AIDS/HIV | Jimmy Fallon | Matt Bomer | News | The Normal Heart

Matt Bomer Talks About His 'Normal Heart' Role with Jimmy Fallon: VIDEO

Fallon_bomer

Matt Bomer sat down with Jimmy Fallon on Tuesday night to talk about his upcoming role in The Normal Heart, for which he lost 40 pounds. Bomer says he fasted for 21 days and went on an "extremely regimented diet."

Says Bomer of recalling the early days of the AIDS crisis: "The amount of social injustice is insane. It just lights a fire in your belly."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

For all our coverage of The Normal Heart, click HERE.

Comments

1. I didn't realize that he played a Normal Heart role with Jimmy Fallon. :)

Posted by: TampaZeke | May 8, 2014 9:25:59 AM

2. Important project and handsome guy.

Posted by: Matt27 | May 8, 2014 9:32:59 AM

3. Nice clip from the movie.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | May 8, 2014 10:16:38 AM

4. Jimmy Fallon was very nice to him, but they tip-toed around the fact that AIDS affected gay men in the beginning - you can feel the tenseness there.

Posted by: David From Canada | May 8, 2014 10:39:04 AM

5. Gay life before "Glee" and "The New Normal," which has attempted to provide a template for today's gay world has missed the mark for me. Curious to see how Murphy tackles this project. We will know because we lived it, when being a gay was a more risky adventure -- taking more guts and bravery, in the quest to find contact, and perhaps love, in a "straight" world. No doubt AIDS was a horrific tragedy for us--coming just after the "gay golden age" of the 1970's. I lost many friends, and my older brother. Yet, I wouldn't have wanted to come out at any other time in history. The music, the courage and the energy of our youth did not belong to the "Rock Generation." The new gay culture was ours alone, an identity that would give rise to even greater societal changes, as witnessed today. Murphy does get 1981 right, and it brought a tear to my eye--but not marriage tears.

Posted by: Bebout | May 8, 2014 1:51:08 PM

6. Did he say "brave group of women"?

Posted by: Daniel | May 8, 2014 2:19:15 PM

7. He said "brave group of women and men".

Posted by: james | May 8, 2014 2:47:29 PM

8. My husband and I are eagerly awaiting the premiere of The Normal Heart. May 25 on HBO. Can hardly wait.

Posted by: Howard B | May 8, 2014 3:39:02 PM

9. My husband and I are eagerly awaiting the premiere of The Normal Heart. May 25 on HBO. Can hardly wait.

Posted by: Howard B | May 8, 2014 3:39:04 PM

10. My husband and I are eagerly awaiting the premiere of The Normal Heart. May 25 on HBO. Can hardly wait.

Posted by: Howard B | May 8, 2014 3:39:05 PM

11. HOWAR B: Three mentions of your "husband?" Reads like dead weight on the comments.

Posted by: BEBOUT | May 8, 2014 4:43:14 PM

12. Can't wait for the movie, but one note of criticism - it's always the suffering of white gay males that we're supposed to cry over it seems.

Posted by: prick#4556 | May 8, 2014 4:48:08 PM

13. Well, he probably has smelled a few things offensive. Women and men? Like how Fallon calls him "Buddy." He seems 10 minutes from gay himself.

Posted by: Arrow | May 8, 2014 5:16:59 PM

14. HOWARD B: It's really tragic that those who died didn't get to play the pretend husband and wife game too!!

Posted by: Arrow | May 8, 2014 5:26:14 PM