A Park City, Utah-based brewery is showing its support for marriage equality with a new beer made from two similar ingredients, the Salt Lake Tribune reports:
Called Live and Let Live, the blonde pale ale was produced using "two beautiful malts and two wonderful hops, all fermented with a pair of yeasts," says Wasatch brewer Dan Burick.
The beer is 4 percent alcohol by volume — that’s 3.2 by weight — and will be available on draft beginning Friday, Valentine’s Day. (See list for specific locations.)
The gray-toned label that customers will see on the tap handle shows what looks to be a couple — possibly two men, maybe two women — in orange parkas embracing as they ride a ski lift.
Writes the brewery on Facebook:
Celebrate diversity in Utah! Live and Let Live.
“Our new beer has an attitude and we believe Live and Let Live will make life better for a lot of people in Utah" says Wasatch founder Greg Schirf. “Some of our political leaders would benefit from a hearty serving of Live and Let Live.”
Live and Let Live is a blonde pale ale built with two beautiful malts and two wonderful hops, all fermented with a pair of yeasts. This will be available on Valentines Day!
The brewery says that the beer is only on tap:
We wanted to get this out while the legislative session was going and didn't have enough time to get it in bottles.
Where to find Live and Let Live on Tap Valentine’s Day if you're in Utah, AFTER THE JUMP...
• Bout Time Pubs (Cottonwood, Gateway, Park City, West Valley,
West Jordan, Herriman, Taylorsville)
• Wing Nutz (District location in South Jordan)
• Duffy's Tavern (Downtown Salt Lake City)
• Poplar Street Pub (Downtown Salt Lake City)
• Paper Moon (South Salt Lake)
• Dick N’ Dixie’s (Downtown Salt Lake City)
• Lumpy’s Sports Bar and Grill (Highland location)
• Willie’s Lounge (Salt Lake City)
• The Point After Sports Bar (Murray location)
• Double Tree Airport Inn
• Wasatch Brewpub (Park City)
• Squatters Pub Brewery (Downtown Salt Lake City)
• Squatters Roadhouse Grill and Pub (Park City)
• Squatters Airport Pub (The Salt Lake International Airport)