Meghan McCain, Three Others Join GLAAD Board of Directors

Republican pundit and Senator's daughter Meghan McCain joined the Board of Directors at GLAAD, the organization announced today.

MccainAlso joining its board: Executive Vice President, Commercial Services at Hilton Worldwide Jeff Diskin; Harvard Law School professor and venture capitalist with August Capital, David Hornik; and Managing Director at Opportunities for Women, Linda Riley.

Said GLAAD President & CEO Sarah Kate Ellis: "Equality is no longer a partisan issue. For years, Meghan McCain has lent her voice and platform to spreading messages of acceptance across party lines. Now, as the American south and our heartland move closer to LGBT equality, it's critical that we continue to build the bridges that unite us in our common ground – whether you're republican or democrat, gay or straight."

Comments

1. Yuri says

“Equality is no longer a partisan issue. For years, Meghan McCain has lent her voice and platform to spreading messages of acceptance across party lines. Now, as the American south and our heartland move closer to LGBT equality, it’s critical that we continue to build the bridges that unite us in our common ground – whether you’re republican or democrat, gay or straight.”

and white…

2. raul415 says

Yuri I don’t know what you’re talking about. While it’s true that McCain has been a supporter of the gay community she also campaigned for and still defends her homophobic father.

I suppose I just don’t care what she does.

3. Mike says

LOL, I guess MSNBC “let her go” from their contract, despite the fact I doubt she’s been on their network in 2 or more years. She’s just hired to Republican bash, then gets set to the side.

4. Mike says

5. simon says

Her father not only homophobic, he is also a war monger who wants US troops to stay in Afghanistan indefinitely. He also blamed the current admin. for the presence of al-Qaida in Iraq.

6. tim S says

What a bad choice, but like most non or not for profits, the board is probably made up of the largest donors.

I do not trust her one bit, and this has made GLAAD less trustworthy.

7. tim S says

I do not trust her one bit, and this has made GLAAD less trustworthy.