Africa | Discrimination | Kenya | News

Homosexuality A 'Social Evil' As Serious As Terrorism According To Kenyan MP

Anti-gay Africa

Africa is perhaps the least hospitable continent for homosexuals, which is actually illegal in 37 countries and is subject to widespread taboos, thanks in no small part to the dissemination of lies and stoking of hatred from evil religious evangelical lunatics like Scott "The Nazis were gay" Lively and Martin "Eat da poo-poo" Ssempa.

While Uganda is one of the most hostile, Kenya is not far behind. Since 2010, 595 cases of homosexuality have been investigated, according to MP Aden Duale. In an assembly with other MPs, Duale even said that "gayism" and "lesbianism" are "as serious as terrorism," a level of educated insight that harkens back to the days of Oklahoma representative Sally Kern.

However, Duale responded to calls for tougher laws to penalize homosexuality by saying that the Kenyan constitution and penal code were sufficient, and that the decision to not follow Uganda's methods was in no way influenced by the fact that international donors have suspended aid to Uganda in response to their treatment of homosexuals.

Comments

1. I would think that President Obama, with Kenyan ancestry and current relatives, could have some leverage here. I hope he exercises that leverage.

The photo accompanying this article is horrifying. Such appalling ignorance.

Posted by: Darryl | Mar 28, 2014 7:58:39 PM

2. I've stopped caring about Africa. I am completely over daily having to read how so many of it's countries hate us. Something like 3/4ths of African countries have anti gay laws, They often make Russia seem idyllic for gays. It would make me happy if Towleroad cut back it's endless reporting of hate of GLBT folks from so much of Africa. Unless we cut back on aid to those bottomless pits of need (every country in Africa)I see no hope in the situation ever improving for those poor people who are born gay in that god forsaken continent.

Posted by: John | Mar 28, 2014 10:04:26 PM

3. This type of inflated rhetoric needs to be challenged. What did gays ever do to you? Prove it. People hate gays because of what they imagine and not reality.

Posted by: Kev C | Mar 29, 2014 10:46:32 AM

4. Tired of global abuses against LGBT people?

Please consider sending/posting a postcard.

(To post, follow link, right click on image, & choose "save as.")

Thank you!

Further details can still be found at:

Posted by: Stephen Mead | Mar 29, 2014 10:54:38 AM

5. Tried to send the postcard but kept getting an error message. Oh well.

Anyway, the insidious, nefarious, evil hand of American evangelicals is metastasizing all across Africa and Latin America. American evangelicals know their time of hatred, bigotry and sowing the seeds of chaos and dissent in America are over. So, they must find other, vulnerable, gullible people to exploit.

Posted by: jamal49 | Mar 29, 2014 11:45:16 AM

6. Jamal49:

Thank you for taking the time to try and send a postcard and for alerting me to the fact there was a problem on the site. I tried sending from the site and got the same error message, then tried again later (both while logged in and logged out) and was able to send the postcard OK. Perhaps the best way to use the card is to go to the weebly site by clicking on the green icon above my posting. From there, right-click on the image and choose "save as". That way you can save it to your computer and post/send however you choose. I've gotten some valid angry criticism that posting these postcards is a waste of time but I feel if one person of the lgbt community who is being persecuted, might see this postcard out there somewhere... perhaps that person will feel less isolated and hopeless, at least for one more moment of the day. To my critics I say: I am not god who created hatred, brutality and persecution, nor do I have the power to stop it, nor am I rich, famous or have global political clout. I am just a human being trying to "do no harm", and let my heart and soul guide me into not remaining silent in the face of the atrocities in the world.

Tried to send the postcard but kept getting an error message. Oh well.

Posted by: Stephen Mead | Apr 2, 2014 6:57:29 PM