Shia LaBeouf Arrested at ‘Cabaret’ Performance, Allegedly Called Officer a ‘Fag’

Labeouf

Actor Shia LaBeouf was arrested during a performance of Cabaret on Broadway last night and escorted from the theater in handcuffs.

Broadway World reports that LaBeouf was disruptive and smoking during the performance.

ABC News adds:

Inside the precinct, LaBeouf was ranting and rambling incoherently, police said, threatening the officers and using offensive language. He remained handcuffed until being fingerprinted. LaBeouf was wearing a blue T-shirt with a rip on the right shoulder. He also exhibited an unpleasant body odor, police told ABC News.

He was charged with two counts of disorderly conduct and one count of criminal trespassing. An additional count of harassment was later added, police said.

The New York Post has more, reporting that LaBeouf "was slapping people on the behind and in the back of the head" and later allegedly used an anti-gay slur against cops:

At the Midtown-North station house, he allegedly became belligerent, demanding the cuffs be removed.
“F–k you. I’ll f–k you up!” the 28-year-old LaBeouf said, according to the sources.

Cops decided to not take the cuffs off the agitated “Transformers” star, and he allegedly started spitting, prompting officers to put a face mask on him.

LaBeouf then unloaded on the arresting officer and used a ­homophobic slur.

“I have millions and millions of dollars and attorneys,” the ­unhinged actor said. “I’m going to ruin your career,” he added, then allegedly called the cop a “f-g.”

Image below of LaBeouf's arrest:

Comments

1. johnny says

Another spoiled, entitled Hollywood kid acting out because he can’t handle whatever drug he’s on.

It will be interesting to see if he’s treated like a normal citizen (meaning: gets jail time) or if he’s going to get a slap on the wrist because he’s infamous.

2. Tigernan says

Johnny he’s not a Hollywood kid – he’s not even a kid – but his childhood was pretty well documented. At best he’s having the usual young man crises we all go through, only with lots of money and no one to tell him no. I feel like somebody should be intervening and working with him rather than just arresting him over and over. After all, that works so well for our urban members.

3. Tigernan says

4. Tigernan says

5. gr8guyca says

Three options lie ahead for him:

1: Short jail time, into rehab, tearful 60 Minutes interview, confessional People story, rehabilitation of career, people love his comeback, and he resumes his previous career track. (See also, Robert Downey, Jr.)

2: Long jail time, troubled prison life, exhausts finances on legal bills, leaves prison, spirals down on drugs, uninsurable for film work, infrequently pops up on TMZ and Enquirer, drifts off to oblivion. (See also, Macauley Culkin.)

3: Release on bail, overdose of drugs, dies.

6. Kenneth says

He’s having “the usual young man crises we all go through?” BS, I was no saint, but I never went around getting arrested in theaters, ruining other peoples paid for enjoyment of a show that is not inexpensive, one they probably had to actually work a job to be able to see, or threatening to f-up cops’ careers. Furthermore, he is an adult, he’s not some drunk college kid. I hope he gets the help he needs, starting with serving a real-life sentence. Yeah, that doesn’t necessarily work for actual troubled youth, but this is a grown ass man, living a privilidged life. In his case, it just might.

7. Rob says

If he had good seats (which most likely he did) he’s at a cocktail table where drinks are available. It’s very casual, no excuse though. Just saying.

8. Jere says

Another train wreck happening before our eyes. He’s been in the spotlight quite often with his attitude and actions. He’s the male Lindsey Lohan.

9. octobercountry says

I had been thinking that his very bizarre behaviour in recent times was due to substance abuse. But now I’m wondering if he actually has some sort of serious undiagnosed mental illness.

Pity—because if you remember when he was younger (one of the “Disney kids”) he really seemed to have his head screwed on straight; he seemed to have it all together, not like several of his contemporaries. But now he’s completely falling apart—the people in his life should at be trying to figure out what the problem is, whether mental illness is a factor…

10. bobbyjoe says

Cue Gary Oldman to whine about how everybody’s being so mean to Shia. “Why can’t celebrities just be allowed to disrupt performances and not wear deodorant and call cops ‘f*gs’,” Oldman can say. “Everybody does it, don’t we?”

11. MickyFlip says

This is a bit bizarre even for Shia. I don’t get it. Something very off about all of this. I mean… Cabaret? Really?? He couldn’t stay home and watch the film instead? I just don’t get it.

12. says

If this kid looked like “Larry the Cable Guy” would his antics even be reported here? Maybe WE need a bit of therapy for lusting after “rough trade”. I mean I’d probably give him a bubble bath.

13. Funky McFunkstein says

One man’s “unpleasant odor” is another man’s “intoxicating aroma”. I like mine so thick you can scrape it off with a blade.

But yeah, sounds like meth.

14. Rich says

Shia Labouf is not nearly as big a star as he thinks he is. He’s been behaving in an obnoxious manner for a while now. Soon no director will want him in a movie, and, you know what? He won’t be missed.

15. ratbastard says

Some say it’s an act. I don’t think it’s an act.

It could hust be the result of alcohol abuse, if so, the dude really can’t handle booze. I don’t think this is the case, I think there’s more. Seems to me he using meth and / or other stimulents. The highly emotional state, crying, erratic behavior, cops said he smelled really bad, this all suggests stimulents like meth, various prescription pills, etc.

He could also be afflicted with a serious mental illness like bipolar, borderline personality, maybe schizo.

16. EchtKultig says

Never gave him much thought but just googled him and found his wiki entry. Father was possibly a member of the cult-like “Angelus Temple” in LA, so, there’s definitely a question of heritable mental illness.

17. Peck says

While this all may be true, it is important to remember that cops lie ALL the time. They lie in affidavits to make people look bad to the judge and to anyone else who reads the affidavit.

Accusing an actor of making a homophobic slur, I’m sure, is something even a cop has the intelligence to think of when it comes to making a famous person look bad in the media.

Mr LeBeouf may indeed be proven to have done what the cops said but, when it comes to police saying any arrestee said, or did, anything, I always give the person the benefit of the doubt until proven guilty. Because, remember, even the Supreme Court has said it is all right for the police to lie; and that’s one ruling they live by.

18. DannyEastVillage says

I’ve made an ass of myself at least as effectively as this silly child has. I don’t know who he is and I don’t care, but I hope he finds Recovery.