Aviation | Chicago | San Francisco | Travel | Video | YouTube

Flight Attendant Replaces Safety Announcement With Hilarious Sassy Speech: VIDEO

Flight_attendant

On a San Francisco to Chicago flight June 17th, a male flight attendant replaced the usual safety announcement with a sassy speech.

The unidentified attendant said that seat belts should be “low and tight across your hips just like the hot pink Speedo I’m going to be wearing when I get the [other flight attendants] to a hotel hot tub tonight.”

According to YouTube uploader David London, the attendant also threw a cocktail party half way through the flight.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP

You may recall another sassy Southwest attendant from this clip that went viral back in April. Seems as though they're trying to take some of the drudgery out of air travel.

Comments

1. *sigh* I miss sissies.

Posted by: Ian | Jun 20, 2014 9:28:46 AM

2. Southwest has always been the only airline where flight attendants can act out. When they started their thing was all the "stewardesses" wore hot pants.

Posted by: MIke | Jun 20, 2014 9:53:15 AM

3. LOL.

He was fabulous!

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 20, 2014 9:59:45 AM

4. When's the last time you actually paid attention to all that safety blather, anyway? Most times, my nose is in a book. The airlines need more spiels like his!

Posted by: Burt | Jun 20, 2014 10:17:03 AM

5. Chicago to SF usually had great sass factor.

Posted by: zeddy | Jun 20, 2014 11:27:19 AM

6. Chicago to SF usually had great sass factor.

Posted by: zeddy | Jun 20, 2014 11:27:19 AM

7. Hilarious :)

Posted by: Shawn | Jun 20, 2014 11:29:29 AM

8. Glad I wasn't on that flight.

Posted by: bford | Jun 20, 2014 11:46:14 AM

9. Pretty good...in a fruity kind of San Francisco way. Better than most of the Princesses found on line with their fashion news, house hunting and science blab.

How about just a witty man in regular guy mode.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jun 20, 2014 1:06:28 PM

10. Might be fun for passengers, but try being a crew member on a 3 or 4 day trip hearing this 4 legs a day...

Posted by: GmanSTL | Jun 20, 2014 1:50:21 PM

11. It would have been so funny if that was Shirley Q Liquor doing her Ebonics Airways routine hahaha

Posted by: Heartboy | Jun 20, 2014 1:57:21 PM

12. I would've loved this it makes the flight that much more interesting and you wonder what the host will say or do next, lol. Love this: the rest of y'all need to loosen up a bit and breathe, seriously.

Posted by: Troy | Jun 20, 2014 2:06:24 PM

13. @ "It would have been so funny if that was Shirley Q Liquor doing her Ebonics Airways routine hahaha"

If she was, then it would have been even funnier if there were 4 terrorists on Shirley's flight with box cutters. ha ha ha.

Some good Samaritan would yell, "...guys get the b1tch in black face first!"

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 20, 2014 2:10:59 PM

14. Good fun!

Posted by: Jon | Jun 20, 2014 2:50:30 PM

15. Shirley Q Liquor is a minstrel show. Why would that be funny unless you're an ignorant bigot?

Posted by: Brian W. | Jun 20, 2014 6:45:52 PM

16. That was cute and made me smile!

Posted by: Howard | Jun 20, 2014 8:26:41 PM

17. LOVE him!!!

Posted by: Dr. Christopher Blackwell | Jun 21, 2014 1:28:30 AM

18. I've totally got a boner after watching that video.

Posted by: Brick | Jun 21, 2014 7:38:19 AM

19. Both the man speaking and the woman assisting the safety talk are extremely attentive to everyone aboard. There's solid professionalism and cordiality underlying their good humor.

Posted by: BigGuy | Jun 21, 2014 8:58:50 AM

20. Not funny. Not at all. Gay men reject these old "50's stereotypes and mockery. There is a way to have fun with this issue. This is not it. The Flight Attendant is not at all funny. I say this as a gay veteran over 60 and I mean it sincerely. This is insulting.

Posted by: thomas | Jun 21, 2014 2:57:36 PM

21. I agree with you Thomas.

Posted by: Peter NZ | Jun 21, 2014 5:34:38 PM

22. As a Flight Attendant of many years, I'm of two minds on this.

One the one hand, it would be nice to inject a little bit of humor into the safety demonstration. Any company I've worked for (and due to bankrupcy/mergers/acquisitions etc, there have been several) has a strict policy that demonstrations and announcements be done seriously and by the book.

I got disciplined once because a passenger complained about me saying "please ensure you have all of your personal belongings before you leave - anything left behind will be greatly appreciated by your crew".

On the other hand, when I see some of these witty demonstrations, I wonder how many people are paying attention to the relevant content. One that I saw completely missed the "put your mask on first" in a decompression aspect.

Every flight I do, I seem to run into parents who insist that they'll put their little darlings mask on first. Given that depending on altitude, you've got 5-10 seconds of useful consciousness - that'll leave your kid down one parent.

People joke about the seat belt, but they don't realize that the reason we have to do it is because in an emergency (and I've seen this first hand) people seem to forget that its not like your car seatbelt (unless you drive an antique). Precious seconds are wasted by them looking for the button to press.

Posted by: Kyle | Jun 22, 2014 11:02:37 AM

23. All the haters that posted that this video was anything but fantastic can just take the bus -forever- and are invited to never fly Southwest again. And as far as the other crew members getting tired of the comedy, it's your job, get over it. It's not about you, it's about the customer. I would have chuckled the entire flight. Comedy brings people together and when your in a metal tube going 500 miles an hour at 35,000 feet, you need comedy! I think all the flight crew should have a schtick, lord knows the gentleman in this video could give them all lessons.

Posted by: BrokebackBob | Jun 22, 2014 12:53:34 PM