EastSiders | Kickstarter | Video | Web Series

'EastSiders' Chats With Cute Gay Hipsters About Life And Sex In East L.A. - VIDEO

Es_1

To promote the Kickstarter crowd-funding campaign for their second season, EastSiders — the web series about gay infidelity in Los Angeles — interviewed real residents of the east side of L.A. to ask them about their cultural, social and sexual experiences there.

It features a bunch of cute gay hipsters including Towleroad writer Sean Mandell and LOGO TV’s John Polly.

Watch the video AFTER THE JUMP…

Comments

1. They are all so cute. Definitely hipsters, but damn that one guy in the overalls. Farm boy fantasies. Farm boy fantasies.

Posted by: Rob | May 7, 2014 1:42:06 PM

2. hmm...

Posted by: mark | May 7, 2014 1:42:59 PM

3. This is East Hollywood, maybe, but not East Los Angeles.

Posted by: Jim | May 7, 2014 1:43:39 PM

4. Not this east la crap again-- east side as in not west hollywood. It's not about river, it's about the gay bars ;)

Can we just agree that the guys are cute?

Posted by: Cort | May 7, 2014 2:18:26 PM

5. Jim, I whole-heartedly agree. East Hollywood - DEF NOT East LA.

Posted by: D | May 7, 2014 2:21:32 PM

6. Agreed, Jim and D. Cort, I'm fine calling it the "East Side" as in not West Hollywood, but "East L.A." is it's own formal place.

Posted by: S | May 7, 2014 2:28:39 PM

7. "I wouldn't want to live anywhere else."

Oh to be young and naive.

Posted by: LouinLarchmont | May 7, 2014 2:33:25 PM

8. "we have every type of gay here"....not in my experience--nothing for me to relate to. This looks typically insipid.

Posted by: woodroad34 | May 7, 2014 2:52:28 PM

9. Doesn't work for me as a promo for the web series, which I did not care for and quit after a handful of episodes. I think the stereotype of gay hipsterism = East Side is a little outdated, but I don't much haunt the gay hangouts when I find myself on the east side - so perhaps its an enduring trope.

Posted by: Zlick | May 7, 2014 3:18:12 PM

10. I'd never call it "East L.A." that's obviously another neighborhood. I mean, it's literally on the map. But the east side of LA? Absolutely.

I loved the web series and will be giving to the kickstarter for season two this week.

Posted by: Cort | May 7, 2014 4:09:51 PM

11. So much time on the hair in The Left Side. Those twisted, twisted mustaches are creepy. Youth always "looks" good. Melrose was big in the 80's. I prefer the Westside of LA. Places that don't have to sell themselves. I like having PCH close, and quick driving access to Malibu and beaches north.

Posted by: Gary | May 7, 2014 4:12:08 PM

12. This would be like living in the Everglades to Southbeach or Weston to Ft. Lauderdale? Except no gay in their right mind would live west of 95. Never been to LA, would like to soon.

Posted by: Jason B. | May 7, 2014 4:27:44 PM

13. i'm confused.

Posted by: fsinsd | May 7, 2014 4:59:10 PM

14. I think one of the guys in the video meant "We have every type of WHITE gay guy here." Seriously, in a city as diverse as LA, this basically lily white crowd is all you can muster?

Posted by: Publius | May 7, 2014 5:45:35 PM

15. I think there were a couple of Latinos in the video- ( and why not more of the beauty in the overalls?!)

Posted by: jarago | May 7, 2014 6:06:55 PM

16. Really? No black people? No Asians? Come on.

Posted by: sableton | May 7, 2014 7:14:10 PM

17. I don't know how people are saying this video is all white. I myself am mexican, and I'm in this vid. Also there's men of indian and middle eastern descent here, beyond a few more latinos. There were also black men on the shoot, but this short teaser cut is only a small percentage of the footage shot.

Overall I don't think their intention was to make an incredibly deep and all encompassing video on gay men of the eastside, but more a silly teaser commercial with a few gay men that live on the eastern side of los angeles, not specifically "east l.a."

Posted by: Gregory | May 7, 2014 7:42:34 PM

18. These twits will come and go. At best, possibly a few of their novel looks will be stolen by straights and appear in the Mid-West in a few years.

Posted by: GB | May 7, 2014 8:39:37 PM

19. I'll pass.

Posted by: Howard B | May 7, 2014 8:53:09 PM

20. Wow. That was annoying.

Posted by: Basil Brush | May 7, 2014 9:40:02 PM

21. Farmers markets, pilates and salvador dali tatoos... this is the grossest snapshot of mostly white but a couple token poc gays as usual east sider yuppies and gentrification fetishists. Real east la gays will never be covered in a web series and for that I'm thankful.

Posted by: Rose | May 8, 2014 12:23:48 AM

22. The most boring thing I've ever watched

Posted by: Leon | May 8, 2014 2:09:37 AM

23. THEY. ARE. THE. WORST.

Posted by: chip | May 8, 2014 2:30:29 PM

24. UGH. All of them are awful. All trying to be different but they're all the exact same starved-for-attention, look-at-me, tank-topped, tattooed, bearded carbon copy of one another. SNORE.

Posted by: oye | May 8, 2014 2:32:52 PM