Comments

1. ian says

I have fond memories of going to the drive-in as a kid/teen in the 70’s and enjoying those cheesy Godzilla movies. Ridiculous, but fun. The trailer makes this version look pretty good, but often trailers are better than the film as we know. I’m glad too, they’ve foregone the Bwaah…Bwaah “Inception” style soundtrack

2. David From Canada says

Another Godzilla movie?! The last one in the 1990’s, starring Matthew Broderick, was a bomb.
    This clip looks somewhat entertaining, but who are the stars in it? Give us more information.
    I’m simply surprised that they’re doing old Fire-Mouth all over again.

3. matt says

I personally believe that Jason Smets is pretentious as hell and for somebody that dislikes the site, he sure took time to type it into his url and then comment on it. Nobody forced you to come here you tool. And until there is a poll, you don’t get to say what does or doesn’t serve the best interests of the gay community.

4. UFFDA says

Crushed trains, smashed buildings, squished people, New York in smitherines – I can’t get enough. This looks entertaining all right. So much better than meaningful dialogue.

Suggestion: make it happen in Toronto with a close-up of Kiwi’s expanded mouth as he falls on it with shattering teeth that explode like grenades. Comic relief and yet somehow very real.

5. Robert says

FYI, this new Godzilla will be set in San Francisco. It never made any sense why Godzilla was all the way in New York when Japan is closer to the West coast.

And we have to remember that this is a blog, not a website. Andy and his editors can post whatever they want.

6. Daniel says

Frankly, I like my Godzilla to have a bit of a Pokemon quality to it. Namely, it should have a heart, take out the bad guys, and can blow some kinda nuclear beam from its mouth (that is pretty much a Kamehameha). Ahh… those are the good old days.

7. Traje says

The Devlin/Emerich movie was unworthy of the name (hence why Toho christened the new monster “Zilla” – because they took the ‘god’ out). This movie looks like it will be taking itself seriously (like the original ‘Gojira’) which makes a nice change from the cheesiness that dominates Toho’s efforts. I really hope it works.

8. DannyEastVillage says

I like a good monster-thriller as much as anybody. But, really, we’ve got real monsters threatening to destroy our country in the Republican party, the NSA, the Pentagon – in short, in the persons doing their darndest to assemble a corporatist-paramilitary fascist state. I’d really like it if film-makers would turn their lenses on Washington where the destruction is really taking place.

9. Matt says

If there is going to be yet another Godzilla movie it seems like it should bring something fresh to the whole affair.
    I didn’t see it here.
    Try harder, Godzilla!

10. Bill says

The first one – the original Japanese version – is probably the best of the lot but the scenes that made it a decent movie were cut from the American version and replaced with drivel.

11. tinkerbelle says

Yeah, I’ll see this one. Then again, I’ll watch anything once, except films with Leonardo Dicaprio and James Franco, who make me squirm and not with pleasure.

Is Godzilla now 2 times the size that she was in the 1998 version?