Don Lemon | Duck Dynasty | News | Phil Robertson | Piers Morgan

BigGayDeal.com

Megyn Kelly Panelists Outraged at 'Duck Dynasty' Star's Suspension Over Anti-Gay Remarks: VIDEO

Kelly

Megyn Kelly's FOX News panel debated the suspension of Duck Dynasty‘s Phil Robertson on Wednesday night, and Arthur Aidala and Monica Crowley sided against Bernard Whitman, outraged that Robertson would be suspended for saying what he believes.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Megyn Kelly, Arthur Aidala and Monica Crowley sided against Bernard Whitman. That sounds "fair and balanced."

Posted by: Gigi | Dec 19, 2013 7:39:08 AM

2. So the racist is defending the homophobe.

That figures.

Evil scum - both of them.

They deserve a parcel full of 3 week old dogsh*t in their letterboxes

Posted by: MaryM | Dec 19, 2013 7:39:23 AM

3. Where were the outraged Kelly and Palin when Baldwin was cancelled from CNN for his homophobic remarks?

Posted by: Name: | Dec 19, 2013 7:49:03 AM

4. They're all so predictable in their institutionalized bigotry and racism......

Now with Palin weighing in os the side of the uneducated they are trying to distort their bigotry into a softer theme - free speech !

Oh bring back Alice in Wonderland......'words mean what I want them to mean'.......
    What a Red Queen Palin makes.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Dec 19, 2013 7:53:31 AM

5. Wouldn't it be great if Andy Towle were outraged by Lady Gaga's collaboration with a homophobe? Or Beyonce taking money from a terrorist's family?

Posted by: stu | Dec 19, 2013 7:56:15 AM

6. Good point "Name."

Posted by: Markt | Dec 19, 2013 8:07:27 AM

7. It's fairly simple. Robertson was furnished by A&E to GQ. If not for the TV show, he would not have been at that interview. Therefore, he was there as an employee of A&E in his work-role of a cast member on the show. Thus, what he says and does is a reflection on A&E. And thankfully, A&E felt his comments were not congruent with their policies. He had free speech - no one is throwing him in jail for what he said. However, free speech does not mean speech without consequences - there are consequences to executing your right to free speech when working as the employee of a company.

Posted by: David | Dec 19, 2013 8:10:00 AM

8. "Kelly took the side you might expect, probably relieved her 'Black Santa' remarks were being pushed aside for a new controversy."

I had exactly the same thought.

Wouldn't exposing someone else's shameful bigoted interview be a godsend for her right about ... Oh!, well she already found her mark. They work quick.

Posted by: Hey Darlin' | Dec 19, 2013 8:18:17 AM

9. If Phil Robertson substituted the words "Black" or "Jewish" for "gay," the people on Fox News still would think it was an outrage he was suspended, but others wouldn't. The vitriol I've seen on almost every website supporting Robertson--there are even "I Support Phil Robertson" photos popping up on Facebook--just makes me sick and makes me realize yet again that no matter how far ahead we think we're getting we have a long, long way to go.

Posted by: Larry | Dec 19, 2013 8:29:58 AM

10. These first amendment arguments are so laughable. Yes, you have the right to say anything. But you don't have the right to stand on my lawn and say it. You don't have the right to demand a subsidised public platform to say it.

Who watches all this crap anyway?

Posted by: melvin | Dec 19, 2013 8:39:28 AM

11. Larry,one only has to look at twitter in response to certain events to show we have a long way to go on a lot of issues.
    It's sad but it's a fact of life.

Posted by: Kevin | Dec 19, 2013 8:45:11 AM

12. @Kevin: I know. But seeing it constantly doesn't mean it gets easier to take.

Posted by: Larry | Dec 19, 2013 8:49:47 AM

13. Hmmm what a great way to make more $$$$$ for the franchise! This is all about merchandising, ratings, making money.... It's the equivalent of the Kardashian wedding spoof.

Posted by: Christopher | Dec 19, 2013 8:59:58 AM

14. You think she had the same response over Martin Bashir's Palin comment? Msnbc should do nothing because it's Bashir's "freedom of speech"

Posted by: Michaelandfred | Dec 19, 2013 9:23:11 AM

15. Of course that uneducated white trash Nazi whore does. Didn't see her standing up for Bashir when the reich-wing called for his just because he gave the dumber than a bag of plastic rocks racist Tea Taliban Troglodyte media whore Sarah Palin a history lesson. Oh that's right, their rules don't apply to liberals; more pointedly their rules don't apply to non-white &/or gay liberals.

Posted by: Sean | Dec 19, 2013 9:27:19 AM

16. Kelly, along with Gretchen Carlson, got their jobs for their looks, not their intelligence. Rupert only hires women he can make over into $2 whores. Homophobia runs rampant on FauxNews because that sometimes gets a rise - and cash - from their illiterate and racist viewers! Time for Rupert, Orally, Kelly et al to go the way of the dinosaur and slide under a glacier!

Posted by: dam846201 | Dec 19, 2013 9:30:30 AM

17. Curious that those outraged and screaming "FREE SPEECH" now are the very same people who were calling for, AND WON, the firing of a man who insulted Sarah Palin just a couple of weeks earlier.

Posted by: TampaZeke | Dec 19, 2013 9:40:52 AM

18. Let's be clear about something: There's a difference between defending someone's free speech and defending personal bigotry. I'm completely against homophobia or any kind of bigotry but I'm also against firing someone for having an unpopular personal view.

How is this any different from what Russia is doing with the LGBT community? The proper response would be a special episode dealing with LGBT issues or add a gay cast-member to counterbalance someone who feels homosexuality is a sin. You can't be surprised if conservative Christians are homophobic.

Posted by: Nellie | Dec 19, 2013 9:57:31 AM

19. So happy that Megyn Kelly, Sarah Palin, and Bobby Jindal have found something to be angry and indignant about.

Posted by: Buzz | Dec 19, 2013 9:58:25 AM

20. I'm outraged too, freedom of speech is only for those who are different from the norm, when a person states out they feel and something that the Bible says they're punished. Christian views are always punished if they're not socially accepted. We'll I have seen people be bashed because they stated that they didn't care how people lived their lives that's on them but that the Bible doesn't believe in it, and automatically this person was being harrassed by homosexuals and being called a gay basher. What is this world coming too. We have given every type of person the rights to say and do what they feel unless they are Christian beliefs.

Posted by: jennifer | Dec 19, 2013 10:16:47 AM

21. The way these things work is that advertisers call the shots. If they had only said here that A&E was at risk of losing corporate sponsorships then I don't think they'd try to maintain the fiction that A&E overreacted. Shows get canceled all the time because of loss of advertising revenue.

Posted by: anon | Dec 19, 2013 10:25:55 AM

22. "How is this any different from what Russia is doing with the LGBT community?"

Are you seriously asking this question? In Russia, it is AGAINST THE LAW for a gay person to speak honestly about his own life in public. If a woman says to the media, "My girlfriend and I had a lovely boat ride yesterday," she can be fined, jailed and, if she's a foreigner, deported (and even worse if she's a local)... BY LAW.
    This Duck Dynasty idiot is not threatened by any law. He was free to speak and is still free to speak. He said hateful words about others and the network that had been inviting him to speak decided not to hook him up with THEIR microphone next week. No one is putting him in jail or deporting him or fining him, let alone for saying something about HIMSELF as happens to gay people in Russia.

Posted by: GregV | Dec 19, 2013 10:34:36 AM

23. My comparison might have not been the best, but I continue to feel tolerance goes both ways. As a gay human being, I expected to be tolerated at the very least and I do the same with those who believe homosexuality is a sin: I disagree but I tolerate it. The minute an opinion becomes an incitement for hatred and laws against homosexuality, this is where my tolerance ends.

Posted by: Nellie | Dec 19, 2013 11:17:12 AM

24. Megan Kelly (FOX NEWS) did not show the entire response from
    Phil Robertson - read what he said below - only the second to the last sentence was shown and re- quoted by Megan Kelly -
    If you are going to "quote" someone you need to include the entire response NOT just one of the sentences taken out of context !!!
    This is wrong and unfair to do to someone - No one wants their
    words taken out of context so that they appear differently than intended.

Phil Robertson's entire quote below :

"I myself am a product of the '60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior," the TV star said in a statement released by A&E Wednesday. "My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other."

Posted by: Anoonymous | Dec 19, 2013 11:21:04 AM

25. there's a bit of difference between a reality star expressing his opinions in a magazine article and a broadcaster saying on air a public figure should be shat in the mouth. the expectation of behavior standards is different.

the better tactic is to laugh instead of whiny pc outrage, which just makes these people martyrs and heroes and strengthens their cause.

Posted by: Jaker | Dec 19, 2013 2:49:11 PM