News: Jake Gyllenhaal, ENDA, Tel Aviv, Harrison Ford

RoadMormon Church threatens activists with excommunication.

RoadJewish kids misled into participating in music video for Israeli transsexual star Dana International shot in synagogue, parents say.

2_gyllenhaalRoadJake Gyllenhaal to make Broadway debut..."in British playwright Nick Payne's acclaimed experimental drama Constellations, which explores the potential of love, friendship and free will against a background of quantum physics."

RoadLana Del Rey: "I wish I was dead already".

RoadAdam Lambert teams up with AT&T for 'Live Proud' campaign.

RoadU.S. Senator Thad Cochran causes stir with remarks about doing indecent things with animals: "Cochran in his speech opening was telling of his family connections to the Pine Belt area, where as a child he would often visit his grandmother in the country. He joked about 'doing all sorts of indecent things with animals' as a kid. The audience appeared to take it as intended -- a joke, apparently about harassing wildlife or livestock."

RoadVIDEO: J Lo and Pitbull open the World Cup.

RochereRoadPope holds private Mass with head of French anti-gay group Manif Pour Tous.

RoadState LGBT groups split on ENDA's religious exemption: "A number of statewide LGBT groups this week expressed concerns about the religious exemption in the Employment Non-Discrimination Act. Four groups — FreedomOhio, Equality New Mexico, the Transgender Education Network of Texas and Wyoming Equality — now say they won’t support the bill with the current exemption."

RoadSmart cup knows what you're drinking.

RoadTrans Latina teenager being held in solitary confinement in women's prison in Connecticut: "I have been sitting in this prison for a month now and there is no plan to get me out. I am suffering in here. I'm having trouble sleeping and I'm not eating much. I cry in bed every night. I can't be myself in this place. I feel forgotten and thrown away… DCF is supposed to be helping me, right? If this is helping me then I'm all set with being helped. I would be a lot better off being on my own. It seems like you're my last chance to get out of here. Don't forget about me. I can't take another month of this."

RoadMagic Mike XXL is still waiting on Alex Pettyfer.

RoadHarrison Ford injured on set of Star Wars: Episode VII.

TelavivRoadConservative Facebook trolls incensed by the US Embassy in Tel Aviv raising the Pride flag next to the American flag: “This flag being hoisted next to the American flag is inappropriate. How is this "gay pride flag" representative of all Americans? The answer is, it is not! This flag needs to come down.”

Road80,000 hit the streets for Israeli Pride in Tel Aviv. "Tel Aviv's openness to gays stands in contrast to conservative Jerusalem, just a short drive away, home to some of the holiest sites to Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Still, Jerusalem has a small gay scene and an annual pride parade, albeit on a much smaller scale."

RoadGay former BP CEO John Browne says 'glass closet' still holds many gay workers back: "If you look at the S&P 500, there isn't one out gay CEO. So, it is a clubby experience. I mean, I think many people have an unconscious bias, they do tend to select people like themselves, and so therefore they [exclude] people who are a bit different. ... Hiding sexuality is something which takes away from the overall productivity, the way in which people work, and it's bound to do something which is not good for business."

Comments

1. Lana needs HELP. I bet the conservative trolls dunno that the flag is only there for pride month.

Posted by: Patrick | Jun 13, 2014 4:14:23 PM

2. Oh Lana you ain't the only one.

Posted by: Lazycrockett | Jun 13, 2014 4:24:00 PM

3. Tim Cook? CEO of Apple? I believe he's out, he's just doesn't talk about his personal life much...

Posted by: tbd | Jun 13, 2014 4:37:36 PM

4. On the Mormons: 1. they lost a BUNCHA people over Prop 8, tossing more people out? Such bad PR. 2. There is at least one alternative Mormon church. This has been true for a long time. There was a tiny building near the WA St U campus when I was there up to 1980 that was part of the Reform or Reorganized Church that was founded in a reaction AGAINST polygamy and the associated "life sealing", a planet of one's own after death, etc, etc, etc. When they ran out of direct male heirs, they even considered ordaining women [ghasp!] so a daughter could be the next prophet. I'm sure they drive Mormons kinda crazy.

Posted by: ben~andy | Jun 13, 2014 4:49:26 PM

5. Aren't these the same Mormon leaders who screamed that the excellent movie "Latter Days" was in error when it depicted excommunication from the Mormon church JUST FOR BEING GAY? Of course the movie and the director C. Jay Cox were dead right all along!

Posted by: Mike | Jun 13, 2014 4:56:59 PM

6. What? Did you guys see in the above picture that Poop Francis is accepting a "one man one woman" T-shirt from that homophobe. If any one still under the illusion this is a more enlightened Poop, they can be dead wrong.

Posted by: simon | Jun 13, 2014 5:12:17 PM

7. "Poop Francis"? Are we in third grade?

Posted by: Evan C | Jun 13, 2014 5:54:39 PM

8. "Poop Francis"? Are we in third grade?

Posted by: Evan C | Jun 13, 2014 5:54:45 PM

9. You are third grade if your are stupid enough to believe in fairy tales which are for children.

Posted by: simon | Jun 14, 2014 12:13:31 AM

10. I bet Evan is a GOProuder who believes in a church which despises him and vote for the GOP which hates him.

Posted by: simon | Jun 14, 2014 12:17:00 AM

11. Evan:
    Wake up. The poop is not that into you.

Posted by: simon | Jun 14, 2014 12:27:44 AM

12. Pope : Patriarchy

It has no attachments to none other than the Hate. When will you Lemmings understand that?

The Pope is more Evil than ever before.

Posted by: TigHeart | Jun 14, 2014 1:01:38 AM

13. So that's 3 transgender" stories polluting Towleroad today. Let's have a look at what the trans activists are up to today:

First story is about how a transgender tricked and manipulated little children to perform in a video with erotic overtones and even tricked them into disrespecting their own house of worship. Disgusting. Israel should put her on a helicopter, fly her out to the new ISIS caliphate in Syria and leave her there.

Second story is about a transgender squatting in prison, diverting taxpayer dollars from programs where they are needed. Trans people are, above all else, selfish and think nothing of imposing costs on others. Missing from the story? The tranny is locked up b/c (s)he was violent with staff at her old youth home. Of course that was left out because the lives and safety of the staff don't matter, only the whining complaints of this violent tranny.

Third story is about how a transgender group is opposing ENDA because of the scope of its religious exemption. Of course, ENDA was introduced as a bill to prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation. It was then hijacked by trans activists and has never had a chance of passing since. Had we resisted trans activists, ENDA would be law today, affording workplace protections to millions of workers of all sexual orientations. To add insult to injury, the trans activists are now demanding changes to the bill that they co-opted and destroyed. Those who adhere to the religion of "LGBT" will roll over and do as they demand.

Posted by: Dave | Jun 14, 2014 1:41:19 AM

14. Th Pope receiving a anti-gay T-shirt from a homophobe is not much different from a previous Pope getting a yellow star from the Nazi.

Posted by: simon | Jun 14, 2014 3:41:45 AM

15. Of course I have to qualify it by saying the modern Pope is not as dangerous as the Nazi. Not due to better intention but for a lack of secular power. God knows how many Jews they have killed during their march on Jerusalem in the first Crusade. As Dawkins has pointed out :
    "the former Pope is an enemy of gay people, bestowing on them the sort of bigotry his church used to reserve for Jews before 1962."

Posted by: simon | Jun 14, 2014 6:23:10 AM

16. Tim Cook is not out, TBD. When asked, he ignores the question - he's not comfortable talking about his life. It sends a very bad message to gay kids.

Posted by: Sergio | Jun 14, 2014 7:43:23 AM

17. I'm glad no one fed the troll.

Posted by: Jorge | Jun 14, 2014 9:01:27 AM

18. Lana, you actually mean to say, "you wish you were dead." Not was.

And btw... you're likely not the only one.

Posted by: pete n sfo | Jun 14, 2014 9:08:00 AM

19. Agree with you, Dave. Let Towleroad keep posting this trans crap. It only educates people about how messed up they are.

Posted by: Ernie | Jun 14, 2014 4:23:31 PM

20. Actually, Dave and "Ernie," many equality groups (try reading the article) object to the scope of the religious exemptions in the current ENDA bill, as they should: the religious shouldn't get a free pass to discriminate against anyone. The religious exemptions as as bad for gay people as for trans people.

The ignorance and stupidity of TR troll comments on trans issues are, I imagine, encouraging Andy to post more.

Posted by: Ernie | Jun 14, 2014 4:34:40 PM

21. That Jlo- Pitt Bull- song was truly horrendous

Posted by: jarago | Jun 14, 2014 9:19:19 PM

22. I believe Tim Cook is out. But Apple is not in the S&P 500. Different from the Fortune 500.

Posted by: DavidR | Jun 16, 2014 5:05:31 AM