Music Video

Lady GaGa's Producer Releases Debut Single 'B Who U R': VIDEO

Cary NoKey B Who U R

Rob Fusari is the man responsible for the creation of pop idol Lady Gaga, wrote her hit song "Paparazzi", and produced her album The Fame. Now he's branching out on his own and released the dance single "B Who U R" under the drag queen-esque name Cary NoKey. The Gaga connection is apparent, as well as some possible inspiration from Boy George and even a dash of Elton John. There is also an unfortunate misuse of auto-tune that is neither subtle nor self-aware.

You can watch the official music video and decide if it belongs on your playlist AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I dislike Gaga with a very strong dislike. Having said that i feel the writer of this piece has never heard a Boy George or Elton John song as it does not sound like either of them. The use of auto tune is much far less than the writer states, i was surprised how little there was based on how it is overused by today's artists. This song is not horrible in the slightest, rather surprisingly so. The negative introduction by the writer already as people assuming it will suck when it actually doesn't.

Posted by: Shalako | Jun 8, 2014 10:22:36 AM

2. I like the song. The chorus is especially good. Unfortunately, the singing is bad. It could have been a summer hit with a decent vocalist.

Posted by: Chip | Jun 8, 2014 10:50:33 AM

3. It sounds more 80's Berlin inspired... with maybe a little Pete Burns thrown in for good measure. It may do alright in the clubs

Posted by: RONTEX | Jun 8, 2014 11:03:59 AM

4. I couldn't finish it yet. Yes, the song production has some professionalism to it but the article writer is right, the vocals are blatantly auto-tuned and not even in a subtle way. A real singer would have been better. The lyrics are also pretty trite. And the sound is already dated. Sure, around the Fame-era this would fit in but it's now 4 years too late.

Posted by: SpaceCadet | Jun 8, 2014 11:53:33 AM

5. Less Berlin and more a pretty close ripoff of Eurythimics. Annie should sue.

Posted by: Sean Maloney | Jun 8, 2014 11:53:34 AM

6. *Eurythmics.

Posted by: Sean Maloney | Jun 8, 2014 11:53:59 AM

7. It's like an 80's jukebox tossed in a blender.

"I wear my sunglasses at night" + "Flock of Seagulls" + "Information Society"

I be old...I owned them all on vinyl as a teen.

Posted by: Qj201 | Jun 8, 2014 12:13:46 PM

8. I like it. High NRG. Very 80's. I thought vocals were fine. Great beat.

Posted by: Tom | Jun 8, 2014 1:33:59 PM

9. Not bad

Posted by: Tristram | Jun 8, 2014 1:44:27 PM

10. Not bad

Posted by: Tristram | Jun 8, 2014 1:44:27 PM

11. I liked the vocals, yes it is auto-tuned but it was edgy, fun and pleasant. I'm a fan.

Posted by: Jay | Jun 8, 2014 2:03:48 PM

12. He is PARTLY responsible for the creation of Lady Gaga, he CO-wrote Paparazzi. He produced 3 songs on the Fame, that's it. He didn't produce or help write her breakout singles which were "Just Dance" or "Pokerface" for that matter (or Bad Romance). I think this guy has lost his mind a bit - and hasn't gotten over the fact that his relationship with Gaga is over.

Posted by: steve | Jun 8, 2014 2:37:39 PM

13. I'm not sure if this is just an example of lazy journalism or if the author of this post is aiming to belittle Gaga's contribution to her own work. Either way Christian Walters's overly editorialized and ill researched article is neither subtle nor self-aware.

Rob Fusari is credited with co-producing just three songs on The Fame not the entire album as the article suggests, he also co-wrote and co-produced Paparazzi with Lady Gaga herself.

Elton John and Boy George? No. Ke$ha and Rebecca Black? Yes.

Posted by: Thomas | Jun 8, 2014 5:05:17 PM

14. this sounds NOTHING like Elton John or Boy George. more like Cory Hart (Sunglasses At Night) or Eurythmics (Sweet Dreams) meets Kele Okereke/Bloc Party ... very little auto-tune used too.

Posted by: j | Jun 8, 2014 6:26:03 PM

15. Real Life (Send Me An Angel) too

Posted by: j | Jun 8, 2014 6:34:06 PM

16. This guy "created" Gaga? I know hating on her is easy, but come on, lady.

Posted by: Robert | Jun 9, 2014 1:24:19 AM

17. Eye R knot impressed.

Posted by: Mark | Jun 9, 2014 4:22:41 AM

18. Wow...yaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn! No wonder people like the racist little cuntJustin Bieber and the screaming girl Ariana Grande.

Posted by: You're Irritating | Jun 9, 2014 4:49:16 AM

19. Awfully written article, great song with a great message. No auto-tune. Try searching some of his other stuff- true talent there.

Posted by: Jessica | Jun 9, 2014 10:00:38 AM

20. I got the pleasure of seeing him live in NYC last week and was blown away. You shouldn't judge until you see him live or listen to a few other songs. I'm surprised that this journalist could get away with such a negative "review" with nothing to back it up.

Posted by: Steve458 | Jun 9, 2014 10:04:05 AM

21. I don't think he is the one going around taking credit for all of his work with GaGa- again it's the media that builds these things up.

Posted by: Ryan | Jun 9, 2014 10:10:00 AM