Australia | Gay Marriage | News

'Marry Me' Video Provides a Happy Ending for Sydney's Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras: VIDEO

Marryme

Elvis Di Fazio directed this heartwarming video created for the closing act of 2014 Sydney's Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras which gives gay and lesbian Australian's a glimpse at a hopeful equal future.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

marry me from elvisdifazio on Vimeo.

Comments

1. I loved this video...I think one of the actors is in a web series called "The Horizons".

Never the less, I loved this video thanks for sharing it...it shows that love is love and we all deserve to love and be loved

Thanks

Posted by: Felipe Brussels | Mar 10, 2014 2:42:43 PM

2. I loved this video...I think one of the actors is in a web series called "The Horizons".

Thanks

Posted by: Felipe Brussels | Mar 10, 2014 2:42:46 PM

3. The Sydney Gay Mardi Gras is awful. It"s overly commercial and overly sleazy. Classic example of a parade gone wrong.

Posted by: roger | Mar 10, 2014 2:47:13 PM

4. Very nice. Not crazy about that song. I wish every gay man looked as good as the guys in this video.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Mar 10, 2014 2:59:20 PM

5. Nice video.

Posted by: Matt27 | Mar 10, 2014 3:04:20 PM

6. Ewww. The one on the right needs to lose 20 pounds stat! I'm kidding! But seriously, summer is just around the corner! ;)

Posted by: Jason | Mar 10, 2014 3:14:01 PM

7. Exquisite.

Posted by: Dback | Mar 10, 2014 3:15:48 PM

8. That was the best marriage video of them all. No dialogue, none necessary, and the song of course was made for it.

Posted by: UFFDA | Mar 10, 2014 3:16:38 PM

9. Hey Mike, I love a good looking man like any other gay male, but you have to respect that beauty comes in many different varieties ;)

Posted by: MisterM | Mar 10, 2014 3:24:00 PM

10. that was very sweet and touching

Posted by: disgusted american | Mar 10, 2014 3:29:19 PM

11. It would be great if they played this on MTV, but I guess that would be too much to ask.

Posted by: Tyler | Mar 10, 2014 3:53:45 PM

12. Oh hey, Rick. I see you're posting under my name again. You already posted as Uffda, roger and Jason in this thread. Were 3 aliases really not enough to satisfy your trollish craving for attention?

Posted by: Tyler | Mar 10, 2014 4:07:46 PM

13. I hate being single. lol :)

Posted by: GLAW2014 | Mar 10, 2014 5:56:03 PM

14. I'm pretty sure the hotness/fitness levels of all of these men is unrealistic. Vid was sexy, but reality is more heartwarming.

Posted by: B | Mar 10, 2014 6:41:41 PM

15. Well, I guess we are at a time when we get the same cliched relationship images straights have gotten for years. And now we can tell ourselves that marriage is the end just like Hollywood movies have done for decades. Well, as one who is married, it isn't. It's just another stage in a relationship. So enjoy this video as the fantasy it is and then get on with living.

Posted by: barryearle | Mar 10, 2014 7:20:16 PM

16. I enjoyed this, but agree with comments about the Mardi Gras itself. It has become overly commercialised and lame. As a result, the true artists and creative people have opted out of the parade: and it SHOWS! Then again, maybe parades like this have outlived their use. We're already visible, now it's time for the real fight to begin.

Posted by: tristram | Mar 10, 2014 8:36:03 PM

17. Sort of annoyed that they chose young, exceptionally attractive men for this. We aren't all Abercrombie models...

Posted by: Brian | Mar 10, 2014 11:37:26 PM

18. just gorgeous people!
    enjoyed it very very much!!

Posted by: lg | Mar 11, 2014 4:24:43 AM

19. "Same Love" playing really ruined it for me. I would've just opted for Mary Lambert's version. Cute video though.

Posted by: Derrick | Mar 11, 2014 7:42:11 AM

20. Yeah because nothing goes together like a marriage proposal and a circuit party weekend.

Posted by: Perry | Mar 11, 2014 9:06:58 AM

21. So, how does someone who doesn't quite match the ideals of a man like that get his attention? Someone who wants the same things he wants? Flirting and Grindr must be done to the death and dismissed out of hand ...

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Mar 12, 2014 1:52:32 PM