Kylie Minogue | Music | News

Kylie Minogue's New Single 'Into the Blue': AUDIO

Kylie

Kylie Minogue's new single leaked to the web Sunday ahead of its January 27 release date.

Said Kylie of the upcoming album:

"The sound essentially retains my DNA, and what a Kylie song is, but I think that gives me room to manoeuvre because you have something like Can't Get You Out Of My Head, to Slow, to I Believe in You to I Should Be So Lucky - it's still within the pop/dance arena. But what it has done has for me most importantly, is injected a freshness and a vitality into doing what is basically what I've always done - I needed to have a fresh approach and Roc Nation has helped me do that."

Listen (while it's still available), AFTER THE JUMP...

Also on Tumblr if this version goes down.

Comments

1. Kylie, you're well into your 40's. When are you going to stop this "oh, look at my half-naked body" routine? Everything about you is a stereotype, from your long flowing hair to your statements. Auto-Tune overload is what I hear on your songs, Kylie.

Posted by: jason | Jan 19, 2014 8:00:27 PM

2. Love Kylie but not this song. Nothing new but for me,even a step backwards. Love some more of the Impossible Princess sound.

Posted by: John | Jan 19, 2014 8:05:03 PM

3. Wow Jason,

How can a single person carry so much bitterness?

Poor thing...

Posted by: ElCid | Jan 19, 2014 8:19:14 PM

4. Love Kylie!!!! Not really my type but she still looks good!!!

... this song sounds nice too...

Posted by: Vera | Jan 19, 2014 8:22:45 PM

5. Jason, you forgot to add photoshopped. What? Is it? I don't know but the accusation would fit the tone of your comment. Come on, you remember Cher? She was 62 and still wearing the spanglingly body suits (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1180394/Cher-turns-time-slip-body-suit-wore-17-years-ago--looks-amazing.html).

I say if ya got it flaunt it. And, if you're in the music biz and you have to keep up with the wacky kids out there, doing it in such a classy manner is great.

And if this was a hot male singer in his 40s showing this much skin, would you complain?

Posted by: Christopher | Jan 19, 2014 8:35:47 PM

6. Regardless of her age, Kylie makes cheap music for cheap people. The lyrics are inane. The sounds are produced from a computer. The voice is distorted to make it sound tuneful. In other words, it's fake.

How much more fake music can gay men dance too? Is it because we lead fake lives. Fake goes with fake, don't forget.

Posted by: jason | Jan 19, 2014 8:42:06 PM

7. I'm at awe and amazed on you Jason.
    "The sounds are produced from a computer", that sounds soooo early 80s when everybody was against synthesizers and emulators. Really out of date.
    On the other hand,the association cheap music = cheap people is not only offensive but it is an insult to your intelligence, that is....

Posted by: ElCid | Jan 19, 2014 8:49:47 PM

8. That brought nothing new to the pop table.

Posted by: Felix | Jan 19, 2014 8:54:24 PM

9. Wow. Well into her 40's? She should just walk into the sea before her haggard old body shrivels up and blows away.

Posted by: KM | Jan 19, 2014 8:59:38 PM

10. Kylie is pop music, not a music innovator but when she is off label time she does some pretty intriguing side projects

kylie feat mum

Coldplay feat Kylie

Kylie feat Scissor Sisters

Gerling Feat Kylie

Towa Tei feat Kylie

none of those tracks pay the bills. I love that kylie does the arty stuff as a release but also embraces her pure pop persona

Posted by: Eric Hufford | Jan 19, 2014 9:02:42 PM

11. And in 2009 Bjorn chose he wanted to appear with her at ABBA Thanks for Music BBC Orchestra Proms at Hyde Park

her 2012 Proms at the park was the most attended free concert at The Royal Hyde Park in London

and she has performed for Her Majesty The Queen more than any other singer... Clearly she's doing something right

Posted by: Eric Hufford | Jan 19, 2014 9:10:38 PM

12. Kylie makes cheap music for cheap people. Same goes for Britney, Rihanna, Katy, Madonna, Lady Gaga etc etc etc. The faking that goes into making their songs is mind-boggling in its extremity.

I never cease to be amazed by mindless gay guys who think that a female pop performer "feels their pain" whenever she mimes or lip-syncs to her songs. Earth to gay guys: most of these women don't care about you. They simply want to make money off you.

They know full well that most of you don't have children and thus need fulfilment from other sources, such as "dance music". Enjoy dancing, guys, while these women make money by the truck-load for their own personal gain.

Posted by: jason | Jan 19, 2014 9:26:31 PM

13. Madonna who risked her career to have images of her feeding Martin Burgoyne dying of AIDS?

kylie who has performed for free at Sydney Mardi Gras in 1994, 1998, 2002 and 2012??? And her and her little sisters have been AIDS Activist since the 90s??

Madonna and Kylie both were embraced and embraced by the gay community log before marketing to gays was the smart thing to do.

Posted by: Eric Hufford | Jan 19, 2014 9:33:39 PM

14. Steve Anderson,William Baker,John Gailleo,Jean Paul Gauilter, Jake Shears,and Dolce and Gabanna all gay and all have been part of Kylie's creative team for well over 20 years, except Jason he came around in 2003. I don't she's a marketing ploy

Posted by: Eric Hufford | Jan 19, 2014 9:36:42 PM

15. Eric Hufford,

AIDS is not a gay illness. If you wish to think it is, it's because you are stereotyping yourself.

I have no time for publicity stunts by some of the world's richest female pop acts.

Posted by: jason | Jan 19, 2014 9:39:06 PM

16. she stole phaedra's outfit

Posted by: luke | Jan 19, 2014 9:43:42 PM

17. also the collab she did with hurts was fantastic and i'm sad eric hufford didn't link it

Posted by: luke | Jan 19, 2014 9:46:25 PM

18. I love it. Glad to see Kylie back!

Posted by: Chris | Jan 19, 2014 9:48:35 PM

19. I don't normally respond to other peoples posts but i am making an exception. Jason Kylie's music is what it is. And for so many of us it has brought much happiness whether it be in the privacy of our homes,on the dancefloor or on the jukebox at the local with friends. Kylie is constantly working & in many fields. She has worked hard for what she earns & that really is nobody's business but hers. We decide what we want to listen to or purchase or which concerts we wish to attend. She more than any other artist i can think of has supported the gay community & acknowledges her gay fan base all the time. I have been a fan of not only her music but also her as a person since 87 & admittedly have not enjoyed everything music wise but she brings me happiness when i hear her or see her in concert. She is out there living her life & doing her best just as you probably are. And generalizing us as "mindless gays"? Really. Kylie's appreciation is widespread. No the music is not going to change or for the most part influence music as we know it but then us fans have always known that. It is what it is. Too much analyzing. As her second album said "Enjoy Yourself".

Posted by: John | Jan 19, 2014 9:49:45 PM

20. I don't normally respond to other peoples posts but i am making an exception. Jason Kylie's music is what it is. And for so many of us it has brought much happiness whether it be in the privacy of our homes,on the dancefloor or on the jukebox at the local with friends. Kylie is constantly working & in many fields. She has worked hard for what she earns & that really is nobody's business but hers. We decide what we want to listen to or purchase or which concerts we wish to attend. She more than any other artist i can think of has supported the gay community & acknowledges her gay fan base all the time. I have been a fan of not only her music but also her as a person since 87 & admittedly have not enjoyed everything music wise but she brings me happiness when i hear her or see her in concert. She is out there living her life & doing her best just as you probably are. And generalizing us as "mindless gays"? Really. Kylie's appreciation is widespread. No the music is not going to change or for the most part influence music as we know it but then us fans have always known that. It is what it is. Too much analyzing. As her second album said "Enjoy Yourself".

Posted by: John | Jan 19, 2014 9:49:45 PM

21. @Jason

"Cheap music"

Gaga is a Grammy Award winning, NYU educated, Artist.

Madonna's music influenced a generation. 'Like A Prayer', 'Ray Of Light', 'Like A Virgin', and 'Live To Tell' are considered to be some of the best songs of all-time. Could you do better? Art is subjective. Accomplishments are not. If you don't like it, fine. But it still doesn't take away from what they have.

For someone who doesn't like them, you seem pretty informed about what they allegedly have and have not done.

In all honesty, I think your just jealous of their achievements, and the fact that straight men desire them.

To be so bitter...

Posted by: Chris | Jan 19, 2014 9:53:19 PM

22. Jason,here let me school ok

I know it is not a gay disease at 14 years poz and peer advocate, however in the 80s even though I was just coming out of the womb it was viewed as a gay disease and it was Elizabeth Taylor, Madonna and Lady Diana Spencer, Princess of Wales that brought much needed attention and money to the cause. If it was for those three brave women and the countless activist and people who lost their life in the battle who knows where we will have been.

I am not cheap and no one is cheap. As either Sister Iona Dubble-Wyde or as myself I work to build people up and empower them and some of my inspiration does come from people like Kylie and Madonna. While you cast your stones in busy getting SDSAVE the first sexual assault campaign aimed at men who have sex with men up and running, while you casted stones at others I ran Turn Your Back to Demaio to remind SD LGBT Community to support Carl Demaio, while you sat on your catch and bitched after Prop 8, I helped organize Jointheimpact SD the largest prop 8 protest in history. All the while listening to Kylie Anne Minogue, OBE because she is quite frankly amazing.

you need to find something positive to do with your time.

Posted by: Eric Hufford | Jan 19, 2014 9:58:29 PM

23. Jason, what music do you like?

Posted by: Terpsichoriander | Jan 19, 2014 10:12:54 PM

24. Anyone that says Kylie is auto-tuned and computerized has never heard/seen her live. Music is not supposed to be liked by everyone. I don't care for Beyoncé or Kanye but others do and that is what makes humanity so interesting. I have enjoyed Kylie even during her not so grand years. Looking forward to this new album.

Posted by: Bjornfjord | Jan 19, 2014 10:32:40 PM

25. Welcome back Kylie....great song....love it, love it, love it. Remember folks, there is enough room in the world for multiple divas to love.

Posted by: AaronTx | Jan 19, 2014 10:36:15 PM