Glenn Beck | News | Russia

BigGayDeal.com

Glenn Beck Says He's Not an 'Evil Conservative Monster', Rips Russia's Anti-Gay Law: VIDEO

Beck

Conservative pundit Glenn Beck blasted the "true evil" of Russia's anti-gay law on his show last night, saying he would "stand with GLAAD" on the issue, Right Wing Watch reports.

Beck said when "fascism is on the rise" there is room to look past politics and find common ground as human beings:

"This isn't a gay issue; it's a human issue...I am a human who lives and breathes just like the next guy ... I have a family. I like to laugh. I like to play with my kids. I like to watch a good movie; sometimes I see too many bad ones. I'm not angry. I'm not the evil conservative monster they say I am. And get this one, I don't think they're the monster either"

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

RWW notes that Beck recently called Michelle Obama "a monster" and his mood and worldview are subject to extreme vacillations on any given day.

Comments

1. Who cares what it is?! It just needs to shut up.

Posted by: Geoff | Jan 7, 2014 1:04:18 PM

2. ....aren't marriage equality issues human issues, too? and, you know, the *issue* of living in a culture not predisposed to ignorant hateful bigotry against who you are as a human being?

#whitemanspeakwithforkedtongue

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Jan 7, 2014 1:15:04 PM

3. Looks like the Becks might be hitting that bottle a little too much. With the extra weight and sunken eyes, I suppose it could be depression or some other ailment, but the puffy/veiny nose doesn't lie.

Posted by: manbot | Jan 7, 2014 1:15:16 PM

4. I've only seen him a few times, and he's clearly unhinged. Cannot imagine working with him.

Also, nice shirt. Isn't that the one that Aaron Schock got mocked for when he wore it to the White House picnic?

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 7, 2014 1:19:36 PM

5. He's starting to look like a hot daddy bear. Keep the beard.

Posted by: Tigernan | Jan 7, 2014 1:22:06 PM

6. so he's growing up a little. who cares.

Posted by: Mark | Jan 7, 2014 1:22:58 PM

7. I'm impressed.

Posted by: Frank | Jan 7, 2014 1:24:13 PM

8. And like that, the beard trend came to an abrupt end.

Posted by: crispy | Jan 7, 2014 1:27:03 PM

9. Have things gotten so bad that when an archconservative says he doesnt think gays should be put in camps or beaten on the street we're ready to carry him on our shoulders? What Beck is saying is the minimum that any decent human should believe. No kudos, sorry

Posted by: amjay | Jan 7, 2014 1:30:56 PM

10. I am not one who can swear by Gaydar; I've been wrong about people many times. But I get a very strong feeling about Glenn Beck. Always did. I believe he is a closeted LGBT person, working out his sex and gender issues in public. And I agree that he has mental health issues as well.

Posted by: Stuffed Animal | Jan 7, 2014 1:33:00 PM

11. Beck, Dennis Rodman, and Allen Iverson should all move to Utah and get married together in a 3-way.
    Perfection!

Posted by: Steeeve | Jan 7, 2014 1:47:58 PM

12. I'm with Amjay on this one. Nobody except the nuttiest of nutjobs will disagree with Mr. Beck about this. Let's have NOM and company take the attitude of "every crumb thrown our way is a banquet". We should be beyond that.

Posted by: HOFFENPOT | Jan 7, 2014 1:53:42 PM

13. So, um, what's with the bear-bearded look, Glenn? Is this the portent of things to come? Are you finally ready to drop the charade and come out of your closet? Regardless, too little, too late. You've made millions out of demonizing gay people. Sit down and shut up.

Posted by: jamal49 | Jan 7, 2014 1:58:28 PM

14. He's on five days a week. Sooner or later he'll take any given position. He has a soothing voice, like Mr. Rogers for wingnuts.

Posted by: james st. james | Jan 7, 2014 2:03:19 PM

15. Have we become so jaded that when an archconservative stands up against those that call for our incineration and death we still castigate him?

He's doing the right thing. His children have been telling him that we're not the monsters we've been portrayed to be and yet here we are again being that monster to him when he does stand up against our most disturbed enemies.

Beck is speaking out against hetero-fascists. The very worst of our enemies. The one who write 'kill the gays' laws. Scott Lively and his ilk. And doing it in front of an audience that cheers them. I know he didn't jump on the full equality bandwagon with this but what he did do was take a giant first step and challenged others that watch him to understand what they've been doing.

Thanks for speaking out Glenn Beck. Keep talking & listening to your kids and keep growing your humanity.

Posted by: SERIOUSLY | Jan 7, 2014 2:07:36 PM

16. Beck wants to get on Duck Dynasty!

Posted by: johnnycaruso | Jan 7, 2014 2:10:44 PM

17. They sure don't age well. Must be the hate cocktail they're so drunk on.

Posted by: Paul B. | Jan 7, 2014 2:14:07 PM

18. The death of the right wing will come as they pass control to the fascists within their party. It has already begun. They fail to realize in their desire to control the American public they are becoming closer to undesirable Russia.

Posted by: Trolliollio | Jan 7, 2014 2:44:50 PM

19. I have two feral cats...they hate each other and would surely like to kill each other. However...when the sun goes down and the coyotes are looking for a meal...these cats become the best of buddies & sleep joined at the hip. Then the sun comes up in the morning and they're scratching each others eyes out again. It's just about what keeps you alive...and relevant.

Posted by: johnnybegood | Jan 7, 2014 2:47:21 PM

20. I have two feral cats...they hate each other and would surely like to kill each other. However...when the sun goes down and the coyotes are looking for a meal...these cats become the best of buddies & sleep joined at the hip. Then the sun comes up in the morning and they're scratching each others eyes out again. It's just about what keeps you alive...and relevant.

Posted by: johnnybegood | Jan 7, 2014 2:47:21 PM

21. I'm impressed too.

Posted by: Halal | Jan 7, 2014 3:01:19 PM

22. Beck might not be a monster, but is he even sane?

Posted by: anon | Jan 7, 2014 3:10:05 PM

23. "Vague comment, vague comment, false equivalency, vague comment, feel good folksy comment..."

The problem is when it really comes to taking a stand on an issue his "let's all get along" schtick goes right out the window. You sure SOUND good, Glenn!

Posted by: Dave | Jan 7, 2014 3:45:38 PM

24. But ya ARE, Glenn, ya ARE an evil conservative monster. And not in a remotely sane way, either.

Posted by: Gregory In Seattle | Jan 7, 2014 3:51:37 PM

25. Glenn... dude. I don't care when you are right, when you are so overwhelmingly wrong. And when you're quite clearly psychopathic.

Posted by: Randy | Jan 7, 2014 4:48:59 PM