I'm Gay | News | Science

Greg and Mitch, the Guys Behind ASAP Science, Come Out as Gay: VIDEO

Asapscience

Greg and Mitch, the guys behind the wildly popular ASAP Science videos we often feature on Towleroad, have never officially come out of the closet online, until yesterday. They said they felt the need to come out because of the trolling, homophobic comments they receive on some of their videos. They have also been a couple for seven years!

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. They're adorable.

Posted by: Jay | Jun 12, 2014 9:15:41 AM

2. Love them!

Posted by: Tim Miller | Jun 12, 2014 9:16:15 AM

3. They're awesome!

Posted by: Jack M | Jun 12, 2014 9:23:45 AM

4. They're awesome!

Posted by: Jack M | Jun 12, 2014 9:26:32 AM

5. I love them, what great role models and cute couple

Posted by: RONTEX | Jun 12, 2014 9:26:50 AM

6. Well said and well done, guys! Thanks! And congratulations on 7+ years as a couple!

Posted by: Mitch | Jun 12, 2014 9:29:09 AM

7. That's awesome!

It's like a Big Bang Theory fan fantasy just came true!

Posted by: TampaZeke | Jun 12, 2014 9:33:22 AM

8. Hurray!!!! They are excellent!
    As a scientist in academia, I can say that there are plenty of openly gay scientists in my field. I had gay mentors and role models as a grad student, and I have tried to be a role model and mentor to the students with whom I work.
    Science Rules!!!!

Posted by: S | Jun 12, 2014 9:36:26 AM

9. Hurray!!!! They are excellent!
    Science Rules!!!!

Posted by: S | Jun 12, 2014 9:39:23 AM

10. Stellar presentation guys. You give me some hope for the for the future of the planet and for humankind. Your intrepid fierceness for equal justice, liberty and the light of knowledge will carry the day.

Posted by: Greg | Jun 12, 2014 9:54:12 AM

11. I hate them. but only because I am bitter and jealous.

Posted by: Critifur | Jun 12, 2014 10:02:58 AM

12. Me too, CRITIFUR, and I add that I am also old and fat, two things that all gay men secretly hate and so hate those that are. I say this from long experience. Gay men whine, oh we love you too, and it's all a lie. All they want is to be hot and find someone else hot who won't sleep around on them while they themselves have as many dalliances as they choose.

Posted by: BrokebackBob | Jun 12, 2014 10:10:53 AM

13. Not only are they doing such insightful and interesting videos, they are intelligent and wonderful role models. Another great video and what a great way to take on the whole troll thing up front.

Oh, yes, congratulations on being a couple, and such an adorable couple, too!

Posted by: Ari | Jun 12, 2014 10:12:46 AM

14. They're super cute (like their videos) but... Wasn't this already known?

Posted by: S. | Jun 12, 2014 10:12:56 AM

15. Congrats, but, you could see heir flames from satellites.

Posted by: AJ | Jun 12, 2014 10:19:58 AM

16. Love these guys & their vids...

Perhaps we've discovered the real reason conservatives are afraid of science... it's hip with the gayz!!!

;)

Posted by: pete n sfo | Jun 12, 2014 10:27:44 AM

17. I love them even more than I already did, and that's saying a lot.
    You go boys!

Posted by: Marc | Jun 12, 2014 10:37:07 AM

18. Both of those things were crazy obvious. But good for them.

Posted by: Chris | Jun 12, 2014 10:57:28 AM

19. Nice video. I agree with S (the first S) - there are a lot of LGBT groups in technology companies and universities - so I don't think we're too hard to find.

AJ - were you going for "higher?"

Posted by: Alan | Jun 12, 2014 11:12:09 AM

20. I am so proud of these two representatives both in the field of science and the lgbt community. They will go far and I hope encourage many other's to aspire to follow whatever dreams may come!

Posted by: Gaiboi | Jun 12, 2014 11:25:28 AM

21. BROKEBACKBOB, I say this with all seriousness. love and compassion. Find an EFT practitioner to help you process and heal from your hurt, anger and bitterness. Once you do you'll discover that the gay community is not monolithic and it's not true that there aren't gay people who love and are attracted to "fat and old" people. You may find that it's actually the anger and bitterness that people in your life find unattractive.

Posted by: TampaZeke | Jun 12, 2014 11:25:36 AM

22. If you're old and fat and bitching about guys not wanting to date you because you're old and fat you're probably as guilty as they are. Let's face it, are you settled down with someone else who's old and fat or holding out for someone who isn't? That's like a guy sitting at home complaining that he can't afford a Corvette when he could at least get from point A to point B in the used Cavalier that he probably can afford.

Posted by: Bill | Jun 12, 2014 11:28:50 AM

23. A quick glance and not surprised but still awesome!

Posted by: Sam | Jun 12, 2014 11:37:21 AM

24. I always wondered what they looked like..they are so adorkable! I knew they'd be cute!

Posted by: Kyle | Jun 12, 2014 11:54:05 AM

25. Awwww, adorable. I've always loved their videos.

Posted by: Icarus | Jun 12, 2014 12:35:34 PM