Perez Hilton to Co-Produce, Star in Reality Series About Gay Dads

Perez Hilton will co-produce and star in a Bunim/Murray (The Real World, Keeping Up With the Kardashians)  reality series about gay dads in New York, according to The Hollywood Reporter:

HiltonThe project, which is currently casting and has yet to be taken out to networks, will follow single father Hilton — who welcomed his first son in February via surrogate — and a group of gay dads both single and married as they support each other through the ups and downs of raising children.

The series will be executive produced by Bunim/Murray Productions and OMG Productions. OMG's Suzy Unger, Steven Grossman and Mario Lavandeira (aka Hilton) will executive produce alongside Bunim/Murray's Jonathan Murray, Gil Goldschein and Scott Freeman.

“I immediately responded to the Gay Dads of New York concept because my partner and I were part of one of the first gay dads support groups in Los Angeles back in 1998,” Bunim/Murray chairman Murray said. "Whether it's a single dad like Perez, or married gay dads, becoming a gay parent affects your relationships with family and friends, all of which will make fascinating stories.”

More at THR

Comments

1. says

No thank you. There are so many gay people out there unable to either find someone to bear a child for them, or adopt (if that’s even possible), watching Perez Hilton preen would be far too challenging.

2. Telly says

He’s just doing to appear nicer. Everyone thinks he’s a vulture so now he has to trot the poor kid out now to save face, but with his mug, it’s not salvageable.

3. MIke says

If it’s any re-assurance, any project he touches outside of a gossip page meets with failure. Or did you forget his clothing line and music label. Reality show success usually comes out of the blue, those who start with a “I’m going to be a star!” usually last an episode or two.

4. Alex N says

Firstly, he has a face and mannerisms that make him repulsive on camera. Secondly, having had to actually deal with him on a regular basis up until a year and a half ago, I can corroborate that he is an inexplicably arrogant, disconnected and grotesque farckle who wants desperately to feel better than everyone else, which I imagine is a losing battle. Like Kim Kardashian and her awful family, this is another prime example of why mainstream American culture is not worth our time. And need I remind anyone of who legitimized this grotesque creature? Yes. It was Lady Goober, another questionable, self-inflated character. I find it absurd that he became a parent, and he only makes me want to further rebel against the mainstreaming of the new homosexual.

5. Alex N says

6. HadrianM says

Like Kelly Osbourne, Seth Rogan, Star Jones, Michael Moore, and Drew Carey before him – Perez Hilton’s popularity fell with his weight. And thankfully bears stopped fantasizing about him… ugh.

I get – it’s for health and that’s great! – but the jarring image shift is hell perception.

7. MIke says

“There something about a celebrity who uses their private lives and children to further their career. It’s vulgar and it’s a sickness.”

Lauren Bacall (on Tom Cruise)

8. manbot says

This is pathetic. Why the “celebrity” (makes me feel slimy even referring to PH as that) quotient? Seems like this is an interesting and compelling issue for a show without having to “Housewives” it. PH is a narcissist and I can’t think of a more-terrifying thing than that as a parent.

9. says

@HADRIANM: I’m a bear, and I didn’t idolize him back when he was heavier. I didn’t know any other bears that were attracted to him either. Thin or fat, his repulsive personality and shameless self-promotion is downright ugly.

10. Glen says

His popularity had nothing to do with his weight. He was popular because he was a gossip blogger who posted real gossip, until he got some small amount of fame and realized he would richer if he just shilled for the celebrities by being paid by their PR people to post good gossip about them. He befriended Lady Gaga and then when Madonna dangled a carrot in front of his face he turned on Gaga trying to make her look like she copied Madonna in an ambush interview. Now he claims he made Gaga and she is known in the business as a vampire and she used Perez….lol. He fails to remember the smily, or the boy band he put together that failed miserably. His failed CW show, that Lady Gaga did him a favor and took time out her tour to be on…I am suprised at Murray. He seems to know pop culture, does he not know people loath Perez?

11. steve says

it wouldn’t surprise me if this makes good television or does well – simply because he has a train-wreck quality that I think people would like to watch. on the same note, I do think he is mentally ill… apparently when he was younger he either attempted suicide or was extremely suicidal – so my understanding is that he’s kind of a broken person, and in that respect I feel sorry for him. He has quite a crazy personal history not unlike a lot of gay men who have struggled with self-esteem, etc.

12. Paul R says

Pretty much everyone, gay or straight, is broken in some way. Everyone has been treated poorly or done (or not done) things they later regret. But some people project their negative experiences onto others to prop themselves up. Others learn from them and move on.

Anyone who desperately seeks fame at any cost is broken or will end up that way.

13. says

As a gay dad, I can say I have next to nothing in common with this guy and will have two very different experiences.
    Who cares about a rich, talent-less hack who bought a baby? Ask me what it’s like with two adolescent sons and a full time job. I bet my story is more interesting!