Tom Daley Dating Oscar-Winning Screenwriter Dustin Lance Black: Report

Thesun

British tab The Sun and E! News are both reporting that the guy dating British diver Tom Daley is none other than Milk screenwriter Dustin Lance Black.

Said Daley in his video: "In spring this year, my life changed massively when I met someone and they made me feel so happy, so safe and everything just feels great. And that someone is a guy. It did take me by surprise a little bit. It was always in the back of my head that something like that could happen, but it wasn't until spring this year that something just clicked. It felt right and I thought, 'OK,' and my whole world changed there and then."

Comments

1. Jau says

Dustin Lance Black is 39???!!! It seems like only yesterday we were looking at the leaked photos of him taking it up the @$$ and looking ever the part of the twinky bottom. Wow.

2. Marc says

OMG — I’m jealous of both of them!
    If this is real, good for them. They make an adorable couple.
    😉

3. Saturnalia says

I have been laughing since I saw this earlier today and just waited for it to explode. Basically, if this is true – though I think not – he will lose all the goodwill he garnered today.

Black is a hack screenwriter, and let not forget his nefarious photo shoot, but what is really going to make people gross is that he is double in age than kid. It just reeks of manipulation if true.

Seriously I hope it is not, as I respect Tom for his sport achievements and his attitude toward fans, and hope he is actually with someone more his age and interests.

4. Saturnalia says

5. Francis says

Make no mistake about it. Personally, I have ZERO issue whatsoever with the age gap. But there will be backlash to this. Let’s not be naive. These are two of the most famous gays in the world, together, 20 year age gap. Definitely avoiding comment sections.

6. G_K1 says

I totally agree with Saturnalia…

Dustin Lance Black is a plight on any young up-and-comer in Hollywood, and it’s a pity that Daley wasn’t privy to that fact. He jumps from one barely legal guy to the next, and I know so from personal experience. I personally know 3 guys that were 18-22 when approached and seemingly wooed by Black, all in about the same timeframe too. I understand liking people younger than you, but once this relationship fails – and it will, because Black canNOT hold a relationship without cheating for more than a few months – I hope that he starts bumping up his demographic a few years. Otherwise he will eventually be that “successful Hollywood 70-year-old pedophile.” I hate to sound rash, but he really is a bad person when you boil it down. It’s a pity that this man has taken advantage of so many young guys, using his status to get him ahead. Tsk. I don’t want to make out any stereotypes that gays are pedophiles, because we aren’t. I think that Daley being involved with THIS man in particular is extremely toxic though, yes.

Also… let’s be honest. Black merely ADAPTED the documentary “The Life and Time of Harvey Milk” and exploited the works of others to get where he is now, and his movies since then have been nothing more than sorry attempts at historical fiction. Not a lot of imagination there. I know he has personally screwed over a few other Hollywood players – i.e. Tom DeSanto and Bryan Singer – by acting as their partners and then ducking out and stealing projects on his own… Looks like there’s not a facet of his life that is a bit honest.

7. Lexis says

I like these “Hollywood Meets Sports Star” relationships. Another one: Greg Berlanti and Robbie Rogers. (And straights do it all the time too.. lol!)

8. FFS says

Sweet. I’m a lot closer to Tom’s age and my junk is at least twice as big as Dustin’s.

I’m liking my chances, here.

9. m says

its a tabloid. wouldn’t it be a little more accurate if tom said it himself? who knows who it really is. there were rumors about dustin lance black and gus van sant with taylor lautner too a few years ago. taylor lautner isn’t even gay (he hasn’t mentioned anything). its gossip. no confirmation.

10. QJ201 says

All the out gays with name recognition keep dating each other…like suburban lesbians.

I guess they toss a coin to see who has to be the top.

11. says

G-K1 – Bryan Singer? You speak about someone who only uses super young twinks and then leaves them half naked in front of his house.

12. Saturnalia says

IKO that is alas just a fan, though they would make a good couple, looks wise. There is a several photos of Daley with some young man with whom he is, with some others roomate, and I would like to think that that is a man he is reffering to.

13. SteveP says

I was really hoping it would be David Boudia. LOL If it is DLB, really, really hope he doesn’t live up to his reputation.

14. nn says

I hope it is not DLB, because if it is that is creepy. A 39 years old man With a 19 year old boy, hardly a grown up:(

15. michael says

jeez. you guys.

enough with the bile. this lives nicely in the “none of your business” section of the supermarket. let ’em love who they want at whatever age they are.

16. Craig says

I originally doubted this report, but it seems to be true. DLB & Tom have been photographed together in Hollywood & Houston (you can find the photos on Twitter) and I don’t think The Sun & E! News would publish a story this big if it wasn’t true.

17. Michael says

Wow, of all the guys walking this planet…

My interest in Daley’s love life just flatlined.

18. Mike says

Matthew Mitcham’s partner is also considerably older than him. Divers with Daddy issues, Next Jerry.

19. Saturnalia says

Lance blacks previous boyfriend. Robbie Rasmussen. Simply stunning. Tom should date him.

Revind to 0.25 and just … watch… in HD

20. Reality says

People who are angry over this sound very familiar to 10 year old girls who are angry when members of one direction date someone. growwww up please.

21. Bill says

I’ll take the rumor more seriously when it is printed in the New York Times. Come on guys: The Sun? “E! News”? How about “someone wrote it on the side of a bathroom stall?” The “confirmation” was that someone thinks he/she saw the two of them at the same table in a coffee shop.

22. Lucas H says

Daley seems to have a decent head on his shoulders; DLB I’m not so sure of. Either way, their relationship just got put under a pretty powerful microscope. Best of luck to them both.

23. steve says

well, hopefully Tom doesn’t get his heart broken. I dated a guy almost 10 years older than me once – when I was younger – there was certainly an allure to older men….

24. Jay says

“there was certainly an allure to older men….”

Yeah, but DLB is an older man who “looks” and acts like a twink. So you kinda get screwed with the age and without the benefits.

25. arch says

Well its not the textbook romance we were all hoping for, but it is their private matter and if it makes Tom happy and helps him on this stage of his trip through life then we should all leave alone and wish well. (I do have the feeling that this will not be a long lasting relationship and that Mr Daley might be a bit of a fixture in the gaysip columns for a few years to come…)

26. christophers dad says

It is indeed possible for two people to love each other when one is older than the other. My husband of many years is more than 20 years younger than I.

27. christophers dad says

28. John says

Hmmm i was 47 and fell in love with a 20 year old. All was good until he discovered the world outside…but alas i knew that day would come. He moved on..i still love him..i will never forget. Sunshine in my life.

29. Dave says

I don’t think there’s anything sweet about a 19 year old’s first boyfriend being a 40 year old man. It’s none of my business, but I am disappointed it wasn’t another beautiful young man who was on the same journey as Tom. This just seems sleazy.

30. says

@Iko,

Until we hear it from Tom, we don’t know who his boyfriend really is. This “report” coming from two tabloid sources just doesn’t seem to ring true, but I think your guess is probably closer.

31. Perry says

So we have a sexually perverted older man dating a twink with daddy issues (losing his father at a young age). Yeah, this relationship definitely will last. Ha!!

32. anon says

This is super long distant relationship if true. When do they meet? Every six weeks or so? Grindr would be more romantic.

33. John says

Let’s not forget that Dustin Lance Black is a founder, and board member of AFER (the American Foundation for Equal Rights). Amont other things, he wrote “8” which is a powerful consciousness-raising “staged reenactment of the federal trial that led to a federal court’s overturn of California’s Proposition 8″. He is more than just a pretty face, he’s an activist fighting every day for our rights. So, he dates younger guys… good for him, if that’s his thing.

34. Liam says

What a pack of judgemental old queens! Who cares what the age difference is? Its no ones business but their own. Whoever he is with I hope they are both happy and they ignore all the bile and vitreol that is being heaped on them around the world. All the homophobic crap that was spewed when he announced he was bisexual was disgusting. This just adds to the mix.

35. jamal49 says

What a bunch of bitter, bitchy, tacky and tired queens who post here! Good Lord! C’mon girls. Ease up! Be happy for the Dustin and Tom if it’s true. Life goes by so damned fast! Find love, find happiness where you can and then grab it and hold onto it.

36. Tom says

I don’t think anyone’s being bitter. There’s an undeniable ick factor here. Plus, just because you’re an activist writer, this doesn’t make Lance any less gross. Poor Tom. :(

37. Seattle Mike says

I hope for Tom’s sake that this isn’t true. There’s a reason for the “half your age plus 8 years minimum” rule.

38. Bill says

@Craig: they were apparently seen together in a coffee shop in Hollywood (don’t know where in Houston). Some reporter hot for a story concluded they were dating. Other possibilities never crossed his feeble brain. For instance, suppose Dustin Lance Black is planning a film about a young gay diver. He has an actor in mind who looks enough like Tom Daley that you couldn’t tell the difference while Tom is spinning around in mid air between the diving board and the water below. Black needs a good diver for footage, so he contacts Tom Daley to see if he is interested in either being filmed while diving or in agreeing to letting existing footage be used.

There are lots of possibilities. Why not do the sensible think and show zero interest until any details get released by one or the other of the two people who actually know?

39. Scooter says

If Dalaey was older, like his 30’s. I don’t think it would be a deal, but amdthere are a lot of daddy/boy and pup relationships in our community that really do start to border on pedophilia. If you’re dating and fencing someone who has just barely lived their life and you are twice their age or dole- just remember- you were in high school or college when they were born.

40. Knots says

WHAT A FREAKIN PEADOPHILE. Dustin! Leave the Tom alone! When you were 20, Tom was just a new born baby… You sicko. And you have unprotected sex! You probably just want to infect Tom with something. Go for someone your own age. You’re the type of person that parents and teachers should be careful of when spotted in the playground…