Curtis Paradis | I'm Gay | News

BigGayDeal.com

Popular Vlogger Curtis Paradis: 'I'm Gay' — VIDEO

Paradis

Popular video gaming and news vlogger Curtis Paradis came out of the closet today in a three and a half minute video called "My Story".

Says Paradis:"For the past 22 years of my life, I've been living a lie...I think I'm finally ready to say it. I am Curtis Paradis. And I'm gay."

Wrote Paradis, who has nearly 240,000 subscribers on YouTube: "This is something I have wanted to share with you all for a very long time and it wasn't until recently that I had the confidence to really do it. A big thanks to my Parents for being super supportive during this time, I often worried how they would respond to this, but they have been very supportive and I love them so much for it."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

One of Curtis Paradis's recent news segments:

Comments

1. i'm glad he's happy, but when he's doing his shtick, that voice could cut diamonds...

Posted by: bandanajack | Jan 6, 2014 3:14:09 PM

2. Well, good for him. His video has lots of positive comments and most seem to find it "inspirational" (I thought it was a bit slurpy, but I'm a tough sell). He's not catering to a specifically gay subscriber demo, so hopefully he's changing some minds. :)

Posted by: will | Jan 6, 2014 3:23:23 PM

3. First I've ever heard of him.

Posted by: spg | Jan 6, 2014 3:25:28 PM

4. When I see his name, it makes me think of Fhloston Paradise.

Posted by: crispy | Jan 6, 2014 3:34:28 PM

5. I've never heard of him either, but it's great to see so many popular YOUTUBE figures come out. Great for LGBT youth in particular, and good for straight young adults/teens/tweens to see that there isn't anything weird in being LGBT and that you can relate to us and like us for who we are, independent of our identities.

Posted by: Francis | Jan 6, 2014 3:39:37 PM

6. "First I've ever heard of him." WHO CARES. Jesus, there is nothing more annoying when there's a news story about a public figure and someone decides to post the oh-so-clever comment that they've never heard of the person in question. Maybe it's because you don't read video game blogs? We don't all know every single person worth knowing. Do a google search if you've never heard of someone, or simply skip the post, or withhold your comment.

NOTE: not directed at Francis.

Posted by: Zell | Jan 6, 2014 4:19:18 PM

7. Who? And is he auditioning to take over the Alvin the Chipmunk role?

Posted by: anon | Jan 6, 2014 4:30:22 PM

8. His androgyny makes it pretty obvious.

Posted by: Sam | Jan 6, 2014 4:31:31 PM

9. It's nice that he's comfortable enough with himself to acknowledge what's so obvious about him that children were able to identify it when he was a child.

And he's certainly taken the non-coming out "coming out" ritual to new heights. Talk about turning it into a big production!

Posted by: oncemorewithfeeling | Jan 6, 2014 5:13:39 PM

10. It's nice that he's comfortable enough with himself to acknowledge what's so obvious about him that children were able to identify it when he was a child.

Posted by: oncemorewithfeeling | Jan 6, 2014 5:13:44 PM

11. Francis and Zell--luvya, guys. It's always good and frequently an exception here to read a positive and rational comment. I suppose that an actual count of types of posts would show me that the negative/ignorant/petty remarks don't REALLY outweigh the others.

Posted by: gregory brown | Jan 6, 2014 5:15:08 PM

12. The cinematography's nice. The world looks pretty in this video. Sorry to hear at 22 he's "finally" ready. On the other hand, ready or not, like it or not, live.

Posted by: Glenn I | Jan 6, 2014 7:35:55 PM

13. Always entertaining to read a comment from someone who is still in the closet.LOL

Posted by: Kim | Jan 6, 2014 8:03:23 PM

14. I'm glad for him, but I doubt that many people are completely shocked by this news.

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 6, 2014 10:18:08 PM

15. He looks like Jack from Will & Grace

Posted by: CC | Jan 6, 2014 10:39:32 PM

16. In other news water is wet

Posted by: tom | Jan 7, 2014 1:50:46 AM

17. As a fan of his, I just always assumed he was gay... and out. My bad!

Congrats Curtis!