EastSiders | News | Van Hansis | Web Series | Willam

Gay Web Series ‘Eastsiders’ Returns, Seeks Funding For Season 2 On Kickstarter: VIDEO

East

Eastsiders, the popular web series that focuses on the aftermath of infidelity on a gay couple living in the Los Angeles neighborhood of Silver Lake (what some might term LA’s answer to Brooklyn), is back for a second season. Season 1 was picked up by LOGO Online but now the show’s creators are turning to Kickstarter for help getting things off the ground for the show's next chapter.

From creator and star Kit Williamson:

“I'm so excited to take the show back where it started: in the fans' hands, on Kickstarter. This is a very unique moment in time where audiences have the power to say what kind of stories they want to see told. We've been so lucky to have found an amazing community of viewers that have been with us from day one, and continues to grow every day. I hope they want to see more from us, because I am so excited to continue telling this story.”

Season 1 raked in the accolades, winning Best Web Drama at the 2013 LA Weekly Awards, Best Ensemble at the Indie Series Awards and a Satellite Award nomination. The show stars Van Hansis, who memorably played Luke of Luke and Noah (a.k.a. ‘Nuke’) on the daytime drama As The World Turns, and creator Williamson, who has appeared on Mad Men and on the New York stage in Talk Radio with Liev Schreiber.

Season 2 will see the return of memorable cast members such as John Halbach, Traci Lords, Sean Maher, Matthew McKelligon and Constance Wu along with the addition of new players such as Willam Belli, whom you will recall from Nip/Tuck, his RuPaul's Drag Race days and his role as one third of Detox.

Check out the Kickstarter video, AFTER THE JUMP…

You can also visit the Kickstarter page and donate HERE.

And in case you missed season 1, you can watch episodes 1 & 2 HERE, episode 3 HERE, and episodes 4 & 5 HERE.

Kitvan2

Comments

1. Willam is one third of Detox? What kind of fillers has she been using? I think you mean DWV lol

I need to watch the first season of this show because I'm definitely watching the second season with Willam as part of the cast.

Posted by: JMC | Apr 15, 2014 8:21:48 PM

2. Why is willlam a part of the cast now? Girlfriend still thinks she can act.

Posted by: Christian | Apr 15, 2014 8:27:47 PM

3. Aaaaaaaahhhhh!!! I love this show! Let's give them all the money!

Posted by: Jorge | Apr 15, 2014 8:29:49 PM

4. Obsessed with this show. Obsessed with Willam. So excited about this!!

Posted by: Jim | Apr 15, 2014 8:30:43 PM

5. Season 2! Season 2! Season 2!

Posted by: Alec | Apr 15, 2014 8:37:49 PM

6. Ummmm Willam CAN act. Did you see him on Nip/Tuck? He was good AND that was when that show was good. BEFORE that slutty teen tried to poison Julia with fruit cake. Excited for this!

Posted by: JJHayden | Apr 15, 2014 9:00:45 PM

7. I'll donate, but I want shirtless guys, I want a "real" story line like last season -- not just some gay fluff -- and I want said shirtless guys to kiss each other on the face. Love seeing this show get bigger & bigger.

Posted by: Jacob | Apr 15, 2014 9:08:40 PM

8. Willam is a really good actor. He's got a pretty great resume on top of his drag work.

Posted by: Jim | Apr 15, 2014 9:11:58 PM

9. Goodness,yet another gay show that only features clones. The entire cast all look alike.

Are we still living in a time when showing the diversity of the community, to the community, is unprofitable? Really?

Posted by: Chuy Vickers | Apr 15, 2014 9:48:19 PM

10. The photo makes them look like the gay Waltons. Don't they know any POC? Really?

Posted by: radtastic | Apr 15, 2014 10:18:05 PM

11. It's so awesome to see such a range of relationships being represented in one show (and done well). It connects LGBTQ and straight relationships with such thoughtful writing and delightful cast. I'm still hung up over season one I can't wait to see what kind of story they're going to dish up in season two.

You won my heart. TAKE MY MONEY AND TAKE IT AGAIN, you beautiful humans.

Posted by: Birdiesaysjump | Apr 15, 2014 10:45:47 PM

12. All of my monies are now going into Eastsiders Kickstarter! A win for quality LGBT programming, and a win for sexy awesome fun super happy explosion time!!!

Posted by: JGS | Apr 15, 2014 10:53:34 PM

13. "Eastsiders"? In Silver Lake? Uh, no, the Eastside of Los Angeles are places East of the 5 like Boyle Heights, EAST Los Angeles and Monterey Park, all heavily Latino. Is the show written by people who recently moved here from Iowa?

Posted by: Henry Holland | Apr 15, 2014 11:08:29 PM

14. YASSSSSSSSS. Werq. Fierce. (Insert more gay lexicon) But for reals I'm excited I really love the show.

Posted by: Osvaldo | Apr 15, 2014 11:50:56 PM

15. Loved the cast, but especially Constance Wu.

Posted by: John | Apr 16, 2014 1:41:52 AM

16. @Henry Holland - The debate over their use of the "Eastside" designation made it to the Los Angeles Time a few months ago, where the debate raged.

Personally, Silver Lake already has it's own neighborhood designation, but if they want "a side" of Los Angeles, then it should actually be "Northsiders" .. lol!

Posted by: Retro | Apr 16, 2014 2:46:59 AM

17. Chuy Vickers: If the cast looks all the same to you, you need glasses as soon as possible.

And it's nice a show about gay people with gay actors for a change

Posted by: jjose712 | Apr 16, 2014 5:14:11 AM

18. I just watched the kick starter video...it is sad that almost the entire production team is white as well as the cast.

Posted by: Mike | Apr 16, 2014 7:22:10 AM

19. UMMMMMMMMM yes. Last season was a cliff hanger and I want to know what happens! Let me have this my mental health and well-being are at stake. FOR THE LOVE OF CHER, DONATE!

Posted by: JM | Apr 16, 2014 8:21:34 AM

20. WHITE,WHITE,WHITE.

Posted by: james | Apr 16, 2014 10:00:54 AM

21. @James is Satya Bhabha invisible to you? Or the two asian women in the cast? Genuinely curious.

Posted by: CH | Apr 16, 2014 11:36:20 AM

22. Season one was great - looking forward to seeing season 2. I tossed some coins into the bucket for em.

Posted by: Brando | Apr 16, 2014 12:21:20 PM

23. Season one was great - looking forward to seeing season 2. I tossed some coins into the bucket for em.

Posted by: Brando | Apr 16, 2014 12:21:20 PM

24. ONly just found out about you and looked at your video for your new kickstarter funding. What bothers me as a gay man who was in NY right after Stonewall, worked at changing the face of the gay community during the 70's in NY, came back to LA and continued fighting for LGBT perception in the media, is the fact that there are NO representatives of the elders in our community who helped put you where you are today....and since I've been a professional actor since the late 60's, I would like to offer my talents to be one of the many denizens who fill you world and touch on a part of our community that is constantly ignored....thanks for your interest....I am on face book and you can see a bit more about me there....

Posted by: Neil Elliot | Apr 16, 2014 6:50:19 PM

25. I am so excited for this to return! I loved the first season, grat acting and scripts, and loved that main trio of gay characters whih, refreshingly, were played by gay actors. In fact I think it is better than Looking, for all itsd superior production values, and Russel Tovey. Does anyone know whetrher Hunting Season is getting season 2?

Posted by: Saturnalia | Apr 16, 2014 7:15:06 PM