Janelle Monae Invites You To A Dancin’ Sorority Party In ‘Electric Lady’ – VIDEO

Electric

Janelle Monae has just released a catchy new dance anthem for her song "Electric Lady" and the video has everything you’d expect from the Outkast descendant — cupcake-baking ladies, a retro-futuristic sorority setting, light saber group dancing and a groovealicious houseparty featuring a marching band.

Plus the video shows Monae’s real-life mother at the beginning — score!

The song comes from Janelle Monae’s latest album The Electric Lady. We shared her video for Q.U.E.E.N. (another track from the same album) earlier this year.

Watch the video AFTER THE JUMP…

Momma_monae

Comments

1. Icebloo says

She is such a loser. She can’t even be honest about her sexuality. MAJOR FAIL.

2. petey says

Janelle Monae doesn’t seem very gay male-friendly, does she? I didn’t see any gay men in her video.

She seems to be one of these faceless, non-descript females that get churned out at the rate of knots by the music labels these days.

3. petey says

4. Deen says

I mean to say

People sit back,listen & enjoy!

btw
    just close your eyes and feel the grove

5. Kieran says

So much AWESOME choreography in this video! This video is a delight, and I love the absolute JOY Janelle Monae infuses into her performances. She is magnificent!

6. pablo says

Her shtick got old real quick. She’s clearly talented, but drop the act and be real for once.

7. Brandon H says

Jannelle, I thought you were better than the shameless product placement. Oh well.

8. TheMultiplex says

I ADORE her. I can’t stop listening to her albums, have them pretty much on repeat some days. Can’t wait to see her live as she’s constantly ranked as one of the best live acts working today.

And to you sad, misguided haters: stuff it.