Comments

1. anon says

He probably has the Maori to thank for this. They’ve been cooperatively fishing with dolphins and orcas for centuries.

2. Wirrrn says

Actually, given the Australian government’s concerted efforts to decimate shark numbers lately, the dolphins were probably trying to protect it from the awful human…

3. ny2.0 says

While dogs may be man’s best friend of all, dolphins are certainly our best friends in the oceans.

4. BrokebackBob says

Smart self-aware dolphins are very sweet on us. They are also horny most of the time and bump sexy parts with us. But if they are pissed off at you, look out, those teeth are murder but overall: Love the dolphins!

5. says

If he had gotten too fatigued to swim, those dolphins would have let him hitch a ride. Amazing animals, and probably the most pro-human creatures we’ll ever find in the wild.

6. says

I absolutely love dolphins. They have NO place living in captivity for human entertainment. I stand firmly behind the Humane Society of the United States in opposing keeping marine mammals in captivity for human entertainment.

7. Turquoise says

I completely agree with you Dr. Blackwell. Watching this clip reminded me of watching the movie “The Cove”. It made me think about how unfair people have been to dolphins given they have always had a reputation (as far as I know) for doing this kind of thing.

8. gr8guya says

One day, we will realize that dolphins are as intelligent and rational as we are. And then we are going to have a lot of explaining to do. How do you say, “We’re sorry,” in dolphinese?

9. EchtKultig says

“They’ve been cooperatively fishing with dolphins and orcas for centuries.”

When they weren’t busy hunting the maos and other ratite birds to extinction.