Macklemore | Nike

Macklemore Gets Signature Air Jordan Sneaker

Macklemore Jordans

Macklemore, rapper and ally, artist of the pro-gay platinum single "Same Love", teamed up with Nike's Jordan line to design and release his own signature sneaker. Macklemore posted pictures of the shoe on his Instagram account and it's...certainly eye-catching. And a shoe; it's definitely a shoe.

Macklemore Signature Jordan

Comments

1. Looks like something on the menu at Red Lobster.

Posted by: Michael W. | Apr 23, 2014 10:13:48 AM

2. Except Macklemore has a song specifically about the dangers of kids focusing on material possessions that involves a kid getting murdered for his shoes. And not just any shoes, but Jordans.

Posted by: Char | Apr 23, 2014 10:14:33 AM

3. I WANT IT!!

Posted by: Timothy Kincaid | Apr 23, 2014 10:14:55 AM

4. all of the sudden I have a hankering for lox on a bagel.

Posted by: jim | Apr 23, 2014 10:16:04 AM

5. Rock lobster!

Posted by: Jack M | Apr 23, 2014 10:20:15 AM

6. I'm glad Macklemore found success but I'm not going to be singing his praises so soon. Macklemore 'Same Love' is few years too late. The issue of same-sex marriage/love was already on a tidal wave which Macklemore rode on. Also Macklemore is white, his fan-base are mainly yuppies and hipsters....basically preaching to the choir. When a male country star or black rapper sing about 'same love', then we'll can talk.

Posted by: frankie | Apr 23, 2014 10:31:16 AM

7. Another celebrity with their own line of clothing - in this case, a celebrity shoe - so he can make even more money for himself. Yawn......this has happened how many times before?! I thought Macklemore had more integrity than this. No thanks. (I'll be waiting for them in the bargain basement bin a few years from now.)

Posted by: David From Canada | Apr 23, 2014 10:43:28 AM

8. I don't think it's available to the public. I think it's a one-off that they made just for him. That's a little less sketchy.

Posted by: bford | Apr 23, 2014 11:03:11 AM

9. What a hypocrite...Macklemore only cares about money just like the rest of them....

Posted by: styler | Apr 23, 2014 11:09:56 AM

10. While it is not clear if and when these ridiculous shoes will be made available to the public, it is just another celebrity shoe and another public figure whose desire to become a celebrity and make more money will overshadow whatever accomplishments made the person a public figure in the first place. Pathetic.

Posted by: MichaelJ | Apr 23, 2014 11:45:40 AM

11. Straight men and their ugly shows, I sware!

Posted by: Gregoire | Apr 23, 2014 11:57:55 AM

12. Yuch!

Posted by: Rob | Apr 23, 2014 1:25:35 PM

13. I like it - It's a coral color you don't see often!

Posted by: reality | Apr 23, 2014 4:21:50 PM