Gay Parents | New York | News | Perez Hilton

Perez Hilton to Co-Produce, Star in Reality Series About Gay Dads

Perez Hilton will co-produce and star in a Bunim/Murray (The Real World, Keeping Up With the Kardashians)  reality series about gay dads in New York, according to The Hollywood Reporter:

HiltonThe project, which is currently casting and has yet to be taken out to networks, will follow single father Hilton -- who welcomed his first son in February via surrogate -- and a group of gay dads both single and married as they support each other through the ups and downs of raising children.

The series will be executive produced by Bunim/Murray Productions and OMG Productions. OMG's Suzy Unger, Steven Grossman and Mario Lavandeira (aka Hilton) will executive produce alongside Bunim/Murray's Jonathan Murray, Gil Goldschein and Scott Freeman.

“I immediately responded to the Gay Dads of New York concept because my partner and I were part of one of the first gay dads support groups in Los Angeles back in 1998,” Bunim/Murray chairman Murray said. "Whether it's a single dad like Perez, or married gay dads, becoming a gay parent affects your relationships with family and friends, all of which will make fascinating stories.”

More at THR...

Comments

1. Just what we needed, Perez as the posterchild for Gay parenthood. He is the worst.

Posted by: Rand | Dec 4, 2013 1:14:00 PM

2. Please. Perez got himself a kid to keep up with Matt Bomer, Elton John, and NPH.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Dec 4, 2013 1:17:30 PM

3. What about the Leffews? They're the best gay dad role models I've ever come across.

Posted by: Telly | Dec 4, 2013 1:27:15 PM

4. OH GOD, I forgot he got a baby. What a POS.

Posted by: Fenrox | Dec 4, 2013 1:27:29 PM

5. No thank you. There are so many gay people out there unable to either find someone to bear a child for them, or adopt (if that's even possible), watching Perez Hilton preen would be far too challenging.

Posted by: Larry | Dec 4, 2013 1:33:28 PM

6. One word: Yuck.

Posted by: K | Dec 4, 2013 1:40:49 PM

7. *shudders*

Posted by: Mikey | Dec 4, 2013 1:42:42 PM

8. This will reflect well on gay families IN NO WAY.

That Hilton bastard is about to make us all look like meth-bait again.

Posted by: Chaz | Dec 4, 2013 1:44:06 PM

9. This will reflect well on gay families IN NO WAY.

That Hilton bastard is about to make us all look like meth-bait again.

Posted by: Chaz | Dec 4, 2013 1:44:07 PM

10. Their track record of hiring awful people and making lots of money doing so speaks as much to them as it does to their audiences.

Posted by: Paul R | Dec 4, 2013 1:44:12 PM

11. GAG

Posted by: WOLF | Dec 4, 2013 1:44:15 PM

12. GAG!

Posted by: WOLF | Dec 4, 2013 1:45:12 PM

13. "The project, which is currently casting and has yet to be taken out to networks ... ."

Pray no network picks it up.

Posted by: Lexis | Dec 4, 2013 2:07:32 PM

14. He's just doing to appear nicer. Everyone thinks he's a vulture so now he has to trot the poor kid out now to save face, but with his mug, it's not salvageable.

Posted by: Telly | Dec 4, 2013 2:13:55 PM

15. If it's any re-assurance, any project he touches outside of a gossip page meets with failure. Or did you forget his clothing line and music label. Reality show success usually comes out of the blue, those who start with a "I'm going to be a star!" usually last an episode or two.

Posted by: MIke | Dec 4, 2013 2:22:52 PM

16. Jesus, talk about genes that didn't need replicating.

Posted by: D.R.H. | Dec 4, 2013 2:32:23 PM

17. Firstly, he has a face and mannerisms that make him repulsive on camera. Secondly, having had to actually deal with him on a regular basis up until a year and a half ago, I can corroborate that he is an inexplicably arrogant, disconnected and grotesque farckle who wants desperately to feel better than everyone else, which I imagine is a losing battle. Like Kim Kardashian and her awful family, this is another prime example of why mainstream American culture is not worth our time. And need I remind anyone of who legitimized this grotesque creature? Yes. It was Lady Goober, another questionable, self-inflated character. I find it absurd that he became a parent, and he only makes me want to further rebel against the mainstreaming of the new homosexual.

Posted by: Alex N | Dec 4, 2013 2:35:28 PM

18. Firstly, he has a face and mannerisms that make him repulsive on camera. Secondly, having had to actually deal with him on a regular basis up until a year and a half ago, I can corroborate that he is an inexplicably arrogant, disconnected and grotesque farckle who wants desperately to feel better than everyone else, which I imagine is a losing battle. Like Kim Kardashian and her awful family, this is another prime example of why mainstream American culture is not worth our time. And need I remind anyone of who legitimized this grotesque creature? Yes. It was Lady Goober, another questionable, self-inflated character. I find it absurd that he became a parent, and he only makes me want to further rebel against the mainstreaming of the new homosexual.

Posted by: Alex N | Dec 4, 2013 2:35:29 PM

19. Like Kelly Osbourne, Seth Rogan, Star Jones, Michael Moore, and Drew Carey before him - Perez Hilton's popularity fell with his weight. And thankfully bears stopped fantasizing about him... ugh.

I get - it's for health and that's great! - but the jarring image shift is hell perception.

Posted by: HadrianM | Dec 4, 2013 2:37:43 PM

20. I see the drugs and alcohol are accelerating the aging process there.

Posted by: anon | Dec 4, 2013 2:42:59 PM

21. Perez Hilton in a Bunim/Murray show? Set my DVR... for whatever's on another channel.

Posted by: bobbyjoe | Dec 4, 2013 2:43:20 PM

22. "There something about a celebrity who uses their private lives and children to further their career. It's vulgar and it's a sickness."

Lauren Bacall (on Tom Cruise)

Posted by: MIke | Dec 4, 2013 2:52:59 PM

23. Almost nothing I wanted to say about him & this hasn't been said.

Posted by: Critifur | Dec 4, 2013 2:53:41 PM

24. Hey, what's the Grinch that stole Christmas doing holding that child? Quick, somebody call the authorities!!!

Posted by: Troy | Dec 4, 2013 3:14:30 PM

25. This is pathetic. Why the "celebrity" (makes me feel slimy even referring to PH as that) quotient? Seems like this is an interesting and compelling issue for a show without having to "Housewives" it. PH is a narcissist and I can't think of a more-terrifying thing than that as a parent.

Posted by: manbot | Dec 4, 2013 3:15:23 PM