Comments

1. UFFDA says

She’s too good for the industry which will (I bet) shut her down for being unprofessional because being professional is always following the joyless, deadpan party line where there is no place for fun or variation which couldn’t be less like life itself.

2. BobC562 says

Actually, SWA is o.k. with these kinds of pre-flight announcements, they toned it down after 9/11 but they’ve started allowing them again. Take a look at Delta’s pre-flight announcements, especially the Holiday one, and you’ll see they’re trying to incorporate some humor. Same with Virgin America. I’ve heard this FA’s schtick on a couple of my SWA trips, it’s a refreshing change.

3. BobC562 says

4. TampaZeke says

Everyone loved it but the guy in the second row who sat through the whole thing with his lips pursed and a disapproving look on his face. Bet he’s a JOY at parties!

5. Matt27 says

At least everyone is paying attention! Usually people, who think they know it all already don’t pay any attention to these safety information calls. Airline should be happy. She gave the facts but made it sound fun.

6. NOTICE says

Isn’t SW Airlines the most homophobic anti-gay airline in the US? Isn’t this the airline that likes to kick people off for holding hands and kissing?

A little Southwestern humor isn’t enough for me to forget that.

7. Vera says

Reminds me of the year I spent doing graduate work at Kruger National Park as a Safari Tour Guide. The problem with my funny speeches is that in some tours, a lot of people didn’t speak more than basic English. Kind of kills the mood…

8. B. Wilson says

@NOTICE
    SWA is a very gay friendly organization. They have been for many years. Like any large organization they have had a few bad apple employees, and a few questionable interactions. In most cases they dealt with it by suspending or firing the employee involved.
    SWA has lobbied politically on LGBT rights, sponsors LGBT organizations like GLAAD, advertise in LGBT media, and in straight media with LGBT ads.
    A few incidents is not enough to turn me off of SWA

9. emjayay says

Yeah, Southwest has a tradition of this kind of thing and I’m sure she was so fast with all the jokes because she came up with them slowly over the years of doing the announcement many times.

10. emjayay says

11. erasure25 says

Very funny! And yes SWA flight attendants often add humor to their preflight instructions. And that guy in the front left side is cute!!