the ability to post just once? Duh.

Posted by: Sean Maloney | Dec 13, 2013 12:11:08 PM

19. Rick, you Prick...no, you're not that enticing....just Rick.

I like Beyonce, and I loved Whitney.

Why don't you use your own posting name to comment hateful sh.t? You aint got the guts, do ya'?

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Dec 13, 2013 1:47:29 PM

20. I love how stupid these "content police" commenters make themselves sound. Save us all the work...

Anyway, I'll likely not watch the videos, but the idea of a surprise album is pretty bad ass. Props.

Posted by: John | Dec 13, 2013 5:56:40 PM

21. She has a great voice and is of course stunning to look at. It's just that the point of every video seems merciless hammer the point that she is sexy. I don't see any narratives or stories being told and isn't that the point of music videos, to tell stories or have they devolved long ago into pure vanity?

Not sure if I need xanax with my coffee, but if you offer it I'll take it :D

Posted by: Ulu | Dec 13, 2013 7:43:31 PM

22. I was hoping "La Fway" would be on the album.

Posted by: bierce | Dec 13, 2013 9:05:17 PM

23. Beyonce = big yawrn.

Posted by: ASamb | Dec 14, 2013 4:28:55 AM

24. Beyonce is fake and vain.

Posted by: ASamb | Dec 14, 2013 4:30:11 AM

25. Let me start by saying that I am a huge fan of Beyonce, but most of these new songs seem a bit sleepy. However, the videos look amazing, as does Beyonce. Maybe they get better, given that we only hear a short snippet, but only 2 or 3 sound great, and they are clearly following Rihanna's successful corner of the market. Too bad, because Beyonce should be leading the pack with her own style.

Posted by: JS | Dec 14, 2013 12:17:58 PM