Comments

1. EYEROLL says

Give it a rest Styler. They played a 2 minute joke on a teacher on April Fool’s Day and somehow you think student loans are being wasted? You are clearly the fool. For one thing: student loans is NOT in capitals. Obviously student loans were wasted on you.

2. JonnyNYNY2FLFL says

Not a fan of April Fool’s pranks, but that was perfect. The girl was clever & the professor was cool.

3. mdnc says

That is a college moment that all of them will remember forever. Sometimes it’s more than book learning, it’s about experiences – good, bad, mundane, sad and funny. THAT is what college is about.

4. Dastius Krazitauc says

“However, I wonder if it gave him pause to reconsider his policy of putting personal calls on speakerphone? I can think of several scenarios where involuntary public disclosure of private communications could lead to legal consequences.”

I think the point of the policy was to encourage students to turn off their phones during class. There is plenty of time outside of class to have those phone calls.

5. Marc C says

Learning comes best from being attentive. Humor and laughing would promote attentiveness. I found nothing at all funny written by either STYLER or STEVE. What does that say?

6. says

I think the teacher has a lot of tact, immediately offering a public apology for making the student take a potentially embarrassing call on speaker. His reaction to finding out it was a joke was also pure class — he didn’t retaliate even a tiny bit, but rather acknowledged that she got him and seemed to appreciate the creativity.

Very well played. They love him all the more for being such a good sport.

7. ThomT says

I’ll bet you many students learn more in his class than most they take. He willingness to give and take shows a rapport with students that so many teachers no longer seem to have. I’d have loved a class like his.