Barack Obama | News | Rick Santorum

Rick Santorum Thinks It’s Fun to Bang the President – VIDEO

Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 4.25.13 PM

At a GOP convention in Iowa over the weekend, Rick Santorum’s hilariously misguided choice of words were again on full display, with Santorum saying:

“Look, I understand why campaigns and all of you want to go out and just bang the president. It’s fun. I mean, it’s fun. It’s easy. It’s getting easier every day...”

Watch his uncontrollable “Santorum-of-the-mouth”, AFTER THE JUMP

Phil dunphyLast week, you may also recall Santorum trying to be all hip and cool and whatnot when he told USA Today that Hillary Clinton wasn’t “young and bling” enough for the Democratic Party’s nomination in 2016.

Anyone else think Santorum is kind of like a much less cool, much more rabidly homophobic version of Modern Family’s Phil Dunphy?

[via Mediaite]

Comments

1. I Object!!!

Phil Dunphey is goofy sometimes but he's great... and he's not the least bit homophobic.

Remember when he got hit on by Matthew Broderick?

I love, Phil... now, you take that back!

Posted by: pete n sfo | Jun 16, 2014 8:51:42 PM

2. Yeah, Geoffrey, no. Not at all.

You forgot to examine the character of those two characters. Who's paying you to compliment slimy Santorum,, Geoffrey ?!

Eww.

And I don't like you insulting Phil Dunfey. No. Not cool. At all. Look, we have a lot of genuinely antigay opponents who would jump to be considered as harmless as truly affable Phil Dunfey--but they are not for a minute.

Dude, ur comparison here seems as off key as Nancy Grace saying tAnita Bryant was as sweet as her grandmother.

To quote my ex, haha: no, you don't get to DO that. (And not expect some blowback)

Posted by: Just_a_guy | Jun 16, 2014 8:59:16 PM

3. I just watched the video (all 1:20 of it) and he didn't say "bang the prez" in it...

Posted by: Patrick | Jun 16, 2014 9:05:55 PM

4. Wait, Phil dunphy isn't homophobic, he's a goof. This statement makes me think your reporting on other things including this story may in fact be wrong.

Posted by: John | Jun 16, 2014 9:25:15 PM

5. Remember Dan Savage said he also wants to bang him.

Posted by: simon | Jun 16, 2014 10:24:54 PM

6. Jesus Rick! Phrasing!

-Archer

Posted by: Buck | Jun 16, 2014 10:59:17 PM

7. I think a lot of his speech is inflammatory and socially irresponsible. Social irresponsibility I think is at the core of a lot of problems in America right now...being socially irresponsible is essentially celebrated.

Posted by: steve | Jun 16, 2014 11:55:50 PM

8. Shut the F##k up Frothy!!!

Posted by: Mark | Jun 17, 2014 3:14:17 AM

9. With comments like these, I am hoping Mr. Santorum throws his hat into the 2016 presidential ring so that we can continue to document, read and laugh at his comedic and stupid comments!

Posted by: Bernie | Jun 17, 2014 12:41:27 PM