Film | Trailer | Xavier Dolan

Gay Director Xavier Dolan Releases Trailer For Prize-Winning 'Mommy': Video

Screen Shot 2014-07-19 at 12.43.14 PM

At only 25, French-Canadian director Xavier Dolan has a whopping 5 films under his belt, not to mention various awards and accolades. For example, his newest work, Mommy was awarded the Cannes festival's Jury Prize this year. Dolan is also known for his previous works, which include I Killed My Mother, Heartbeats, and Laurence Anyways.

Check out the international trailer for Mommy, which was just released Thursday. The film stars Anne Dorval, who is a regular in Dolan's films.

Watch AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. YAAAAAAS!

This dude is the real deal - legit wunderkind. "Tom at the Farm" was incredible - an intense, psychologically disturbing and insanely Hitchcockian film - old school in its use of film theory, new school in its approach to character shadings. Brilliant.

I'm so crushingly in love with this guy, its insane. He's brilliant brilliant brilliant.

cannot wait to see this one. #marryme

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Jul 20, 2014 12:42:24 PM

2. Urgh, I hate the theme music. Really ruins the clip. And isn't French canadian crazy to hear!!??

I understand French but I can't understand them! It evens sometime sounds Czech!

Posted by: Rowan | Jul 20, 2014 1:01:38 PM

3. Xavier = Love.

Posted by: Marc | Jul 20, 2014 1:55:23 PM

4. Yes Rowan, they do speak a very odd 'French' in la belle province. I can well remember as child watching American TV shows dubbed into 'French' on Montreal TV stations and saying WTF to myself.

Is this guy supposed to be avante garde or something? Because, sorry to rain on anyone's parade but he's off by, oh I don't know, 40 years or more.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jul 20, 2014 2:17:11 PM

5. I'd like to see his take on Luka Magnotta (AKA The Canadian Cannibal); that I might watch.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jul 20, 2014 2:20:13 PM

6. He's 25 ratbastard. And a brilliant and acclaimed filmmaker. You're an internet troll with a fake-dead dad and nothing of worth to offer, at any time ever. sorry to rain on your parade, but he's already done more in his life than you'll ever accomplish in yours. and, he's freaking gorgeous. how's your crappy life going? still pretending your dad was killed by "blacks"? how nice!

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Jul 20, 2014 2:29:41 PM

7. You are a very sick puppy,Raymond Miller of Toronto.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jul 20, 2014 2:35:35 PM

8. I'm not the wimp who uses internet anonymity to spew his B.S.

unlike you, i have balls.
    i love how you use my name, as if it would scare me.

see? unlike you, i'm not a wimpy lil'coward. :) have a great day, alone! #forever

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Jul 20, 2014 2:43:43 PM

9. of his films I've only seen Laurence Anyways. it was brilliant!

Posted by: Bill | Jul 20, 2014 3:55:07 PM

10. Great movie! Saw it at the Cannes Film Festival this Spring. I was not sure at first but Dolan improves with every movie he directs and this one is superb!

Posted by: no-no | Jul 20, 2014 5:35:52 PM

11. Wow!! the trolls on here prove that "Gays eat their Own"....

Posted by: styler | Jul 20, 2014 6:51:27 PM

12. The film is brilliant..

Posted by: styler | Jul 20, 2014 6:55:47 PM

13. Looking forward to it. His earlier stuff was really worth seeing.

Posted by: Erko | Jul 20, 2014 7:32:31 PM

14. looks really good ..story and acting

Posted by: Martin | Jul 21, 2014 1:21:26 AM

15. Tom at the Farm just played Outfest in LA last night and I loved it. It's sad that it still doesn't have an American distribution deal. Looking forward to Mommy now.

Posted by: MrRoboto | Jul 21, 2014 2:41:10 AM

16. Is this like the first time in history that anybody outside of Canada has ever paid any attention to a Canadian film (or a Canadian painting or sculpture or a Canadian novel or play or a Canadian musical composition)? (LOL)

In any case, a film by a gay male entitled "Mommy" does not souund too promising to me......but maybe I will rent it if it makes it to Netflix just so that I can say that my mind remains eternally open....

Posted by: Rick | Jul 21, 2014 11:11:18 AM