Discrimination | News | United Kingdom

KFC Kicks Lesbian Couple Out of UK Restaurant for 'Heavy Petting'

A KFC spokesman has apologized after staff members at a restaurant in Bath, England kicked out a lesbian couple for what was described as “heavy petting” between the two women.

The Independent reports:

KFCThe couple have complained to police about their treatment in the restaurant, saying they had been verbally abused during the incident on Thursday afternoon.

Stephen Pope, the father of one of the women, said on Twitter that “a couple complained about them being gay so the manager threw them out”.

And in a tweet to the company, he said: “Dear @kfc the manager at your Bath, UK, store just kicked my daughter and her g/f out for being #gay. Is this one of your policies?”

A KFC spokesman said they were “very sorry for any offence caused”.

But he added: “While we acknowledge that staff may have been over-zealous in asking the couple to leave, we do not believe that the decision had anything to do with their sexuality.

Comments

1. Impossible to judge the truth here without more info. They easily could have been engaged in inappropriate touching. Or the guests that complained could easily have been bigoted. Or both.

Posted by: Chip | Apr 21, 2014 2:53:08 PM

2. Impossible to judge the truth here without more info. They easily could have been engaged in inappropriate touching. Or the guests that complained could easily have been bigoted. Or both.

Posted by: Chip | Apr 21, 2014 2:55:29 PM

3. Impossible to judge the truth here without more info. They easily could have been engaged in inappropriate touching. Or the guests that complained could easily have been bigoted. Or both.

Posted by: Chip | Apr 21, 2014 2:55:33 PM

4. Impossible to judge the truth here without more info. They easily could have been engaged in inappropriate touching. Or the guests that complained could easily have been bigoted. Or both.

Posted by: Chip | Apr 21, 2014 2:55:36 PM

5. And I thought KFC was an acronym for kissing, f-ing and cock suckin' Get the take out.

Posted by: Arrow | Apr 21, 2014 3:00:33 PM

6. And I thought KFC was an acronym for kissing, f-ing and cock suckin' Get the take out.

Posted by: Arrow | Apr 21, 2014 3:00:46 PM

7. Ugh - have you eaten at a KFC lately? Seems to me like they did the lesbians a favor.

Posted by: Steve | Apr 21, 2014 3:21:04 PM

Posted by: Alexander | Apr 21, 2014 3:55:25 PM

Posted by: Alexander | Apr 21, 2014 3:55:27 PM

10. i prefer Popeyes. omg so good yummy.... i may well never get my six pack but dammit i'll be happy before i die. ^_^

Posted by: Alexander | Apr 21, 2014 3:55:39 PM

11. i prefer Popeyes. omg so good yummy.... i may well never get my six pack but dammit i'll be happy before i die. ^_^

Posted by: Alexander | Apr 21, 2014 3:55:40 PM

12. i prefer Popeyes. omg so good yummy.... i may well never get my six pack but dammit i'll be happy before i die. ^_^

Posted by: Alexander | Apr 21, 2014 3:55:47 PM

13. i prefer Popeyes. omg so good yummy.... i may well never get my six pack but dammit i'll be happy before i die. ^_^

Posted by: Alexander | Apr 21, 2014 3:55:48 PM

14. i prefer Popeyes. omg so good yummy.... i may well never get my six pack but dammit i'll be happy before i die. ^_^

Posted by: Alexander | Apr 21, 2014 3:55:48 PM

15. i prefer Popeyes. omg so good yummy.... i may well never get my six pack but dammit i'll be happy before i die. ^_^

Posted by: Alexander | Apr 21, 2014 3:55:50 PM

16. i prefer Popeyes. omg so good yummy.... i may well never get my six pack but dammit i'll be happy before i die. ^_^

Posted by: Alexander | Apr 21, 2014 3:55:54 PM

17. i prefer Popeyes. omg so good yummy.... i may well never get my six pack but dammit i'll be happy before i die. ^_^

Posted by: Alexander | Apr 21, 2014 3:55:56 PM

18. i prefer Popeyes. omg so good yummy.... i may well never get my six pack but dammit i'll be happy before i die. ^_^

Posted by: Alexander | Apr 21, 2014 3:56:03 PM

19. i prefer Popeyes. omg so good yummy.... i may well never get my six pack but dammit i'll be happy before i die. ^_^

Posted by: Alexander | Apr 21, 2014 3:56:03 PM

20. i prefer Popeyes. omg so good yummy.... i may well never get my six pack but dammit i'll be happy before i die. ^_^

Posted by: Alexander | Apr 21, 2014 3:56:04 PM

21. i prefer Popeyes. omg so good yummy.... i may well never get my six pack but dammit i'll be happy before i die. ^_^

Posted by: Alexander | Apr 21, 2014 3:56:05 PM

22. i prefer Popeyes. omg so good yummy.... i may well never get my six pack but dammit i'll be happy before i die. ^_^

Posted by: Alexander | Apr 21, 2014 3:56:13 PM

23. i prefer Popeyes. omg so good yummy.... i may well never get my six pack but dammit i'll be happy before i die. ^_^

Posted by: Alexander | Apr 21, 2014 3:56:13 PM

24. i prefer Popeyes. omg so good yummy.... i may well never get my six pack but dammit i'll be happy before i die. ^_^

Posted by: Alexander | Apr 21, 2014 3:56:19 PM

25. i prefer Popeyes. omg so good yummy.... i may well never get my six pack but dammit i'll be happy before i die. ^_^

Posted by: Alexander | Apr 21, 2014 3:56:19 PM