Hip-Hop | Music | News

Gay Rapper Fly Young Red Talks Sex, Hip Hop, and ‘Boy Pussy’: LISTEN

Flyyoungred

In an interview with Da-Doo Dirty Show host DJ Baker, openly gay rapper Fly Young Red talks about his music, his path from ‘straight’ rapping to ‘gay rapping’ and, as you might expect from someone with a song titled “Throwing Boy Pussy,” sex.

After acknowledging that he’s had some shade thrown his way because of his recent hit, he went on to talk about when he started including gay subject matter into his work:

I was rapping when I was sixteen and I had, you know, a song on the radio. I was rapping with a group and like I said they were straight and I mean, I don’t know, like I backed up for a minute. I’m a poet by nature so I never lost, you know what I'm saying, anything that I was doing, and it’s in my heart to do it, you know what i’m saying? So I kept up with it or whatever but I just started openly gay rapping in September.

Listen to the rest of the interview, AFTER THE JUMP…

(Warning: work-unfriendly language)

Comments

1. not a fan of the term "boy pussy". just me?

Posted by: Jesse | Apr 11, 2014 11:45:56 AM

2. How can someone that can barely speak a coherent sentence be a 'poet'? Trashy song, trashy lyrics. Blech.

Posted by: Rolf | Apr 11, 2014 12:00:06 PM

3. @ "How can someone that can barely speak a coherent sentence be a 'poet'? Trashy song, trashy lyrics. Blech."

Obviously, his audience understands his way of speaking English. He doesn't have a poop what you think.

Posted by: Derrick from Phiily | Apr 11, 2014 12:05:22 PM

4. I like this:it goes on to show that gays happen everywhere-even in the ghetto!
    =)

Posted by: George F | Apr 11, 2014 12:06:55 PM

5. @ "I like this:it goes on to show that gays happen everywhere-even in the ghetto!
    =)"

Yep, GEORGE F, and you prove that Gay can happen in the trailer park--behind the dumpster.

Posted by: Derrick from Phiily | Apr 11, 2014 12:37:39 PM

6. I like Boy Pussy (the song). It shouldn't be taken too seriously. It's supposed to be fun and funny.

BTW, the DJ's sound effects were incredibly annoying.

Posted by: Merv | Apr 11, 2014 12:40:01 PM

7. @Jesse,

I agree. I hate the term.

Posted by: Phoenix Justice | Apr 11, 2014 12:57:42 PM

8. Oh, unclutch your pearls, Sister Mary. The song is supposed to be dirty and fun. Get over it.

Posted by: WOLF | Apr 11, 2014 1:23:34 PM

9. Rolf, honey, poetry is in the ears and the eyes of the beholder.

Sit down and shut up.

Posted by: jamal49 | Apr 11, 2014 2:18:38 PM

10. You could play a drinkng game with the number of times the phrase "You know what I'm saying" comes up. What's with the stupid songs effects? How could anyone listen to this regularly?

Posted by: antisaint | Apr 11, 2014 2:50:48 PM

11. Love it!

Posted by: CC | Apr 11, 2014 11:07:11 PM

12. Love the 'know what i'm saying know what i'm saying" from Jerry Springer: The Opera

This whole scene is amazing.

Posted by: bravo | Apr 12, 2014 1:04:27 AM