Music | Music Video | News | Oprah | Pharrell

Pharrell Does a 'Happy' Cry Over His Song's Success: VIDEO

Happy_pharrell

Pharrell, who has been making the talk show rounds (and declaring his belief in equality) this week, made a stop on Oprah Prime where Oprah pulled some grateful tears out of him by playing videos of regular peeps dancing to his track "Happy" on YouTube.

Watch the emotional moment, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via gawker)

Pharrell_oprah

Comments

1. Happy tears.

Posted by: Mastik8 | Apr 15, 2014 8:26:10 AM

2. Cries

Posted by: D | Apr 15, 2014 8:31:07 AM

3. D'awwwwwwwwww good for him. What a good guy.

Posted by: Mikey | Apr 15, 2014 8:37:21 AM

4. He's crying because even HE is sick of hearing this damn song! ;)

Posted by: D | Apr 15, 2014 9:05:55 AM

5. He deserves all this success. His performance at the Oscars was also amazing. The fact that he didn't get the award for best song is a shame.

Posted by: stingo | Apr 15, 2014 9:06:50 AM

6. Actually, I had the same reaction when originally saw that international version, too. I love the idea of his song reaching so many different people and communicating such a unified, positive idea.

Posted by: Princely | Apr 15, 2014 9:09:52 AM

7. I haven't watched Oprah in years. She comes across like a total phoney, all her expressions, gestures, words just seem designed for effect (and the fact she has no subtlety about it makes it even worse), no sincerity whatsoever.
    This woman is waaaaay too impressed with herself. She needs to pull that air hose out of her ass.

Posted by: Rolf | Apr 15, 2014 9:15:38 AM

8. Stop trying to make that hat happen.

Posted by: Qj201 | Apr 15, 2014 9:52:06 AM

9. people were starved for something happy

congrats to him & his talent

Posted by: Moz's | Apr 15, 2014 10:05:44 AM

10. Pharrell's foundation is a tax cheat...

Posted by: styler | Apr 15, 2014 10:09:40 AM

11. My husband would leave me for Pharrell so I have a little bit of love-hate thingy for him lol

Posted by: fistoffury | Apr 15, 2014 10:26:09 AM

12. It's GREAT - the guy.....I can't! He's so sexy, so handsome, so talented. And genuinely seems to be a truly great man. He gave the world an anthem of joy - even my parents are hooked on it! We need more people like him, please. Oh, such a dreamboat!

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Apr 15, 2014 12:34:48 PM

13. It's a fun song.

Posted by: jarago | Apr 15, 2014 5:54:10 PM

14. One major reason why Frozen's Let It Go won the Oscar instead of Happy is, to put it nicely the small, inbred of industry elites has the political last word with the final voting. (i.e. Oscar winner, 'Crash' instead of 'Brokeback Mountain' winning best film.)

Posted by: Sam | Apr 15, 2014 8:33:32 PM

15. Uh...Sam? The reason is more likely that the only song more guaranteed to get stuck in your head in the last 12 months than Happy was Let It Go.

I'd know. I've been belting Let It Go, about 18 times a day, every day, since I saw the film in December. It's a great song, that works brilliantly in the context of the story, and has a melodic hook that is Broadway-ready.

Happy is GREAT - i love it. But there were few things that made more people happy this winter than delivering "the cold never bothered me anyway" with a wink in their eye.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Apr 15, 2014 8:40:42 PM