Florida Gay Resort Parliament House Faces Closure On 40th Anniversary: VIDEO

Florida gay resort and entertainment complex Parliament House is facing closure.

Parliament-house-party-0

Florida gay resort and entertainment complex Parliament House is facing closure, reports the Orlando Sentinel.

Approaching its 40th anniversary, Parliament House filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy last week.

The property includes a 112-room hotel, seven bars, a swimming pool and an entertainment complex with dance floor and outdoor stage.

According to bankruptcy attorney Scott Shuker, the Orlando complex has been locked into a foreclosure and refinancing batter since it defaulted on loans during the recession in 2009.

Parliament House last went into receivership and faced foreclosure in 2010.

Watch drag queen Nina Flowers at Parliament House last May, AFTER THE JUMP

Comments

1. Profe Sancho Panza says

“Approaching it’s 40th anniversary …”

ITS. ITS. ITS. The possessive does not take an apostrophe. “It’s” is a contraction of “It is”. Come on, this is basic English here.

2. TonyJazz says

This is the best gay resort in all of the Southeastern US….

It will be a shame to lose an institution like this. I’ve seen many fun shows there…

3. Daniel says

I have had many great times at the P-House. I hope they are able to keep it open.

4. steve says

other than being in a very sketchy area of Orlando – I’ve heard it’s a cool place…

5. ColinATL says

That place is easily one of the skeeziest gay establishments on the east coast. I’ll never go back…

6. Not that rob says

I went there last year for the first time during my trip to disney. It was like time-traveling back to 2005..

7. LongTimeFan says

The place is not closing, its a re-organization of finances. Chapter 11 and 13 are totally different. Parlament is a landmark.

8. dbearhugnc says

Like everything else. Gay neighborhoods, gay bookstores, and now gay resorts are closing. Lack of business and lack of need to be self-segregated.

9. Enchantra says

We should applaud gay people who took big financial risks to make things happen. Unfortunately, someone long ago decided that gay resorts should be trashy.

The Parliament House had a lousy restaurant, rooms that smelled like bleach and cigarettes, and a clientele who wanted it to be a trashy place where naked men left rooms unlocked and ass in the air.

I went there once.

10. Miss Miss P says

Hands together, hands together, hands together, and lets welcome to the stage ……….

11. KC & The Sunshine Band says

Oh, but it was Paradise for a circa 1973, 19 yr old hayseed from the rural south. You could get your hair did, eat, drink, shop, dance all nite, not get killed, and never leave the premises. All those pretty city boys were available for the price of nothing more than a good old fashioned case of crabs. And who could ever forget Miss P., Scullery maid by day, Fabulous by nightfall. I hope it makes it through this, though its time has probably passed. I will always remember it with great
    affection. …do a little Dance, Make a little Love, get down tonight….

12. KC & The Sunshine Band says

affection. …do a little Dance, Make a little Love, get down tonight….

13. D.R.H. says

The place is filled with the kind of queens that listen to Celine Dion on repeat every day of their lives. It needed a nuke in the 90s.