Comments

1. Akrontru says

I didn’t see anything stupid here. These people are athletic, experienced, and aware of their environment. And they were good enough to share their unusual and fantastic day.

I’m hard-pressed to understand the motives of the critics here. You don’t like water sports? Athletic bodies? Straight folks? Acrophobic?

btw, I’m 62 and I can swim and dive better than Shelly Winters. If I were invited to join these guys I’d jump at it.

2. UFFDA says

Hey where were the “people of color”? How can us white folk possibly have fun with so much guilt beating down on us like the sun. Derrick from Philly and Jamal are mad (again). Those shameless young people should go right back into their houses and spend more time thinking about the appropriatness of their joy, not to mention their gene pool.

3. kevin says

Looks fun, but look at the water. What sort of affect is all of that soap going to have on wildlife (trout, bald eagles)? You don’t need soap to slip and slide.

4. JSB says

Don’t get all the negativity in the comments on almost every Towleroad article.

Wish I was brave enough to do this, looks like a lot of fun. Naked would not be fun at the speed they are hitting the water or the friction from belly sliding down, I appreciate my junk to much, OUCH!

5. Tyler says

Oh hey, Fake Tyler (aka Rick). I see you’re posting transphobic comments under my name again, even though everyone knows I’m a huge supporter of Trans rights. But hey: make your tolling as obvious as possible.

I would have caught this sooner but I was sleeping in after a wonderful night out with friends (you don’t have any friends, so I don’t expect you to understand that.

Thank you for brining your transphobia into every story because it makes your crazy just that more obvious.

6. Tyler says

7. Honesty says

at first i was like, “they’re so dumb” and then i was like, “they’re just having a good time, why hate?” and then finally I was like, “ok they’re getting welts and losing teeth while doing this… they’re idiots…” (A play by play)

8. Tyler says

Fake Tyler (Rick): you’re aware of the fact that I can see you, right? I will always call you out when you post transphobic bs under my name.

I’m not saying you should throw yourself off a cliff and kill yourself. But I am saying that nobody would miss you if you did.

9. Tatts says

I do not understand the haters here. Those guys are out on Lake Powell, in extraordinary scenery, on gorgeous days, having fun–and earning a living doing it.

Oh, wait, now I understand. Jealousy. You looked down at your Cheetos-stained fingers and the water-stained carpet in you basement room and you realized that there are people who aren’t doomed to live a life like yours.

It looks like a blast; I’d go in a second.

10. SteveInDE says

I can’t imagine doing anything like that, but what I wouldn’t give to have the memories these folks now have after such an experience.

11. Larry says

Although that looked amazing, and was probably a lot of fun, I cringed. Quite a lot of people have broken their necks and became paralyzed on slip and slides.

12. Rick says

The hostility you see in this thread is similar to the kind of hostility you see among effeminate gay men towards other masculine activities–(football, boxing, etc.)

Anything that reminds them of their own deficient masculinity and cowardice is a source of bitterness and anger to them, a reminder of why they don’t like themselves very much (and shouldn’t)…..and so they lash out at such activities and the participants in them.

I suspect that those whose comments are more positive are not of the effeminate variety.

13. Tired says

You show me a gay man who denigrates “effeminate men” and I’ll show you a boy whose father resented having a gay son. Rick, every time you come on Towleroad to anonymously vent your anger, what you’re really telling everyone is that your family was ashamed to call you their son.

14. Derrick from Philly says

@” Derrick from Philly and Jamal are mad (again). Those shameless young people should go right back into their houses …”

What?

I couldn’t give a bourbon smelling poop about those crazy-ass boys. They can jump off the damn Grand Canyon for all I care. And you can join ’em, Uffda, Rick, Enchantra, Litper, Petey (nick name for your penis)… or whatever the f.ckin’ posting name you’re using for today.

Rick, it’s something how you killed off David Hagatha Hearne. I hated the b1tch, but the old gal didn’t deserve to die…well, not yet.

15. EchtKultig says

OMG…apparently Towleroad doesn’t realize that this guy is a Mormon filmmaker (“Devinsupertramp”), that most of the people who appear in his videos are Mormon, and that these videos are probably being funded by the Mormon church, to make it look “hip”?

16. EchtKultig says

Rick, I’m not effeminate, but I don’t like Mormon astroturf. (google it) I’m surprised nobody has cracked the case on this propaganda. A couple years or so ago I looked at all his erstwhile videos…you will never see a drop of alcohol in them as you’d expect for “studs hangin’ out” videos. Back then, if you posted comments about that aspect of the videos – and I wasn’t the only one who tried – he would delete the comments. However, the videos were linked to from various Mormon blogs around the net. Again, to say, “look at how hip and cool us Mormons can be”.