Duck Dynasty | Louisiana | Republican Party | Vance McAllister

'Family Values' GOP Rep. Vance McAllister Apologizes After Getting Caught Kissing Staffer: VIDEO

2_mcallister

Rep. Vance McAllister (R-LA) is apologizing after surveillance video emerged showing him passionately kissing Melissa Hixon Peacock, a married staffer.

McallisterSaid McAllister in the statement:

"There's no doubt I've fallen short and I'm asking for forgiveness. I'm asking for forgiveness from God, my wife, my kids, my staff, and my constituents who elected me to serve. Trust is something I know has to be earned whether you're a husband, a father, or a congressman. I promise to do everything I can to earn back the trust of everyone I've disappointed. From day one, I've always tried to be an honest man. I ran for Congress to make a difference and not to just be another politician. I don't want to make a political statement on this. I would just simply like to say that I'm very sorry for what I've done. While I realize I serve the public, I would appreciate the privacy given to my children as we get through this."

The Times Picayune reports:

McAllister ran on a strong family values platform in the November special election that won him the seat of outgoing U.S. Rep. Rodney Alexander, R-Quitman. His victory over state Sen. Neil Riser, R-Columbia, was a surprise for many, as the latter was endorsed by many in the national and state Republican parties.

The Washington Post adds:

The freshman congressman, who has gone to great lengths to solidify his social conservative credentials, is perhaps best known for inviting a member of the politically-controversial television show "Duck Dynasty" as his guest to the State Of the Union address.

Watch the video, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. If the day of the week ends with -day you won't be surprised when there is yet another GOP hyper-Bible hypocrite who espouses family values while porking a not-his-wife woman.

Posted by: bkmn | Apr 8, 2014 9:09:14 AM

2. "I would appreciate the privacy given to my children as we get through this."

Oh won't someone think of the children!

He needs to think a bit more about HIS children and not prolong their embarrassment by using them as a shield during this time.

Posted by: Hey Darlin' | Apr 8, 2014 9:16:27 AM

3. A hypocrite being exposed is just desserts.

Posted by: SpaceCadet | Apr 8, 2014 9:16:56 AM

4. As if the hypocrisy isn't enough, there's the stupidity, too. "What's a security camera?"

Posted by: james | Apr 8, 2014 9:17:46 AM

5. McAllister has so far run a campaign which would make him appeal to conservatives. He’s said welfare recipients shouldn’t make more on the dole than they could get from minimum-wage jobs, opposes gay marriage and abortion, wants to investigate the IRS and pledges to shrink the size of government.

Posted by: Dattexas | Apr 8, 2014 9:22:05 AM

6. The good Christian people of Louisiana will toss him right out on his self-righteous ass just like they did David Vit...Oh, wait a minute. Never mind!

Posted by: TampaZeke | Apr 8, 2014 9:23:25 AM

7. He'll be fine. He knows Jesus will forgive him. Those religionists always have an out.

Wifey might not do what Jesus would do though. Bad christian, bad.

Posted by: james st. james | Apr 8, 2014 9:23:27 AM

8. Have some honour and resign.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Apr 8, 2014 9:24:19 AM

9. The don't even follow the Bible, if they do they won't be the one who throw the first stone, when they are obviously very flawed

Posted by: jjose712 | Apr 8, 2014 9:31:17 AM

10. So, he'll be sponsoring a bill to outlaw straight marriage?

One badly behaved straight person proves that no straight people should be allowed to marry. Isn't that how this works for Republicans?

Posted by: Lymis | Apr 8, 2014 9:35:17 AM

11. He's an in-your-face obnoxious bigoted toad who made a big deal about bringing the Duck Dynasty slimeball to the State of the Union address so that he could get himself lots of attention. Now he has attention. Ha.

Posted by: kit | Apr 8, 2014 9:37:12 AM

12. He's an in-your-face obnoxious bigoted toad who made a big deal about bringing the Duck Dynasty slimeball to the State of the Union address so that he could get himself lots of attention. Now he has attention. Ha.

Posted by: kit | Apr 8, 2014 9:37:14 AM

13. He's an in-your-face obnoxious bigoted toad who made a big deal about bringing the Duck Dynasty slimeball to the State of the Union address so that he could get himself lots of attention. Now he has attention. Ha.

Posted by: kit | Apr 8, 2014 9:37:19 AM

14. No news here. Just more Republican hypocrisy. They'll probably make him governor, or at least a runner-up to David Vitter.

Posted by: Jay | Apr 8, 2014 9:44:12 AM

15. (Sorry for the triple post -- even though it's Tuesday, it's still kind of Monday...)

Posted by: kit | Apr 8, 2014 9:46:57 AM

16. A hypocrite.

Posted by: Matt27 | Apr 8, 2014 9:59:16 AM

17. He said he tried to be honest. He just tripped, and his tongue got in her mouth.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Apr 8, 2014 10:02:24 AM

18. The next press release will announce that, through his minister, "God has forgiven me!" (and now back to our regularly scheduled programming of preaching and promoting Hate in Government).

I wish it was a male escort pushing a luggage cart, or like Larry Craig, a little un-definable toe-tapping. Then we could be rid of the pond scum for good.

But extramarital hetero dalliances... that's nothing.

Posted by: Rad | Apr 8, 2014 10:12:36 AM

19. It's funny how the media never confronts these religious hypocrites with their cafeteria christianity. Just once I'd like to see someone in the media challenge them like Martin Sheen challenged that women in the scene from West Wing.

Posted by: Pete | Apr 8, 2014 10:13:39 AM

20. Please, let it be discovered he is NOT from Louisiana. Like we don't have enough to worry about with Edwards and Jindal.

Posted by: Joey in Louisiana | Apr 8, 2014 10:21:43 AM

21. I'm only shocked it was a women he had an affair with.

Posted by: Jacob | Apr 8, 2014 10:35:47 AM

22. this is the guy who brought "duck dynasty" man to the State of the Union. Disgraceful.

Posted by: reality | Apr 8, 2014 11:06:39 AM

23. Sigh. Did they think the security camera can't see in the dark? And how did the person filming the security monitor know this would happen? Were they replaying a feed, or is this a routine occurrance?

Posted by: JJ | Apr 8, 2014 11:29:08 AM

24. It's OK to gloat, right?

Gloat. Gloat. Gloat.

Christians. Ya gotta love 'em.

Posted by: jamal49 | Apr 8, 2014 11:36:42 AM

25. In 3..2..1...he will parade his poor, sad looking wife in front of the cameras at an uncomfortable press conference and he will think all is forgiven by the people. This is the usual playbook by these "family values" politicians when they get their hands caught in the cookie jar. We've seen this story over and over again by these hypocrites and it is so predictable. Yawn.

Posted by: BETTY | Apr 8, 2014 11:49:39 AM