Jimmy Fallon | News

Jimmy Fallon Collects on $100 Bet in Mega Celebrity Stunt on First 'Tonight Show': VIDEO

Fallon_gaga

Robert DeNiro, Tina Fey, Joe Namath, Rudy Giuliani, Mariah Carey, Tracy Morgan, Joan Rivers, Kim Kardashian, Seth Rogen, Lindsay Lohan, Sarah Jessica Parker, Mike Tyson, Lady Gaga, and Stephen Colbert dropped by Jimmy Fallon's first Tonight Show gig in a single sketch to "welcome (him) to 11:30, bitch!"

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Not one of Fallon's guests was an openly gay man. Not one.

Posted by: roger | Feb 18, 2014 7:59:15 AM

2. meh

Posted by: freak | Feb 18, 2014 8:11:11 AM

3. This blog worships Fallon! Why?

Posted by: Tristram | Feb 18, 2014 8:14:34 AM

4. Come on, who else expected Lohan to grab that stack of cash and run?

Posted by: Keith | Feb 18, 2014 8:41:52 AM

5. Come on, who else expected Lohan to grab that stack of cash and run?

Posted by: Keith | Feb 18, 2014 8:41:54 AM

6. Was Towleroad actually watching the show?

Fallon came out with an offensive joke about not being able to get the picture of Al Roker and some other guy going down on the luge together. It wasn't a funny "ha ha" 'the luge is so gay', it was a 'that is so gross' joke. Directly followed up with a completely different joke, an even more offensive impression of Fallon imitating a gay lispy gay guy giving fashion advice. Again, this wasn't a trying to be funny by more of a slamming gay men.

The show sucked and if Towleroad wants to bend over and be the punching bag for Jimmy Fallon then have at it but you've lost all respect.

Posted by: Michael | Feb 18, 2014 8:56:40 AM

7. I like Fallon. Good riddance to Leno. Yes, there will be a learning curve but c'mon...

And as for Lohan... Was that really her??? Never would have recognized her.

Posted by: pete n sfo | Feb 18, 2014 9:06:56 AM

8. Can't stand him. Celebrity ass kisser suck up. His fawning introduction of Justin Timberlake who was accepting some "Lifetime Achievement" award on some show was cringeworthy. He's more "Do you like me? I like you" than Bill O'Reilly.

Posted by: MIke | Feb 18, 2014 9:39:38 AM

9. I always marvel at the audiences in these shows. They must feed them some serious uppers before showtime to get them THAT excited for that long. It feels like they've been screaming since the Beatles arrived 50 years ago.

Posted by: hugo | Feb 18, 2014 9:48:01 AM

10. I wish I was backstage with all of those super egos. Would've loved to see everyone together... not talking to any one.

Posted by: S. | Feb 18, 2014 10:12:31 AM

11. Like I've previously said, I've never liked Fallon. I don't think he is funny or charming nor does he have the right quality to be host of the Tonight Show. Johnny Carson has to be livid. I haven't watched the show since Leno took over and won't watch it now that Fallon is hosting. NBC is a waste of time.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Feb 18, 2014 10:13:15 AM

12. cute.

Posted by: Joe | Feb 18, 2014 10:18:21 AM

13. @Roger, and??
    @Michael, not all, only yours.
    @Keith, I did.
    @Hugo, They are witnessing a piece of history. The debut in a new era of the Tonight Show. That's exciting enough without stimulants.
    @Michael, If that 'joke' offended you, you need to get out more.

Posted by: Edd | Feb 18, 2014 10:28:29 AM

14. @Mike Ryan: I doubt that Johnny Carson is too upset, given that he's dead.

Posted by: Paul R | Feb 18, 2014 10:35:03 AM

15. Also, Joe Namath and Mike Tyson? Two athletes who are no longer massive stars. And Tracey Morgan has quite a gut.

Posted by: Paul R | Feb 18, 2014 10:43:06 AM

16. That was funnier and more clever than anything Leno did in 22 years...he can and will get to the good gay stuff later.

Posted by: Dback | Feb 18, 2014 11:51:05 AM

17. Steven Colbert is hilarious!

Posted by: mikep | Feb 18, 2014 12:18:17 PM

18. Al Roker is NOT a meteorologist. H simply is an announcer, i.e., he reads what is placed in front of him.

Posted by: Dusty | Feb 18, 2014 2:42:05 PM

19. Does anyone actually think Al Roker is smart enough to handle the interpretive math necessary to be a meteorologist? For some reason people equate longevity on the air with intelligence.

Posted by: Dusty | Feb 18, 2014 2:44:12 PM

20. Not one, but two gay jokes in the opening monologue. I was never that impressed with Fallon (absolutely horrendous on SNL), but now I know never to watch him.

Posted by: Rrhain | Feb 18, 2014 3:36:21 PM

21. Gaga honestly looked like a female impersonator version of herself. Weird.

Posted by: AriesMatt | Feb 18, 2014 3:42:04 PM

22. People need to lighten up. Jimmy Fallon will be/already is so much better than Leno. And by all indications, he's perfectly LGBT friendly. I think the idea is that no one wants to see Al Roker have sex. Period.

God, I can't imagine any of you negative Nancies are much fun to go out with.

Posted by: Sam | Feb 18, 2014 4:49:47 PM

23. Jimmy Fallon I find impossible to watch—he's too earnest in seeking fame, a real suck-up, and he's not funny. He always seems out-classed by even the lowest of his guests. As much as I didn't appreciate Leno, I prefer him over small-time Fallon. The art of the talk show went out with Carson and the like. Big yaaaaawwwwn.

Posted by: tinkerbelle | Feb 18, 2014 4:58:44 PM

24. Tired of this fool using LGBT jokes to make a buck.

Posted by: Dina | Feb 18, 2014 5:53:48 PM

25. And he closes the show with a gay joke knowing if he made a joke about any other minority group, he'd get hell for it. He's tired.

Posted by: James Tiley | Feb 18, 2014 5:54:34 PM