Gay Marriage Proposal | News | West Hollywood

Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: Lucas and David

Lucasdavid

A surprise birthday party in West Hollywood turns out to be something else entirely.

The couple writes:

What do you do when you want to give your boyfriend the surprise of his life? If you're Lucas, you just have the police shut down a major city street, get Step Up star Briana Evigan and a bunch of other hot dancers to shake their booties, and make sure all of your friends are standing by with cameras and kleenex. No video could possibly capture the magic we all felt that night, but this one sure does a damned good job!

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Lucasdavid2

Don't miss our other recent gay wedding and proposal videos...
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Jonathan and Dwayne [tlrd]
Gay Marriage Flash Mob Proposal of the Day: Patrick and Mike [tlrd]
Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: Kevin and RJ [tlrd]
Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: Harry and Lance's '99 Red Balloons' flash mob [tlrd]
Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: IL Rep. Sam Yingling and Lowell Jaffe [tlrd]

Comments

1. I find public proposals to be very emotionally manipulative. You go above and beyond to propose, making it very public and almost back the person into a corner so they have to say yes. If my future boyfriend tries this I'm going to say no even if I do want to marry him. You take the romance out of it and it's really manipulative.

Posted by: Derrick | Jan 26, 2014 10:28:10 AM

2. I saw this Friday and it made me cry. Best of luck to Lucas and David!

Posted by: Bobby | Jan 26, 2014 10:45:37 AM

3. Wonderful!!!! What an incredible celebration!!!

Posted by: Dr C | Jan 26, 2014 10:55:20 AM

4. No it may not be for everybody, but beautiful and special nonetheless. Congrats guys!

Posted by: Dave in PA | Jan 26, 2014 11:04:30 AM

5. Way too long!! Sweet, but just get to the point! How long do u want someone standing there sobbing in public?

Posted by: AJ | Jan 26, 2014 11:08:51 AM

6. I don't know who Lucas is, but the boyfriend is very cute. The event? Horribly overblown and tacky.

Posted by: John Freeman | Jan 26, 2014 11:21:43 AM

7. That kind of mushiness and sappiness that is obnoxiously over the top but where you secretly wish to be the recipient! Well done. Hope the life together is as great as the beginning!

Posted by: Mitch | Jan 26, 2014 11:24:33 AM

8. Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing it.

Posted by: Jay | Jan 26, 2014 11:36:57 AM

9. I'm speechless. I can only wish you guys all the happiness in the world!!

Posted by: Matt27 | Jan 26, 2014 12:05:13 PM

10. What a beatiful Day in the neighborhood

Posted by: Grego | Jan 26, 2014 12:26:49 PM

11. Wishing them all the best - the thought is really nice and to each his own - HOWEVER:

Mitch - I would NEVER want a proposal to be so pubic with a crowd watching....Shouldn't a marriage proposal be between the two people getting engaged?

It seems like everyone wants their own 'reality' show...Andy Warhol was correct about people needing their 15 minutes of fame.

I agree with everything Derek said above - it's almost like it's done just for attention.

Posted by: Mark | Jan 26, 2014 12:41:50 PM

12. wish you guys all the best.

Posted by: Mark | Jan 26, 2014 12:42:21 PM

13. a bit of a reading exercise, and an environmental disaster (how many trees died for that proposal). I'd suggest texting in the future. But still cute, my eyes moistened.

Posted by: dumbnhung | Jan 26, 2014 1:04:45 PM

14. Oh and you couldn't stop traffic? Hard to see the dance number with all those ignorant cars whizzing by. Whizzing!

Posted by: dumbnhung | Jan 26, 2014 1:05:45 PM

15. Epic and awesome.

Posted by: Roger | Jan 26, 2014 1:12:47 PM

16. It was on Youtube...this means they're better than everybody and their marriage will last forever...

Posted by: Ankerich | Jan 26, 2014 1:36:14 PM

17. The cynical comments ruin what's a cute moment between a couple people who obviously love each other. Maybe it's not for you and maybe you couldn't handle it and maybe in your world it's tacky and maybe it was this or that or any other of a million problems you can find with it. But it's not about you; so why not just enjoy a heartwarming story that distracts from all the hate and negativity in the world?

Posted by: Derek | Jan 26, 2014 1:56:42 PM

18. Derek knows. Felicidades!

Posted by: Leonardo Ricardo | Jan 26, 2014 3:10:37 PM

19. I'm really curious if these couples last - the ones that have these really public proposals... would be interesting to see a study on them and find out if they're still together 5 years later. this kind of thing is not for me, but more power to them if it makes them happy. (I can't even watch it because it makes me so uncomfortable, if I had to be in that position)

Posted by: steve | Jan 26, 2014 5:47:41 PM

20. Wow !
    That is the best proposal I've seen.
    Well done guys, I hope all your days are as happy.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jan 26, 2014 6:43:09 PM

21. His fiancee is a beautiful "scul?" Gross.

Posted by: FFS | Jan 26, 2014 8:17:04 PM

22. DereK,

You don't need to read the comments. If it ruins a moment for you, watch the video and don't read the comments.

I did enjoy the moment and offered commentary - the whole point of the comment section.

Your comment speaks of the same negativity you claim to detest.

Hi pot meet kettle

Posted by: Mark | Jan 26, 2014 11:55:20 PM

23. i hate when people criticize other people's special moments. grow the F up, towleroad trolls

Posted by: Reality | Jan 27, 2014 12:43:13 AM

24. I love Paris Jackson dancing in the chorus line.

Posted by: swagfag | Jan 27, 2014 2:51:31 AM

25. Dear Reality,

Stop hating, it's TOXIC!!!!

The only troll is YOU - Grow up....

Posted by: Mark | Jan 27, 2014 9:43:33 AM